How many?

Lissa

Premium Member
Reaction score
how many close friends do you have and what sort of things do you do with them, also how often do you see them?

I have best friend but I don't see her in person like 2-3 years. :( I miss her to death! She might come this fall/winter (not sure yet cuz she wanna meet my baby).

close friends...I don't know who I feel close to. I am close to my aunt...but however she lives 3,000 miles away from me. :(

Six. But they are all my family members. And see them every week at least. We go to the mall, go walking, play games.

I currently have one best friend, She lives down south 75 miles from me so I see her when I can. We talk every day on MSn messenger. I saw her in july and will be visitin her in 4 weeks if not sooner

I have my best friend for 35 years! :ily: to Sam!

I have a Deaf bestfriend of almost 20 years who lives not far from me, I am going to be her bridemaid at her wedding next year and a hearing bestfriend who is currently living at my house! She will be back in Ushisa, south america for 2 year contract this October...
I have fleet of friends deaf (with CI or not) or hearing and love them all....

1 is my girlfriend
2 are my friends from high school, lost one due to life circumstances
1 is my sister

My girlfriend and my sis are the ones I am closest to. They're the best and I love them to death.

I have one close friend but that's about it... the rest are just normal friends I hang out occasionally

I have 1 best friend from PA whom I have known since I was 18 months old. We both went to the same middle and high school in AZ. We both have 5 close friends who also live in PA and we call ourselves the Charlie's Angels. We are all deaf. :)

I see them 6 times a year..sometimes more. We schedule our girls' night out throughout the year taking turns at each other's houses. The one last Sat was at my house. One of them couldnt make it so 4 of them came. I feel very very blessed to have them.

If family counts, my deaf brother and hubby are my other two close friends.

I also have 3 other close friends whom I dont see much..one lives in California, one lives in NC, and one here in MD but she has personal issues that take up her time. I miss them. Yep, all of them are deaf or hoh.

*off-topic*

I just wanted to say this...DeafLissa, u definitely do come up with good threads! :)

:ty: Shel90!!

Nobody's said that to me before!!

My deaf close friends don't seem to bother to talk or see me anymore even though I ask to see them etc, but now I know not to bother with them. I have found new true friends whom I have more things in common with!!

how many close friends do you have and what sort of things do you do with them, also how often do you see them?

I have 1 best friend since high school and 4 close friends since we were wearing diapers. With my best friend - we talk often and we hang out at least once a month. As for my close friends - they all live in different states but we visit sometimes and we talk once in a while via txt/IM/email/FB.

I had a best friend when I was a kid but she moved away. Back in 2006 we was reunited for the first time in 10 years!! We talk occasionally and meet up :D

:ty: Shel90!!

Nobody's said that to me before!!

My deaf close friends don't seem to bother to talk or see me anymore even though I ask to see them etc, but now I know not to bother with them. I have found new true friends whom I have more things in common with!!

I used to have this other best friend in high school who was hearing but we had a major falling out in 1997. I just reconnected with her via Facebook but it is not the same. Too much water under the bridge.

I have a lot of friends and well known people around my city because I raise here nearly whole of my life, but only have like 2 or 4 very close friends. I visit them and they visit me as often as we can. I am socially reserve :)

I've had best friends come and go, no one of the long term sort. I tend to keep a circle of trustworthy friends pretty small since so many I meet do not earn 100% of my trust. Currently, my bandmates fit the bill, I don't consider relatives since I have had enough of my lifetime to know them, it's great to get new perspectives from others, especially from those I trust.

I used to have one best friend who is Deaf from high school and I have not seen her for a long time and I am trying to contact her but she had not respond back, yet. Also I had few cool Deaf friends from high school, but not close or best friends. I have been trying to get hold of them, too. I sure miss my classmates from my old high school days. They all wanted to sign and they did learned how to sign like me. We hate oral-only program at our high school. Ugh.

I have four, one in the Army, one in WI for ROTC/nursing, two brothers- one at grad school, the other is going soon. None of them are around me to where I can drive and visit them. I usually hang out with the two brothers and play videogames, watch tv, or just talk. The first two are out of my state but visit once in a far while.

I have a lot of friends due to the area I grew up, a lot of deaf friends. But I have four best friends, I grew up with them: 3 from TMOS, have known them since I was just a toddler and one that I have known since 6th grade in middle school. However I haven't seen two out of four of my best friends for years, one since 2004 and other since 2005, but we talk daily through texting and MSN/Aim messaging. The other two, I see them often, we would meet up and get together, to hang out such as going to the mall, or go out to lunch/dinner, go see the movie, just basically hang out and talk... we often talk alot whenever we see each other and have fun.

I have lot of close friends.... and we do the same thing basically.

I have about 6 close friends, and a lot of them I dislike (like 3 of them) because they are rather selfish and have not bothered making any contact with me throughout the summer. Oh well... that's high school eh? New friends every year. :P

Back