How many months or years apart are your kids?

MilitaryGirl83

Reaction score
Just wondering.. I often hear from people that close age kids aren't good and said age range is better.. what do u think?

my daughter will be 5 yrs old in few weeks and my son is 2 1/2 yrs old. Also i am on the way due on april. Really, it is not matter what age should be close or apart. Just depend on money or family issues, or other reasons. OR just simply want to have a big family. Today i noticed moms now more to have a baby or toddler to be close age with new baby.
Mommyof3

From what I read, every child should be born with a gap of 5 years each. Academically speaking, that is.

I've read and observed that it's best to have kids at least two years apart. The reason for this is so that the couples can adapt to caring for their newborn while caring for a 2-year-old who's capable of handling himself. Most kids can handle things such as walking, running, talking, drinking, eating, etc... around the age of two. If you had a baby, then had another before the previous baby reached the age of you... you would probably have to deal with two kids who can't walk, run, eat, or drink on his or her own.

Banjo said:
From what I read, every child should be born with a gap of 5 years each. Academically speaking, that is.

Yes, I heard about this. It´s doctor who recommend during parent evenings. I asked her why.

Her answer:

Spend more time to enjoy to know your child first then........ 5 years is the best age, she said.

My children are 3 years apart.

my sister is 7 years older than me and we never even once fight till i was legal age then yea we fought lol. i have done few housekeeping... children who are not 5 years apart tend to fight with each other a lot more than those who are .

my older sister is 4 years and some weeks older than me -- we fought BAD when we were growing up -- now in adulthood we rarely argue -- when we DO argue its usually over having difference of opinions on some issues

my boys are 2 yr 1 month apart. I can see close relationship between them already.

my dh is 6 yrs and 15 yrs apart from his older sisters. he is close to the one who is 6 yrs apart, never got along with 15 yrs apart.

who cares what ppl think what or how many yrs apart. it is parents decision not the drs.

VamPyroX said:
I've read and observed that it's best to have kids at least two years apart. The reason for this is so that the couples can adapt to caring for their newborn while caring for a 2-year-old who's capable of handling himself. Most kids can handle things such as walking, running, talking, drinking, eating, etc... around the age of two. If you had a baby, then had another before the previous baby reached the age of you... you would probably have to deal with two kids who can't walk, run, eat, or drink on his or her own.

Vamp,

I agree. My sister's kids are 15 mos apart, and it has been difficult at times. We've had to treat them like they are twins, but it's gotten easier. Each kid is now discovering his or her own likes and dislikes, but when they were babies, it was rough. My nephew was 15 mos old when his sister was born, wasn't yet potty trained, and wasn't even thinking about the potty at that time. Therefore, my sister had a new born AND a toddler still in diapers. Eh, I really think it's best to have your children at least two years apart in age.

I have three children and they're ALL 5 years apart ....I guess I keep making babies every 5 years LOL but the good thing I finally got my tubes tied...

I do love children but 3 is enough for me! ;) and since Roadrunner has 3 of his own, so that makes us have 6 children all together.....*thud*

Last edited:
^Angel^ said:
I have three children and they're ALL 5 years apart ....I guess I keep making babies every 5 years LOL but the good thing I finally got my tubes tied...

I do love children but 3 is enough for me! ;) and since Roadrunner was 3 of his own, so that makes us have 6 children all together.....*thud*

By any chance, do you have a maid named Alice? :D

Anyways, to be back kinda on topic..... my brother and I are 2 years 2 months apart and we used to fight all the time when we were kids, but now he's like my best friend in the world. Youngest is usually instigator from what I've seen, it's same way with my sister's 2 daughters who are 4 years apart.

I have thousands of kids apart by seconds but they're gone in drain when I release myself :laugh2:

My brother is 4 years younger than me. My sisters are 6 years younger... meaning they're 2 years younger than my brother.

I grew up as the middle child of 3 kids before my youngest sister came along when I was 15 years old to complete the number of 4 siblings.

My brother is 2 years older than me and my younger sister 2 years younger than me. We all fought like cats and dogs.

My daughters are 13 months apart. It was extremely difficult at first because of diapers.

But they are now 9 and 8. They are very close and best friends. However I made sure that they are 2 grades apart hence my youngest is the oldest in her class. I wanted them to have their own friends at school.

I really don't think age ranges make that much of difference. Each child is different and has her/his own temperament. It is up to the parents to give each child enough attention. I always made sure that my girls are acknowleded as individuals, even though a lot of strangers stop me on the street and ask me if my girls are fraternal twins due to their same size. Both share same clothes and shoes but they have their own style though.

my son 13..
my daughter 10 2 1/2 years aparts...
last son 8 yrs old.. still same 2 1/2 years aparts.

All I want early age retired when I turns 45's... All kids will be older enough and responbile their own... :D

Doesn't want wait til 4 or 5 years aparts.. errr no thanks.. (chuckles)

I know of for women 1 yr/12 mo after giving birth a baby need to get her body back, most got preggy earlier than 12 mo Dr said
my girls re 3 yrs 3 mo apart older sister is more sharing but younger

my sister is 7 yrs older than me.. we are very close.. i wish we were closer in age.. oh well..

I have 4 children... My older is 8,then 7,6 and 2... the average is 2 years but my middle two 6 and 7 is 11 months apart.. ACCKKK! I must be crazy.... LOL!

My kids are 6 years apart. It is very nice. My older daughter is like a second mother to my little boy. She even changes diapers and feeds him his sippy cup. The bad thing is how he cries when she leaves him for school! He tries to peep out the door to follow her.

Back