How long after dating to marry?

How long did u get married after starting date?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sweet4u618

Reaction score

6 months or less

6 mo to 1 yr

1 yr to 1 1/2 yr

1 1/2 yr to 2 yr

2 yr or more

Husband #1: was with almost 4 years before we got married.
Husband #2: was with 5 years before we got married - but this was mostly because I didn't really want to get married again. I *KNEW* he was my soulmate from the moment I met him when I was still married to Husband #1. (And HE *KNEW* I was the woman HE was supposed to be with too but he was still off-and-on with his Babymomma.)

Frankly, I don't think anyone should get married before they are 28 and have had at least 3 serious relationships first.

why wait??? it seems if you don't trust the person at first, then you won't ever learn to trust that person later.
I believe in faith. If you like each other and if he wanna marry you, go right ahead... let God help you get on the right path, trust him.

There is no perfect time when to get marry, and there is no perfect guy to marry to, so just do it if you want to marry. And if he doesn't want to marry me, then he doesn't need me, bye.

No matter how long you wait and get to know the guy, there is still 50% chance you might divorce.

:D

I rather either one year to one year and half year OR one and half year to 2 years OR 2 years or more than that..

Becuase, I rather to date with a guy more than 6 months to a year then living together MAYBE less than a year then that guy decide to ask me WHENEVER to marry him then I might will say yes if right time ;) Im not going to tell. :angel:

I picked 1 and a half year to 2 years... just gotta make sure you do it at the right time and feel very confident to get married. Marriage is a sacred.

i think u have to date someone for at least a year to really know them. and i think u need to move in with the person before getting married so that u know everything about them. so when u get married you wont be surprised that they snore, or steal the blankets at night or have horrible morning breath, or doesnt pick up after themselves.

I think you should wait to be certain this person is who you want to be with for the rest of your life, I was in a relationship for 6 years and was engaged to get married, I recovered he cheat on me when I walked in on them, He told me it wasn't the first time he cheat on me. You might think you know him that well enough, but be certain you know him that deep enough, because if you rush into getting married, and it doesn't work out a bitter divorce cost a lot of money out of your pocket. It's not worth it. ;)

Cheri said:
I think you should wait to be certain this person is who you want to be with for the rest of your life, I was in a relationship for 6 years and was engaged to get married, I recovered he cheat on me when I walked in on them, He told me it wasn't the first time he cheat on me. You might think you know him that well enough, but be certain you know him that deep enough, because if you rush into getting married, and it doesn't work out a bitter divorce cost a lot of money out of your pocket. It's not worth it. ;)

I do agreed with you that divorce cost a lot of money out of the pocket :ugh:

sweet4u618 said:
6 months or less

6 mo to 1 yr

1 yr to 1 1/2 yr

1 1/2 yr to 2 yr

2 yr or more
I think the author of this thread is asking people who are already married, planning to get married or have been married. Look at her question :)

I'm not married yet but will be next year, I met Roadrunner from DeafChat, and we chat on line for 8 months before I flew down to meet him for the very first time, then a month later, he moved up where I live and we've been together for almost 4 years now ( I think :giggle: )....

ButterflyGirl said:
I think the author of this thread is asking people who are already married, planning to get married or have been married. Look at her question :)

Oh Opps! Missed that headline. :giggle:

:Oops: Sorry didnt see that..

Im not married but was engaged with my three ex finacees but they arent work out. But right now Im a girlfriend to Sequoias ;)

We dated for three months, got engaged, then married two months later.

That was over 30 years ago. We're still happy together. :P

Reba said:
We dated for three months, got engaged, then married two months later.

That was over 30 years ago. We're still happy together. :P

Over 30 years ago?! Wow, thats so amazing! Im very glad that your husband and you are still happy together! :hug:

First engagment was with my ex boyfriend for a little more than two years, Robert(deaf guy) he and I dated for 10 months and he asked me to marry him and I said yes and been engaged until a little more than two years. He and I dont work out.

Second engagment was with my ex boyfriend for almost five months, Timothy(hard of hearing) I was admit to marry him because I was pregnant with his kid. But he abused me for whole of almost 4 months and I had been patient and thought he would change but Im wrong, when he said that I need to go back to my parents and I went back and all of sudden, I dumped him when I found out that I got miscarriaged by he punched in my stomach.

Third engagment was with my ex boyfriend for over a year, Robert(hearing) he asked me to marry him after around 8 months. He and I dont work out.

*shrugs*
My relationship took 7 1/2 years then married... (chuckles)
:Ohno:~scared to marry my man... kept stall little bit longer and longer.. Made me realized still same my man always stayed w/me longest together.. So goforth we were ahead and married then happily.. Always same relationship as condiser marriage are roller coaster..
Just normal that way...

Where should I vote?

My hubby & I saw each other 13 times and wrote letters each other alot (that's time we don't have computer). He lived in Germany as I in England. We engaged at Boxing Day and married in 1985 in England. I moved to live in Germany after honeymoon in Paris in 1985.

We are happily married for over 20 years now. It will be 21st wedding anniversary this September.

I familiar with German atompshere and feel that I born in Germany because I live in Germany for a long time to know the familiar and languages.

Wow Liebing and Reba, hard to believe, seen for a short time then get married. but mircale you both married very long time. Which is good, look at nowaday, very short marriage and numerous of divcore.

I was married before, been w/ ex hubby 3 years before married.

And i always been in long relationships. I think it should be more than 2 years to 4 years, to be certain of ur heart what u wants. in THIS nowaday! I never feel to be wanted to married with other guys when i was in relationship but this guy i'm with right now, I found my soulmate! We haven't talk about marriage this moment, we been together more than 2 years from now. I do like to get marry again but importance to be ready first.

Back