How is your weather today part II

Born and raised on a small farm in Minnesota but have lived over half of my life now in southern California......got a whole closet full of loincloths! :lol: J/K

icon9.gif
NOT FAIR

I got a snow storm warning in effect from Sunday 4 pm to Monday. 8 to 12 inches. I already have about 4 inches on the ground. I guess groundhog won't come out this year.

Beautiful sunny day 72º but pretty windy. Took Marley to the park for a mile walk and she almost took off like a kite.

Now they are saying up to 14 inches is possible in some areas. Sigh..... looks like a LONG Sunday/Monday. I will need to stock up before the brunt of it hits tomorrow afternoon.

Snowing, with several inches having already fallen, and that is just the beginning. The worst of it will be in a few hours.

It is now official: Chicago is under a Blizzard Warning..... 3 years to the date we last were issued one, on this very date in 2012. This will be my 4th blizzard I have been through, as I went through the 1996 and 1997 ones down south, and the 2012 one here. Welcome back blizzard...... NOT.

An update...... it appears that the 14-inches forecast was well off the mark, and that Blizzard Warning we got this morning may have been pointless. Ugh......

Last edited:
So far, about ten inches snow, still snowing.

We have huge cedar trees with branches weighed down by snow. Hopefully another tree won't fall on our house.

I am so ready for spring!

We have huge cedar trees with branches weighed down by snow. Hopefully another tree won't fall on our house.

OMG you had tree fall on house no one hurt or house ruined...some big tree near me they got protection order on them,i get very scared when see wind blowing on them,it be my house that get it.
anyhow it dark damp not very nice now

Me too!! I actually yearn to hop on my bicycle, but conditions aren't safe for that. I am SO ready for sunny days and clear weather.

OMG you had tree fall on house no one hurt or house ruined...some big tree near me they got protection order on them,i get very scared when see wind blowing on them,it be my house that get it.
anyhow it dark damp not very nice now

Luckily only the storm gutters and a small edge of the roof got damage.

The tree was a cedar, and most of the weight was on some side branches.

They got impaled into the ground and held most of the weight off our house.

The wood of the tree was used to construct a sundial that actually works.

Cloudy and not too cold. I got my car washed today so now the snow line will probably move south and I'll get snow instead of rain tonight. :D

I grew up in Northeast until I was about 25 (moving to So. Calif). No more boots, no more gloves, no more coats, no more red nose. :lol:

Chicago weather just after midnight this morning:

IMG_20150201_002032_240_zps3c63y42n.jpg

IMG_20150201_002020_973_zpsz4a7eal5.jpg

IMG_20150201_002025_951_zps1mfi0ffc.jpg

Traffic at the stroke of midnight on the Red Line:

IMG_20150201_000315_176_zpscqsxbp6k.jpg

That last picture was absolutely crazy. It was a circus out there.

dewc5e.jpg
My front yard today.

I hate to say it, but I don't think that picture of your front yard is pretty! :lol:
How come just those who don't have snow think it's lovely???. I've seen all the snow I want and we have another foot coming in tomorrow on top of the 30 inches from last week. Arrrgghh!! :eek3:

I hate to say it, but I don't think that picture of your front yard is pretty! :lol:
How come just those who don't have snow think it's lovely???. I've seen all the snow I want and we have another foot coming in tomorrow on top of the 30 inches from last week. Arrrgghh!! :eek3:

I kind of feel both ways. This winter hasn't been too bad in Iowa, but looks like we are paying for it now!

Still coming down since last night, and when my husband measured on the back deck this morning, 10 inches. Don't know how much there is now.

Has been a beautiful & sunny day here...upper 70's....just watered my outside plants, everything has been so dry lately....hope we do get a little rain next week.

Back