How Incest have influenced history

thewinterknight

Reaction score
As we all know what the words incest means, but have we even analyzed it's impact on history.

After all there are several known cases of incests among the royalty of varying times and ages to keep their blood 'pure' and to keep their houses aboce the common folks.

Yet incest is praciticed even today.

But there is an interesting article on the subject of incest here

The subject of incest is a tender matter and I ask those easily offeneded to avoid this thread although.

I know a case of incest exists within my family.

My cousin married his second cousin or was it the third cousin and they had two kids and then they divorced because he was cheating on her with his secretary (can't spell the word, sorry.)

thewinterknight said:

My cousin married his second cousin or was it the third cousin and they had two kids and then they divorced because he was cheating on her with his secretary (can't spell the word, sorry.)
Its so OLD STORY, not new...

I aint surprise that various countries are still practicing incest in their own familimes..

Ancient Hebrew

Ancient Egypt

Ancient Greek

Ancient Roman

They were incest in their families, because they want their pure family with blood and race in their genernations genernation than involve to mix with other race of foreginers

Today, Utah in USA, Mexico, South america, Asia, and some middle east are still practicing incest their own families, they believed God command them to do it and God's law.. that is okay for them..

thewinterknight said:
As we all know what the words incest means, but have we even analyzed it's impact on history.

After all there are several known cases of incests among the royalty of varying times and ages to keep their blood 'pure' and to keep their houses aboce the common folks.

But there is an interesting article on the subject of incest here

The subject of incest is a tender matter and I ask those easily offeneded to avoid this thread although.

I don't believe in incest, because it is not healthy to practice incest. That's NOT normal - IMO. I know in some cases some families do practice incest within the families, but gee - it violated " innocence ", not to mention of the word " innocent " which means a different thing.

Umm... I am pretty much aware that there was my mom's family side who were involved practicin' incest. And, also physical/verbal abuses. I can't tell you anymore than that, because some of it are private. It's a personal matter. Soo, I know how that " incest " came up.

That word " incest " is really sick to picture. To me, that's abnormal.

I believe there was one or two incest situations being recorded in the Old Testament. I cannot remember now right off the top of my head cuz I am tired now. Its my beddie time. :)

Incest is generally frown upon in the Western world but I'm not so sure about the Eastern world.

Studies has shown that children born out of incestious situations tends to be worse off than children born of non-incestious situation. Think about it this way.

Pure-blood people are more at risk for diseases and illnesses because their genes are too similiar to their parents, while mixed children tends to be more resistant to diseases and illnesses because their genes are 'mixed' and completely different from their parents.

If you still don't understand, think incestious parents as Dad=A and Mom=a
now the genes of the kid would be Aa they're similar. In a theortically speaking method.

Now a non-incestious family is Dad=A Mom=B and the genes of the child is AB and the genes is completely different from the parents while the incestious child is similar to his parents.

Some diseases require special triggers for them to take place.

For example, a disease require a gene of Aa to take place but can't occur if it's AB. You see what I'm talking about?

In short Incest may never go away completely. But it'll most certainly decreases due to the exploding population of the world.

This reminds me of a scholarly paper I read years ago. It pointed out that if you took two unrelated children and gave them frequent exposure to each other as children, the odds of them marrying dropped sharply. If they did marry, the incidence of charged romance and sexual chemistry was found to be much lower than average.

The authors used a bunch of other techniques, but they ultimately concluded that exposure to other children sends off a "This might be a genetic relative" alarm. Our bodies then discourage attraction.

That was the gist of it anyway. Fascinating paper. :)

Cousin-cousin incest isn't that bad of a thing.....It was very common back in the old days! However more familal incest......I'm sorry, but that's totally not psychologically healthy!

It's interesting how this Incest topic is brought up. Certainly a history has a HUGE part playing in related to Incest. I have heard and seen alot of incest going on since it is common here in Kentucky. It used to be allowed back in the old days but now, of course it is illegial for an incestual marriage.

I'm sure you guys already know that incest plays a big part of so many disabilities in the role - I only wonder, If it was not for the incest that had been in the history, would disabilities be in the pool in the today's term? It's just a thought. Don't mind me if I am being curious.

Scotland is another example where incest was common becuz many people lived in small isolated villages and it was easier to do it. As a result, mental illness and moodiness (I believe its depression) was common. Im sure this is the same in some other countries as well. KY was settled by many people from Scotland so I assume they brought that incest tradition with them.

sillycat said:
Scotland is another example where incest was common becuz many people lived in small isolated villages and it was easier to do it. As a result, mental illness and moodiness (I believe its depression) was common. Im sure this is the same in some other countries as well. KY was settled by many people from Scotland so I assume they brought that incest tradition with them.

Perhaps but it was not only that it was carried from Scotland. It was also immigranted from other countries like England, Ireland, Germany.. so and on, Mostly it's aimed for the European countries. Mental Illiness and the depression is a factor but does it come from incest? That's something we have to check on to see if it actually does come from incest? It can be so many reason why or where the origin of it comes by with.

CyberRed said:
I don't believe in incest, because it is not healthy to practice incest. That's NOT normal - IMO. I know in some cases some families do practice incest within the families, but gee - it violated " innocence ", not to mention of the word " innocent " which means a different thing.

Umm... I am pretty much aware that there was my mom's family side who were involved practicin' incest. And, also physical/verbal abuses. I can't tell you anymore than that, because some of it are private. It's a personal matter. Soo, I know how that " incest " came up.

That word " incest " is really sick to picture. To me, that's abnormal.

What about the first children of Eve and Adam?

Liebling:-))) said:

GOOD POINT!!!!!!!!
I think Adam and Eve got two sons, that's it.. so WHERE did they find a woman if Adam and Eve are the only folks on the Earth???
Bestiality?

Maybe the their boys did it with their mother, Eve?? There you go...incest. :D

Well according to Reba, Adam and Eve's kids DID have sex with their mother....Her reasoning was that Adam and Eve were "pure" so that having sex with your mom, didn't create genetic defects like today.
would disabilities be in the pool in the today's term?
Yes, there would still be a lot of disabilites......... only things like Tay Sachs,hemophilla, and things like that would be "missing"

Rashi's commentary indicates that both Cain and Abel had twin sisters, who also becam their wives...

I believe there was a "lost book" describing how children of Adam and Eve got the "wives/husbands." I vaguely recall that it claims that they met other people somewhere and mated with them.

Teresh said:
Rashi's commentary indicates that both Cain and Abel had twin sisters, who also becam their wives...

So according to Rashi, the entire human race is born out of an incestious situation?

Wow, that's gotta be harsh to some people who hate incest and believes in the bible,

For me, I'm leaning towards evolution a tad more after hearing this commentary.

Liebling:-))) said:

Well, let me type what my bible explains about " incest ". I would like for you to read your own bible that I provide some scriptures and try to understand. Ok ? :)

Incest

Sexual intercourse between persons too closely related for normal marriage, practiced among Egyptians and Canaanites who God judged ( Lev. 18:3, 24-25 ). Leviticus 18:6-19 prohibited unions between a man and his mother, stepmother, sister, half-sister, daughter-in-law, grand-daughter, aunt ( by blood or marriage ), or sister-in-law; it prohibited a man's involvement with a woman and her daughter or granddaughter and the takin' of sisters as rival wives. Penalties for various forms of incest included childlessness ( Lev. 20:20-21 ), exclusion from the covenant people ( Lev. 18:29;20:17-18; compare 1 Cor. 5:2, 5 ), and death ( Lev. 20:11, 12, 14 ). In patriarchal times, marriage to a half sister ( Gen. 2):12 ) and marriage to rival sisters ( Gen. 29:21-30 ) were permissible, though such marriages proved troublesome to both Abraham and Jacob. Scriptural accounts of incest include Gen. 19:31-35; 35:22; and 2 Sam. 13.

Yes, there would still be a lot of disabilites......... only things like Tay Sachs,hemophilla, and things like that would be "missing"

You mean genetic ones? Not quite - incest (and the founders' and bottleneck effects, which are related) increases the probability of recessive traits being expressed, but it's not the origin. Hemophilia in particular is associated with incest in many people's minds because the royal families in Europe had a high incidence of it, but they could just as easily have had a problem with another genetic trait; it just happened to be hemophilia.

Back