How does thoughts in your mind work?

No doubt the reason that you enjoy writing poetry is because you are in touch with that basic thought process of feeling and intuition. ASL taps into that as well.

Agreed.

ok, I have a situation, and I think it's interesting:

This past summer I went to a party and I got really plastered. Thank goodness I was staying the night. I guess I couldn't speak clearly enough, so I switched to ASL. I only know this cause my friends thought it was funny and taped me. When I saw the tape I was surprised to see how much I could clearly communicate, even though I was completely FUCKED UP. Sorry I don't have the video to show you. LOL It wasn't very flattering either.:giggle:

ok, I have a situation, and I think it's interesting:

This past summer I went to a party and I got really plastered. Thank goodness I was staying the night. I guess I couldn't speak clearly enough, so I switched to ASL. I only know this cause my friends thought it was funny and taped me. When I saw the tape I was surprised to see how much I could clearly communicate, even though I was completely FUCKED UP. Sorry I don't have the video to show you. LOL It wasn't very flattering either.:giggle:

That is too funny. I've never heard of that before.:giggle:

Jillio, I see what you're saying about visual and kinesthetic.
I think "apple" - see picture of apple, see sign for apple - first.
My husband is VERY linear, very literal and totally misses visual cues/body language/subtlety. Makes for an interesting relationship:lol:

I am still trying to understand how my thought work, not words nor sound but all pictures. Maybe this is one reason why my written English is so terrible. Oh well. Good topic. :)

Jillio, I see what you're saying about visual and kinesthetic.
I think "apple" - see picture of apple, see sign for apple - first.
My husband is VERY linear, very literal and totally misses visual cues/body language/subtlety. Makes for an interesting relationship:lol:

I bet it does keep things interesting. But with each of you having a different strength, you can fill in the gaps for each other.

The more angry I am, the stronger my ASL gets. LOL

Me too but it's only because I don't know the right words in English. I get frustrated because I can't get everything out verbally so I switch. Of course, nobody can understand me but I feel better. :giggle:

As to the topic: I think in visual/pictures/completed puzzles

I think in puzzles too, putting together pieces of words, it's like the word game 'hangman' and 'wheel of fortune' only in my head every waking moment :giggle: With 7 hearing kids and hearing husband, hearing parents - it's like I am the wheel that is spinning :laugh2: as I process it all.

I think in puzzles too, putting together pieces of words, it's like the word game 'hangman' and 'wheel of fortune' only in my head every waking moment :giggle: With 7 hearing kids and hearing husband, hearing parents - it's like I am the wheel that is spinning :laugh2: as I process it all.

That must incredibly exhausting! I know what it is like when I come home from work. So tired in the brain and eyes from focusing all day on lip reading.

They zip and ping around in my head at a million miles per hour and I often will post or say odd random thoughts.

That must incredibly exhausting! I know what it is like when I come home from work. So tired in the brain and eyes from focusing all day on lip reading.

Yes, that. Sign language is so much easier on the eyes, you are utilising a different area of vision (like a watchtower's spotlight steadily hovering over the whole scene instead of just a flash/torch light shining directly on the face)

Back