How do you peel an entire head of garlic?

Vanessa8

Reaction score
I was tired peel all head of garlic. ehhh! I learn from someone's post. It was pretty quick peel off one whole of garlic in less than 30seconds.

I haven't tried it before. Please share it here, how do you peel garlic?

I will post it soon...:lol:

I recall reading somewhere, you put the clove in a rolled piece of paper or something and roll it? I haven't tried it. I still do the old fashioned way.

Roast it and then squeeze it out like toothpaste.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LC84XjFI14A[/ame]

Last edited:
I just give the garlic clove a whack with my garlic press and that help break the skin . Or I press on the clove with my palm . I never used a whole head at one time, what where you cooking?

put it under a wide bladed knife then hit the side of the blade with your fist a few times.

I just give the garlic clove a whack with my garlic press and that help break the skin . Or I press on the clove with my palm . I never used a whole head at one time, what where you cooking?

Actually, we love garlic! We always cooking at lunch and dinner (with 2 dish side)... My palm hurt when it press on garlic and peel it off... I favor once entire head of garlic. I can use them by lunch or dinner. Do that every day.

I'm looking for easy. =)

Run for ur lives!....Vampires are among us!....:giggle:...Garlic breath is pretty smelly.....guessing you eat cloves afterwards?

I put the cloves in a glass jar with the lid on and shake like crazy for a few seconds and the skins come off in the jar. That's the easiest way I know about.

I put the cloves in a glass jar with the lid on and shake like crazy for a few seconds and the skins come off in the jar. That's the easiest way I know about.

Will try this method next time I need more than 3 cloves l.

Run for ur lives!....Vampires are among us!....:giggle:...Garlic breath is pretty smelly.....guessing you eat cloves afterwards?

I went with my daughter to visit some friends in Maine , and we where outside talking and the blackflies came out and they where like little vampires going after my daughter and my friends . The husband looks at me and said " The bugs are not bothering you at all!" It was all the garlic and brewer yeast I ate.

Vampires are not happy with us...hehe :giggle:

We eat garlic mix with other foods likely vegetable and meat; but not eat alone garlic. I put 2 garlic cooking the rest of foods. And the next dinner same thing. I serving foods for my 5 family and add me .

Garlic is good health for all of us.:cool2:

I eat one nearly everyday and more if I have infection...it do take some doing but glass of milk and dry bread stops you heaving

stick the cloves in the microwave, 10-15 seconds per clove. They will make a POP and then the skin peels right off

I usually sing when I deal with garlic.
Kind of like this:

Garlic!!
How I love ya
How I love ya
Garlic!!

Everything about garlic makes me feel good. Sooo.... I go off into James Brown and... I FEEL GOOD... and then I am dancing and doing soul shouts

I go through a lot of garlic around here <3 <3 <3

I just tried an experiment today with peeling garlic faster. I have a nice 4lb. hammer I use out in the shop. I thought I would see how it worked.
It was amazing, one light whack and the whole head broke out of the paper. The pile of cloves I gently went tap tap tap and they were all ready to shuck. A little over 30 seconds but I got to enjoy the bigger hammer in the kitchen.

I usually sing when I deal with garlic.
Kind of like this:

Garlic!!
How I love ya
How I love ya
Garlic!!

Everything about garlic makes me feel good. Sooo.... I go off into James Brown and... I FEEL GOOD... and then I am dancing and doing soul shouts

I go through a lot of garlic around here <3 <3 <3

I just tried an experiment today with peeling garlic faster. I have a nice 4lb. hammer I use out in the shop. I thought I would see how it worked.
It was amazing, one light whack and the whole head broke out of the paper. The pile of cloves I gently went tap tap tap and they were all ready to shuck. A little over 30 seconds but I got to enjoy the bigger hammer in the kitchen.

Note to myself: If ever see Goodonya with garlic heading to kitchen, Stay out of kitchen!

Back