How do you make mashed potatoes?

I love homemade mashed potatoes... all my life.... mmmhhh

Just peeling potatoes and then put them in steamer with little water until they are tender... sprinkle salt and pepper, butter and milk and mash them...

I compared the taste between boiled potatoes with salt water and steamer... Use steamer is taste better than full boiled salt water.

Potatoes in steamer? That's new to me but makes sense to me. Boiling in water does loose some flavor, but steamer keeps flavor in. Will try that!! Thanks Liebling!

My husband is a chef, he always use whipped cream (half and half) He used them a lil... add butter, kosher salt and pepper. Ohhh it was thick and delicious.

But I usually add cream cheese in it, a lil milk, maybe a big spoonful of sour cream, kosher salt and pepper, its pretty thick and YUMMY!!!!

;)

OoOoOoOo!! Will use those next time as well!

I think from Potato Buds package is what leigh talking about.
yeah, in my country it called smash. powder potatoe
Smash_Instant_Mashed_Potato_88g.jpg

Oh half and half or evorpated milk...ummm I'll try that next time! I also put chives and real bacon bits in it! YUM!

my secert mash pototoes homemade is peel the pototoes skins off, cuts four pieces pototoes then pototoes put boiling the water with the pan and take about 1/2 to one hours... test if the pototes are tender or softs... i use a evoported milk 1/2 cups and chicken broths 1/2 .... sometime it is not enought mash pototoes and just add a little more evoported milk and chicken broths then put a half cream cheese until the cream cheese melts... I can t use a peper or salt... if you want to add a pepper or salt... then chop green onions and sprinkle any kinds of cheese... until little melt cheese ... then put in oven for about 20 mintues. make sure watch a little brown on top ... then ready to eat..... My ma fell in loves with my homemade mash pototoes and she learned this from me!! then all of my familys started to really loves my secert mash pototoes....

I usually someitme use steamer potatoes... takes 1 hour til tender potatoes... *yummy*

Mostly I use..
Cheesy potatoes
Onion Potatoes
Veggie w/potatoes
and much more... Creative making potatoes can come with mixed....
Tasty so mmmmmuhhhhhh! *delcouisly*

Regluar Mashed potatoes w/buttery and milk *stomping* (mashed) til litlte softer.... nicely... Sometimes I tend brings toppings on the top... Cheese or Onions with bacons or colored peppers.... Ohh melts my mouth!

I usually someitme use steamer potatoes... takes 1 hour til tender potatoes... *yummy*

Mostly I use..
Cheesy potatoes
Onion Potatoes
Veggie w/potatoes
and much more... Creative making potatoes can come with mixed....
Tasty so mmmmmuhhhhhh! *delcouisly*

Regluar Mashed potatoes w/buttery and milk *stomping* (mashed) til litlte softer.... nicely... Sometimes I tend brings toppings on the top... Cheese or Onions with bacons or colored peppers.... Ohh melts my mouth!

Steamer potatoes for 1 hour? :confused: Can you show me which steamer you use?

I use schnelltopf - Google Bilder . It´s fast and save energy. For only 5 to 10 minutes steam until the red ring shown then turn electricity or gas off and leave until red ring go down... then open the steamer...

I have one...we called it presser cooker. I didn't use that last night duh me! I should have :giggle:

I use schnelltopf - Google Bilder . It´s fast and save energy. For only 5 to 10 minutes steam until the red ring shown then turn electricity or gas off and leave until red ring go down... then open the steamer...

I have one...we called it presser cooker. I didn't use that last night duh me! I should have :giggle:

Thank you for correction... It´s presser cooker, not Steamer... :kiss: I forget English word is... I am sure it could be "Steamer" until you fresh my memory... yes.. .that´s presser cooker... :giggle:

I use presser cooker for peeling or unpeeling potatoes, vegetable, bread dumpling, gulasch, etc. I love it...

You should try it. I bet you will say that taste is better to use presser cooker as mashed potatoes.

I lived with my Aunty for one year, and I was surprised to watch her add a RAW EGGin mashed potatoes instead of tablespoon of butter and little milk, I tried it and it was delicious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I follow her tradition.

Really? I will try it...

Yea I didn't think last night...I just wanted to EAT....soooo sometimes this week I will ;) I need to find the book that goes with it cuz it has recipes for potatoes etc.

Thank you for correction... It´s presser cooker, not Steamer... :kiss: I forget English word is... I am sure it could be "Steamer" until you fresh my memory... yes.. .that´s presser cooker... :giggle:

I use presser cooker for peeling or unpeeling potatoes, vegetable, bread dumpling, gulasch, etc. I love it...

You should try it. I bet you will say that taste is better to use presser cooker as mashed potatoes.

Yea I didn't think last night...I just wanted to EAT....soooo sometimes this week I will ;) I need to find the book that goes with it cuz it has recipes for potatoes etc.

It´s not hard. Use little water and put peeling potatoes on the net and lock... until 2 red ring come then turn electricity or gas off and leave until red ring go down... and then rid of potatoes liquid for gravy... and mashed potatoes with butter, milk, salt and pepper.

Good luck... :thumb:

Sound to me that it´s not real potatoes but chemistry... :cold:

it is called instant mashed potatoes. which is dehyradated potatoes ugh.. add water, butter, and milk and its instant mashed potatoes.. but it doesnt taste REAL .. my sis always cook that.. i dont like it.. i like REAL homemade mashed potatoes.. yummy! :)

I use this..
The Home Marketplace
*yummy*

Or you can type "Steamer pots" under google.. you'll find this and understand what am I using...

Put water the first pots... addy another pots has holes.. put on the top of it.. Let water boil... itself steam goes into the potatoes...close lid kept within 1 hour... Depends size of potatoes.. I use meduim potatoes size.. If it's large might be more longer than 1 hour..
:D

Back