How do you make mashed potatoes?

You guys are making me hungry for those mashed potatoes :giggle:

Anyway, I do what everyone normally does by putting the potato dices in the pan and let it boil for a while until the potatoes becomes soft. Just be sure not to make it TOO soft because it'd be thick and runny. I'd mix up some garlic cloves/herbs in it too to give it a zing and chives as well. I also sometime put some lemon zest on it too. Shredded Cheddars are good with the mashed potatoes as well.

Ohh yummy i love eating mashed potatoes...

For me at home, making an homemade mashed potatoes... i use little bit of salt, pepper, cream, butter and raw egg... mix it up, then add in bacon, cheese, onion and chopped garlic in mashed potatoes... yummy.

I love mashed and paked potatos. Believe me ask my dad or mom. My deaf friend told me if I eat too much I could be diabete. No it's stupid! Is that true?

Ohh yummy i love eating mashed potatoes...

For me at home, making an homemade mashed potatoes... i use little bit of salt, pepper, cream, butter and raw egg... mix it up, then add in bacon, cheese, onion and chopped garlic in mashed potatoes... yummy.

You said RAW EGG? oh :eek3:

I love mashed and paked potatos. Believe me ask my dad or mom. My deaf friend told me if I eat too much I could be diabete. No it's stupid! Is that true?

Myth #5 If you have diabetes, you should only eat small amounts of starchy foods, such as bread, potatoes and pasta.
Starchy foods are part of a healthy meal plan. What is important is the portion size. Whole grain breads, cereals, pasta, rice and starchy vegetables like potatoes, yams, peas and corn can be included in your meals and snacks. The key is portions. For most people with diabetes, having 3-4 servings of carbohydrate-containing foods is about right. Whole grain starchy foods are also a good source of fiber, which helps keep your gut healthy.

notice it said only portion size. so yes, i guess your friend is right.

Honestly, I never heard about this... This is a new to me... :eek3:

Surprised that no one mentioned sour cream. :eek3:

I like to undercook potatoes a little so they wont come out too runny and thin. You can always mash them to your preference - so it is easier if they were undercooked to begin so you can control how much milk/sour cream you want to put in.

Also it depends on what kind of potatoes you use too - better use the baking type of potatoes.

I have added blue cheese if I wanted a tangy flavor.

Always use salt/pepper - kosher is the best :bowdown:

notice my spell is wrong. paked -- should be baked lol i don't pay attention. embrassement....

well i don't have diabete yet and should be careful with it. still love to eat them with many stuffs on top. smileygin thanks for info with us :)

I like to undercook potatoes a little so they wont come out too runny and thin. You can always mash them to your preference - so it is easier if they were undercooked to begin so you can control how much milk/sour cream you want to put in.

Also it depends on what kind of potatoes you use too - better use the baking type of potatoes.

This sounds so yummy! Lemon pepper is better too I love blue cheese mmm! I am in your shoes and everyone here too!

i add sour cream to mine sometimes.. when im in mood.. LOL.. :)

i DID. look above.. i did said sour cream! hehe.. :P yummy.. my mouth is drooling.. lol hehe..

notice my spell is wrong. paked -- should be baked lol i don't pay attention. embrassement....

well i don't have diabete yet and should be careful with it. still love to eat them with many stuffs on top. smileygin thanks for info with us :)

Welcome

This sounds so yummy! Lemon pepper is better too I love blue cheese mmm! I am in your shoes and everyone here too!

uh uh not me.. not everyone do like me as i dont like blue cheese... sorry... ugh.. im not a fan of blue cheese.. :ugh3:

Yeah I use sour cream when I don't have cream cheese. Yummy!! Bleu cheese? I never tried them before.

Oh I forgot to mention! Micacle Whip! Yes MAYO! Not a lot probably just big spoonful, that's all. And sometimes I put packet of ranch dressing mix in it as well. MMMM!

How do you make mashed potatoes??

I did make my own and taste yuck!!!! not smooth yet :( lol :giggle: :giggle: :giggle: :giggle:

Can you tell me how do that so I can do it next time when I want to make again.

I am lousy make mashed potatoes :lol: :giggle: :lol:
i like mash potatoes with pickle and egg with mustard... good taste...

How do you make mashed potatoes??

I did make my own and taste yuck!!!! not smooth yet :( lol :giggle: :giggle: :giggle: :giggle:

Can you tell me how do that so I can do it next time when I want to make again.

I am lousy make mashed potatoes :lol: :giggle: :lol:

Aww cute! I peel those real potatoes skins off and then cut them up in squares and put them all in a pot, add water fill it up to cover the potatoes, and boil it on the stove, when it is boiling, take a fork, poke in the potatoes if they are soft and fall off the fork that means it's done, then take the pot off the stove, drain all the water out, add butter, if you want to add shredded cheese you could, add milk then get an electricity mixer and mix all the potatoes, then you're done. ;)

Back