How do you make mashed potatoes?

Cut and quarters some potatoes and some carrots. Cover with water and gently boiled it with a dash of salt. After about 20 minutes, drain the water and mash it with a little butter to taste. No need to add milk cos it will make it too soft.
Sometimes I add a little bit of cooked cabbage or brussel sprouts to it and mash all up together. Very yummy!

Aww cute! I peel those real potatoes skins off and then cut them up in squares and put them all in a pot, add water fill it up to cover the potatoes, and boil it on the stove, when it is boiling, take a fork, poke in the potatoes if they are soft and fall off the fork that means it's done, then take the pot off the stove, drain all the water out, add butter, if you want to add shredded cheese you could, add milk then get an electricity mixer and mix all the potatoes, then you're done. ;)

You remind me of my mom and Grandma who did like this... I learned from them until I married and got presser cooker as wedding gift... I used it for mashed potatoes, vegetable, etc... I cooked for a first time like what you described when I was in London last May because my Dad don't have presser cooker... It fresh my memory... :giggle: electricity mixer... wow... I use http://web.ivenue.com/buffyscorner/images/RUPotatoMash.jpg all my life...

I noticed most of you add grated cheese or sour cream in mashed potatoes... :eek3:

I use simple... salt, pepper, milk and butter to mash potatoes..

DeafMonkey, update???????

I noticed most of you add grated cheese or sour cream in mashed potatoes... :eek3:

I use simple... salt, pepper, milk and butter to mash potatoes..

DeafMonkey, update???????

Ohh sorry no I havent make yet due ankle it is hard for me so now I can walk but will let you know when I will make mash potatoes :giggle: dont know how long depened I feel like to eat mash potatoes :lol:

Update!!!

Yayayayayay I did!!!!! not bad taste bit dry but it is all smooth whooo next time learn taste like wet not dry lol :lol:

THANKS!!! FOR THE TIPS!!!!

I never forgot in many times that my 2nd sister make mashed potatoes and it thought it is finish then I eat them and I was HUH!?!?!?! not finish make mashed potatoes then my mom took and make it again then later other days again not finish from my 2nd sister my mom got so mad at her cuase my 2nd sister do that many times which not finish so my mom wont let her do it again lol :lol: even she is 25 yrs old hahaha thanksgiving,easter,christmas wont let her do it only my mom do it lol :lol: :lol:

Way to go, DeafMonkey :thumb: Now you can experiment and use different ingredients in your mashed potato to give it a 'lively' taste! ;)

YAY! You did it girl!!! HIGH FIVE!

Now you keep that in your mind for near future's dinner!

no I didnt put pepper or salt in it lol butterflygirl
Hi, My name is Marcus. I'm a professional chef for more than 12yrs. First of all ,you are doing good and my advice is not to give up, just contiune to learn from your mistakes , once your mistake will be lesser than you make.

Believe me! At the age of 16, I made alot mistakes in my experience job and I finally learned better.It was easy for me and you can do it like " you did ride a bike and fell again then you contiuned to ride it again " So, that is the way of learning your mistake and experience which is important for your skills future.Remember there nobody is perfect!

It doesnt matter who is better than me or anyone.Not that important to showoff or brag how good cooker could be but the cooker forgot about his or her heart to share the respect and love with everyone! In real world, they don't give a shit about his or her impression cook! They can hurt their feeling by a professionalism like Iron American Chef or French. You notice how the job tougher than you image that as in " Hell's Kitchen " on TV. You think they are perfect but not true!
Wish you the best of luck, keep it up!!

Marcus-K.S.Sous Chef- California

My husband is a chef, he always use whipped cream (half and half) He used them a lil... add butter, kosher salt and pepper. Ohhh it was thick and delicious.

But I usually add cream cheese in it, a lil milk, maybe a big spoonful of sour cream, kosher salt and pepper, its pretty thick and YUMMY!!!!

;)

Yeah just a lil of half and half in my mashed potatoes, salt/pepper, butter and sometimes put in garlic powder mmm... you really have to mash the potatoes good ...

The second paragraph sounds like the potatoe romanoff with sour cream, grated old chedder cheese, grated potatoes, salt/pepper and baked it... ( I have to double check my recipe book if something missing from that ) smile...

I just peel potatoes, cut them up, boil them in water for a while, drain, add some butter and milk, then mash them up.

Simple as it is. :)

I just peel potatoes, cut them up, boil them in water for a while, drain, add some butter and milk, then mash them up.

Simple as it is. :)

HA! this thread been last year lol now I know how to make mash potatoes lol :lol:

I'm famous for my mashed potatoes

Depends how many potatoes you needs and I used half water and half chicken broth and cover with the lid and let it boils until it's tender then saved the water/chicken broth drained in a bowl and leave potatoes in pot after draining it and adds one sticks of butter or more depend how many potatoes you peeled and get out your blender starts beating it, then pour water/chicken a little at a time until you see the potatoes run smoother, I don't use milk ..water is milk, same things ..it's tastes soo good ..adds salt and pepper of your choice ...Hope this helps! Smile

How do you make mashed potatoes??

I did make my own and taste yuck!!!! not smooth yet :( lol :giggle: :giggle: :giggle: :giggle:

Can you tell me how do that so I can do it next time when I want to make again.

I am lousy make mashed potatoes :lol: :giggle: :lol:

Chunky Potatoes

The reasons why potatoes become chunky because you didn't boils it longer enough, keeps checking the potatoes with a folk by poking it in the potatoes and see if it tenders enough, So that you know when it tender or hard or little hard, once you poke it thru the potatoes and it fall off easily, that when you knows it's tender done, Smile!

LOL I did that once when I live on my own at my age 19 yrs old so I threw garbage!!!! make me mad cause it is running! like liquid blah lol so I use potatoes bag to easy make mashed potatoes that I always do that and rare maybe 2 or 3 times arghh.

:lol:

Yah I know how to put potatoes to boil them first then mash them .. I did put butter and milk till done and eat oh yucks!!

Taste like

dry
bit thick
chuncky

that it I was hmmmm grrrrrrr I did tried in few times but not work!! for me !!! I wish like this shooting at mashed potatoes lol :lol:

mashed_potatoes2.jpg
:rl:​

lol :lol:

Ahhh screaming for Gravy on Mashed Potaotes

I love gravy on my mashed potatoes ..sometime without gravy, I used peas topping on my mashed potatoes ..it's really good...

Nobody in my family can make good mashed potatoes, they beg for my help, While I was blending the butter, half water and chicken broth in the mashed potatoes, I keeps checking to make sure it's smooth and adds some pepper and salt to tasted to make sure they tastes right, I always test it before serving to other people...

Everyone went nuts over my mashed potatoes, lol!

i do like peel with potatoes put cook they mashed everythings include butter&milk also but little salt not lots.

my mom bought old fashioned mashed potato bowls from food stores but i dont like that brands! but i would try for that tastes.

Some of your receipts are new to me..like MAYO or EGGS?? I would like try that...
I love mashed potatoes!!

Try this...
1)
Instant Mash Potatoes...follow instructions
add: phila cream cheese, sour cream (8oz), Hidden Village Ranch (bag)
Mix them in Slo-cooker that can put in Refrigator for overnight.
Put in Slo-Cooker before 2 hours to serve.
It taste so good..

2)
Sometime I use that Chicken Broth instead of water to boil the potatoes..
Dont use Large of Broth..Just same as level as potatoes, so after boil..the Broth will become less..then Without drain, just use mix them instead of milk..
just add butter..it taste good.

I havent try to use phila cream cheese and sour cream that day quick to eat...yet..I know for overnight..but I would try that ...

While no gravy..my sons love to cover with corn on mash potatoes!!

Deafmonkey..Before you make it...invite us!! for supper!! ummm:hmm:

My way cooking.

Red Potatoes or other and boil... till tender.
Smashing it with light sour cream and Can't believe its not butter mixing to chunks or smooth! :):):)

Back