How do you like to personalize your living space?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar to a small kitchen. The kitchen here and my room are about the same size. You know what? I have an idea.

Ah now we know what size your bedroom is by the size of the small kitchen. :hmm:

Do you have a tape measure or yard stick? You can use either to measure the length and width. Using a ruler could be done but much harder to keep track of.

Do you have a tape measure or yard stick? You can use either to measure the length and width. Using a ruler could be done but much harder to keep track of.
A dollar bill will work too, but that's really fun to do. :lol:

If you need a desk, you can make one, buying the components a piece at a time.

Buy two matching two-drawer file cabinets. Buy or scrounge an old door (maybe your house has one in the basement). Clean up the door and paint it, if necessary. Lay the door across the two file cabinets (one at each end), with a little bit of overhang on each end. Finished! A desk with storage drawers.

The owners of the company I worked for for many years did something similar for executive desks. One end was a two drawer legal size file cabinet. The other end matched but had several various size drawers. One of the carpenters (this was a construction company) made tops for the guys that used these that were the same type of construction as a formica (sp?) counter top but considerably larger than a counter top would be from front to wall.

Here is a picture of one of my walls. To the left of that white stand is about 6 inches of wall.

Attachments

• IMG_20140124_132015_0.jpg
    IMG_20140124_132015_0.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 29
Here is a picture of one of my walls. To the left of that white stand is about 6 inches of wall.
OK; so, how many six inches of wall do you have in length, and how many in width? :roll:

OK; so, how many six inches of wall do you have in length, and how many in width? :roll:

There are four. These walls are pretty high; I did a measurement using my height of 6 ft 1 in, and concluded that these walls are at least 14 inches in height, and at least 36 inches in width (I have foot long arms).

There are four. These walls are pretty high; I did a measurement using my height of 6 ft 1 in, and concluded that these walls are at least 14 inches in height, and at least 36 inches in width (I have foot long arms).

:shock: Your arms are only 12 inches long?

We were not asking for height but length and width. The measurements of the floor the long and short way. Although if the room is square that could both be the same.

He probly doesnt, but can line his shoes up toe to heel across the floor to give a general idea, or use his 2 thumbs end to end and over one another to get the inches and divide by 12 to get the footage? lol

We were not asking for height but length and width. The measurements of the floor the long and short way. Although if the room is square that could both be the same.

Oh. Long way? I don't understand.

And yes, it IS square, oddly enough.

We're not measuring in cubits anymore. :roll:

Mark, if you ever expect to excel in a technical profession you have to learn to be precise with measurements.

You must have a measuring tape or yardstick. Please measure your room properly.

Are you a Midget? and cardboard boxes dont count as a room.

Your room is at least 14 inches by 36 inches? So it could fit , like a rabbit?

My Barbie house was bigger than that. Do you mean feet? Although 36 feet fir one wall is pretty huge. Most spare bedrooms are like 12x12, 13x13, 14x14.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back