How do you handle a partner who is very critical of you?

sometimes we end up dating the wrong person but best thing is to do is keep looking for the right partner. It never easy to find that someone speical that be your true soul mate. Never give up hoping to find the right person. :cool:

Good advise. For some people, it is more important to be in a relationship than to be in a GOOD relationship. They have the attitude that that a bad relationship is better than no relationship.

Good advise. For some people, it is more important to be in a relationship than to be in a GOOD relationship. They have the attitude that that a bad relationship is better than no relationship.

Yep I also agree with you on that too. It always good to get out of a bad relationship then to stay in a bad relationship to get hurt more. But when you have a good relationship, the chances the couple will last long time as long they keep open commuications, trust, honestly, respects and support.

Yep I also agree with you on that too. It always good to get out of a bad relationship then to stay in a bad relationship to get hurt more. But when you have a good relationship, the chances the couple will last long time as long they keep open commuications, trust, honestly, respects and support.

**nodding agreement**

The solution is breakup/divorce. My ex-hubby was a backseat driver and an over-the-shoulder cook. He wasn't like that when we were dating. That is why he is an ex now.

The solution is breakup/divorce. My ex-hubby was a backseat driver and an over-the-shoulder cook. He wasn't like that when we were dating. That is why he is an ex now.

Some men never learn not to play games with women,, sigh, it sad u know.

That is so true for some people I know and to me that shows that they dont have any confidence in themselves.

Yeah, or they are just control freaks.

U mean the people who are being criticized by their partners are the control freaks? If so, can u explain that one cuz it is usually the person who does the criticizing that are the control freaks?

U mean the people who are being criticized by their partners are the control freaks? If so, can u explain that one cuz it is usually the person who does the criticizing that are the control freaks?

I meant the ones who do the criticizing, sorry.

I use sandwich psychology with ANDs and BUTs

Husband says, "My mom can cook better than you."

I say, "That's nice but I'm not your mom."

This is called sandwich psychology.

Husband says, "I can't stand that CC."

I say, "I know you can't stand CC and I'm sorry about that but it helps me to enjoy the show with you."

(He'll turn CC on for me at times when he knows that I 'm getting ready to sit down with him to watch TV. Other times, I have to ask him to turn it on for me if he has the remote with him. So, it varies from time to time just like everything else does.)

I don't let my husband's frustrations upset me because I know how he is a sensitive person. I'll try to understand what he is frustrated about but I also have to remember that his frustrations are coming from his own thinking. If he wants to try to point the finger at me about anything, I already know that that is one way that he deals with his frustrations but he also knows how he can't make me responsible for his frustrations.

He will at times have a look that doesn't look so nice before I tell him that I can't read his mind and to get that look off from his face when he is wanted something to eat, for example.

We have been together almost 20 years and believe me, it hasn't been easy street one bit. We have gotten along better than ever after I had stopped wearing my hearing aids because I have simply made it a point with my entire family that they have to come to me rather than me having to go to three different people every time someone thinks they want something from me. And, I also make a decision as to whether or not they are capable of doing for themselves first before they convince me to do all of the running around for them. I only have two feet just like they do so they can use their two feet and their two hands just as well as I can.

I didn't grow up learning sign language so everyone in my family knows how they have to practically put their face in front of mine or talk into my better ear if we want to communicate. I do have an alternative microphone that I use as a last option because it hurts when I use it. And, because I know I can't hear everything even though I know how body still receives, I plug my ears from everything because it has been effected by what I haven't heard all of my life while body was still receiving. For example, you can't hear air pollution while you can see some of this along with some that can't be seen. If I don't plug my ears, my body will receive all of it. I traced this all the way back to my birth when I was born with a body that can't hear while knowing how my ears should have been plugged for me then. That was over 40 years ago. Again, my family and I get along much better now as a result. Receiving and can't hear/hear are two separate issues.

I had to put up with someone like that. Now, she's under dominating control by her man. Eek!

ekkk.... people forget this quote

"You to accept for who I am not for what you can change me for your sake"

I also think people think to let it slide thinking they'll lose their partner if they don't agree to it, well heck rather you be happy with someone than be miserable the rest of your life... NO THANKS!!!!!

Amen, I would dump the guy that get contant criticial on me I would not want him in my life if he that way. I would rather have a good guy treat me right then critized me what I do.

Maybe once but to communicate to say what you like or don't like to hear if he accepts it then good if not, dump him back in the ocean... oppies me bad!!

"My girlfriend keeps trying to change everything about me, from how I dress, what I read, the grammar I use when I speak, even who my friends are. Nothing I do is ever perfect enough, and I live with constant criticism. I’m afraid I’ll never live up to her expectations. How can I get her to be less critical?"

Nah. If a guy asked me that question, I'd repeat the last line back to him and say, "You can't."

If you truly like women and their company, as I do, you just try to shrug and put up with the hormone and meds-induced rollercoaster times.

Men have their own testosterone eruptions, and a good woman will tell you it's the nature of the beast with up-sides and down-sides, and for the most part when women are in their sane mode, they deal with both sides fairly well.

So be a man. Deal with her "issues" or become a hermit.

Back