How do I get a job?

If you want to do something with your life, just keep trying to find and search and get experiences of facing heairng people everyday you will be ok. Im Deaf, working in the hearing world because i had to face with them everyday. They learn something from each of us who are Deaf. They will accept you if you don't show them your bold of saying, " i can do it." Anyone just mentioned go to career center it is a very helpful for you.

Parents too busy.
My parents are hearing I am deaf...
What if my parents don't understand me.
I am not good in English.
Hearing people didn't know why I'm deaf and why do I need a job for.

These are poor excuses IMO. Sounds like you want to sit there and have someone do the work for you and give you a job.

What if they don't understand me? And I am not good at English.

Did you try to find an agency that help deaf and hoh people. We have centers for Center for Independent Living or rehab centers that help people find a job. They may be able to get an interpreter for you to help you during an interview for job.

Sounds like a person an employer wouldn't hire.....at this point.

Did you recently graduate from high school? Were there career counselors there?

Since you're deaf, I'm surprised you haven't been already received some kind of contact with early intervention, social service agencies, vocational rehabilitation services, deaf advocacy organizations, job training programs, etc. Are you saying that your school simple graduated you and then turned you out into the streets without any kind of guidance or referrals?

Do you have an adult deaf mentor to whom you can go to for advice?

How do you normally communicate with your parents? Do you have a computer you can use for longer more complex communication? You seem to have clear enough English writing skills.

One warning: if anyone tries to tell you that you can't work because you're deaf, ignore them.

What if they don't understand me? And I am not good at English.

Assess to Work will fund support for you if you find a job BUT you need to put in the work and not expect anyone else to do it.

What are you qualified in? Did you go to college?

Sounds like a person an employer wouldn't hire.....at this point.
I think she needs some training for job skills, including how to apply and interview for a job, and basic good work practices (attitude, punctuality, ethics, etc.).

I think she needs some training for job skills, including how to apply and interview for a job, and basic good work practices (attitude, punctuality, ethics, etc.).

Which the Job Centre in the UK will help out with, but she needs to make the first effort by finding the nearest one to her and making an appointment.

Parents too busy.
My parents are hearing I am deaf...
What if my parents don't understand me.
I am not good in English.
Hearing people didn't know why I'm deaf and why do I need a job for.

These are poor excuses IMO. Sounds like you want to sit there and have someone do the work for you and give you a job.

Well said!! :ty:

Remploy | Home

If you have a disability or health condition and want to start or return to work then Remploy is here to help you. Our range of employment services are designed to support you to get the job that's right for you.

Whoa! That's a lot saying thing to do. Well, I was searching for a job in Wakefield, but there is no jobs in Wakefield at all. I think I can independence travel to Town, to Bus Station, to Leeds, to different city in UK, that I can do it.

However, I am still searching for a job in Wakefield, though.

What about going to college and getting the skills you need for a job?

Back