First, seek out challenging assignments or extra work. It
will get you noticed.

Second, volunteer for special projects or cross-functional
teams. It will broaden your exposure. Consider taking part
in EEO activities, planning committees for holiday parties,
or quality improvement teams.

Third, let your manager know that you are interested in
advancement. Work with your manager on an individual
development plan that will prepare you for a specific goal.

Fourth, maintain a positive "can-do" attitude.

I would not kiss my boss's butt as favoritism

I never kiss my boss's ass just to seek attention or favoritism.

But I am true a very hard worker and I do anything my boss tells me to do. I cannot just stand around and doing nothing, That isn't me. If I find something that needs to be clean, and am not busy I would pick up a wash cloth and clean, clean, clean.

But, there are times that my Boss favoritism me because of my hard work. It makes their job alot easlier, than having to tell me what to do, When I know what to do. If you get my drift? ;)

<---has a positive "can-do" attitude....but for eating bugs or other grossy things, I dunno if I can do it.... :ugh2:

Cheri said:
But, there are times that my Boss favoritism me because of my hard work. It makes their job alot easlier, than having to tell me what to do, When I know what to do. If you get my drift? ;)
That is not "favoritism". Favoritism means getting special attention and benefits just because the boss likes you and wants to get something personal from you. You are a hard worker so you have earned special consideration. That is the difference. Earning extra attention and promotions for good hard work is right and acceptable. Getting extra attention and benefits for flirting or "kissing up" is wrong and not acceptable.

In your situation, I would say the boss rewards or recognizes (honors) you for hard work. "Favoritism" is a negative meaning, and I don't think that fits you.

Reba said:
That is not "favoritism". Favoritism means getting special attention and benefits just because the boss likes you and wants to get something personal from you. You are a hard worker so you have earned special consideration. That is the difference. Earning extra attention and promotions for good hard work is right and acceptable. Getting extra attention and benefits for flirting or "kissing up" is wrong and not acceptable.

In your situation, I would say the boss rewards or recognizes (honors) you for hard work. "Favoritism" is a negative meaning, and I don't think that fits you.

Oh :eek: That I did not know. I thought it was more like getting raises from your working, and treat you good.

Back