How are you feeling today?....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. I told my daughter earlier this week to enjoy her last week (or days) of freedom. Her 1st child is due next week.

Oh, wow! How exciting! Is this your first grandchild, too? Congratulations! :)

Feeling just great!....Had 16 of the staples removed (1/2 of them) from the ear...and also the stitches/gauze/crust...had the ear vacuumed..."itching" has subsided immensely! and it's feeling good...no infection so far.....(fingers crossed)....went to McD's to celebrate....:giggle:

Pretty happy. Today is Iowa's first day of tax free weekend for clothing.

We went to the mall and I got new winter Crocs and some socks. My husband also got some shoes and socks, so we are set for fall. :)

Oh, wow! How exciting! Is this your first grandchild, too? Congratulations! :)

Yes, my first grandchild (it's a boy). She lives in UT and I live in DE, so I will be making "last minute" travel arrangements when she gives me the date she wants me to arrive.

Yes, my first grandchild (it's a boy). She lives in UT and I live in DE, so I will be making "last minute" travel arrangements when she gives me the date she wants me to arrive.

Never forget my "1st grandchild" and it was a boy also....at age 44...I felt just like a "Mom" again!...You're gonna love it, LoveBlue!...Guessing you've got ur rocking chair awaiting?....and Congrats!

Never forget my "1st grandchild" and it was a boy also....at age 44...I felt just like a "Mom" again!...You're gonna love it, LoveBlue!...Guessing you've got ur rocking chair awaiting?....and Congrats!

Thanks!

No rocking chair, but my antique crib is set up in the spare room for when they come to visit (though I won't buy the matteress till it's needed). Only reason I have it set up is that I pulled it out of the basement a while ago to see if it needed a fresh paint job. I decided it did not (it was white when we used it, it is now antique white :lol:). Since the kids don't have room for a full size crib yet (they need to clean out thier spare room :shock:), they're not ready for me to send the crib to them (and it ain't going to be cheap since it's a rod-iron crib). Not sure how hold the crib is, but do know it dates back to the early 1900's (my grandmom had it for my mom & her brothers). Yes, I know it doesn't meet today's standards, but at least 11 babies have used it without problems. We took precautions when we used it for our two daughters.

People have asked how I feel about my grandson being so far away and I say "No need to worry about being asked to baby sit." :giggle: With today's technology, I'll see more of him than my parents saw of their grandchildren who also did not live nearby.

Thanks!

No rocking chair, but my antique crib is set up in the spare room for when they come to visit (though I won't buy the matteress till it's needed). Only reason I have it set up is that I pulled it out of the basement a while ago to see if it needed a fresh paint job. I decided it did not (it was white when we used it, it is now antique white :lol:). Since the kids don't have room for a full size crib yet (they need to clean out thier spare room :shock:), they're not ready for me to send the crib to them (and it ain't going to be cheap since it's a rod-iron crib). Not sure how hold the crib is, but do know it dates back to the early 1900's (my grandmom had it for my mom & her brothers). Yes, I know it doesn't meet today's standards, but at least 11 babies have used it without problems. We took precautions when we used it for our two daughters.

People have asked how I feel about my grandson being so far away and I say "No need to worry about being asked to baby sit." :giggle: With today's technology, I'll see more of him than my parents saw of their grandchildren who also did not live nearby.

Aren't you the one that likes train travel so well? If you go out there on the train, could you simply take it (knocked down) with you and have them get a mattress there? That is assuming that you would be getting a roomette rather than going coach.

Aren't you the one that likes train travel so well? If you go out there on the train, could you simply take it (knocked down) with you and have them get a mattress there? That is assuming that you would be getting a roomette rather than going coach.

Already thought about that (as checked luggage), but the box would be too big (per Amtrak's "luggage" size restrictions).

As to putting it in a roomette (which I cannot afford with last minute pricing), I'd have to be able to carry it onto the train myself in addition to my other bags. Plus I would be taking a regional train to get to the long-distance train, so I wouldn't be able to check my luggage till I got to DC.

:ty: Thanks for the suggestion anyway.

Im not a grandma yet. My niece had a baby girl 2 months ago and asked me to be her godmother. I cried like a baby. I had no clue they would ask me. I am so in love with that little girl. I never go more then a week in between visits, luckily they live close. She warms my heart and inspires me to keep fighting. She is definitely the best thing to happen in our family in a long time. I am working hard with my CI so I can hear at her baptism.

Good Luck LoveBlue:aw:

Hopeful the internet "constipation" problem is now fixed due to the new CapTel internet phone (will post in that forum, more details :lol:). A bit frustrated dealing with bureaucracy getting signed up for Medicare B + supplemental health insurance to cover Rx's, etc., before Cobra runs out end of August (we can't afford to pay Cobra ourselves, @ $1,000/month for two of us :shock:, so trying to get set up with other coverage. DH's old employer who laid him off last month must first sign off we won't be covered after this month (they paid Cobra under separation agreement). But DH is forced to wait two months for Medicare, so he will be uncovered for health insurance for Sept.; at least *he* is not on any Rx's and hopefully will not have any health issues! :ugh:

Hopeful the internet "constipation" problem is now fixed due to the new CapTel internet phone (will post in that forum, more details :lol:). A bit frustrated dealing with bureaucracy getting signed up for Medicare B + supplemental health insurance to cover Rx's, etc., before Cobra runs out end of August (we can't afford to pay Cobra ourselves, @ $1,000/month for two of us :shock:, so trying to get set up with other coverage. DH's old employer who laid him off last month must first sign off we won't be covered after this month (they paid Cobra under separation agreement). But DH is forced to wait two months for Medicare, so he will be uncovered for health insurance for Sept.; at least *he* is not on any Rx's and hopefully will not have any health issues! :ugh:
I will keep my fingers crossed that he stays healthy! " :fingersx:

Wirelessly posted

Thanks! Me too! He is looking for work but @ 65, it's not easy. And jobs are in short supply around here.

Last edited:
Im feelin a good rite now..Im kickin back drinkin red stripe. :rockon:

Feeling mellow this morning. Had a good night of sleeping. Looking forward to walking Mika Dog. :)

Chipper...and wanting to do some redecorating.....it's a welcome relief after one month of feeling sort of lousy....

Pleased that it rained this morning, and temporarily at least, the weather is cooler.

Ever feel like, awww man do I really have to go work today? If so, then you know how I feel. Working on a the weekend is the worse, I rather be at the pool or playing video games all day. Working weekends suck. -.-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back