How are you feeling today?....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like taking a nap after being at an outlet mall for maybe 2 hours in a 102 degree weather!

Won't be able to spoil him (too much). Can't afford it and we don't live close to each other. I'll leave that to the other grandmom, who lives in DE too and probably can't afford to spoil him either.

Speaking of jealous of grand kids. My mom would read the obits and make comments "this lady died and left xx grandkids". My mom had 2 grandkids already (my brother's), but he was the only one of 6 kids married. I would say "You want me to give you a grand child?". My not being married at the time, she'd say, of course, "NO!". Eventually I gave her 2 more grand kids and she lived long enough to see one great-grand child.

Congrats LoveBlue, he is so, so cute. You don't need money to spoil him:giggle: My mom is turning 80 this Friday. She has 16 grandkids and 3 great grandkids. It will be awhile before I am a grandma:-(I do have a new god daughter and yes I am spoiling her. Amazing how much joy a new baby can bring. Have fun!!!!

Thanks! Even if he does take after the "other" side of the family :lol:

I saw a show on Discovery or TLC that babies usually look like their dad when their first born, if they don't, dad is probably not the dad :giggle: Give him a month, his face will probably change a bit. I don't know if you've ever noticed, but usually when a couple has multiple children they all usually look basically the same when they're born, for that reason. My kids did, but my son ended up taking after my side, he's a total Roth, and my daughter took after my husband's side, total Rhyner. So just give him a minute :D

Congrats!!

I saw a show on Discovery or TLC that babies usually look like their dad when their first born, if they don't, dad is probably not the dad :giggle: Give him a month, his face will probably change a bit. I don't know if you've ever noticed, but usually when a couple has multiple children they all usually look basically the same when they're born, for that reason. My kids did, but my son ended up taking after my side, he's a total Roth, and my daughter took after my husband's side, total Rhyner. So just give him a minute :D

Congrats!!

I don't have kids but what I grew up with was it depended on which side of the family friends knew the best/longest which side they thought I looked the most like.

When our girls were born, I said they looked like themselves. And they still do. Our oldest has my face,mostly, & her dad's body. Our youngest has her dad's face, mostly, and my body.

Feeling good..."minus" the "take care of business" conversation with my 18 yr. old....."I'm a grown-ass man!".....

OH what?!?! LOL too funny

Dunno if ya have any teenagers, 15-18...that swear they are "grown-ass men"?....They "know it all" and you "know squat"....ah well...just a part of growing up...(but does get aggravating after awhile, ya know?)

Between HOT FLASHES and tinnituts I fear I may never sleep again!!

RR been there!! they are in for a rude awakening in the very near future!!!

Nothing greater as a parent when your grown up child says "now I get it, can you help me" hahahahaha

So wiped out emotionally and energy wise. Been going on low sleep and working out/playing at Y and now worked early today and again tomorrow. Skipping Y tonight. Maybe I'll actually sleep. At least until I get up for work at 4.

Another Cochlear Implant exercise-Samba for the" lead footed"-tomorrow. A meetup dance.

Excited. I leave tomorrow to see my grandson.
Not only seeing him is exciting, but the trip (cars, trains, buses, planes) I planned is a new "adventure" for me.
Cars (not new): To/from train station(here)/airports(out there)
Buses (new): Shuttles to/from airport to/from train stations
Trains (new-though I've taken these routes, just not to all these stations): To airport in DC/From airport in Baltimore
Planes (trip out is new - new airports/carrier): To Denver then a smaller plane to Provo's small airport/From SLC

Dunno if ya have any teenagers, 15-18...that swear they are "grown-ass men"?....They "know it all" and you "know squat"....ah well...just a part of growing up...(but does get aggravating after awhile, ya know?)

well I can say I am uncle to 3 nephews and 4 nieces... one of my nephews (eldest) is a bit if a prick sometimes with his grunt type attitude and sometimes what he says can get really ridiculious in a fast way but a bit of a smartaleck lol..

btw all my nephews and nieces are now adults.. i was almost 10 years old when my first nephew was born.. oh well..

Been kind of up and down for me. Finally got my phone and internet back today and the house is coming along. Not really happy with MIL (what else is new) and it's just too hot and I couldn't go walking today.

Im worn out right now. :lol: ...cut some wood and split a big log that was already cut dis evenly..wasnt mine. it's my neighbor's. :lol: very secluded out here..yesterday,split two monstrous cherry logs.. Im beat! ...gonna sit back and rest fo' the rest of da nite..

Dreading tomorrow and dealing with more bureaucracy. Hoping the insurance will get set up so I don't end up not getting Rx renewals and worry about stroke/heart attack if I don't. :shock: Seeing the kidney surgeon for a checkup after losing one kidney to surgery in Feb. Life is suddenly just too gloomy. Ate lots of chocolate earlier. That helped. :naughty: Also the Scotch I just had...:cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back