How are you feeling today?....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry RR, rain is a precious gift in these parts of California. We started very late with our rainy season. I juat want a little bit more. Then it turns to 90 degrees tomorrow. I know you have been getting lots of rain, but we have not. I absolutely love thunder, lightning, wind and hail. We don't get that very often.

Right. I'm in California, also. This last bit of storm was wonderful, but they are still talking "drought" and our water company, about possible rationing. :/ We still conserve, any way. Careful with short showers, doing full wash loads not multiple smaller ones, watching how we water outside, how we do dishes, etc. We never totally stopped the drought practices. :P But, we don't get snow here nor would I want it, LOL! :lol:

Feeling OK today. Slept in some. :) If it's not too hot yet, will walk with my dog. If it's too hot, I'll find something else to do inside w/ the A/C. ;)

Happy! April's weather is back..Dont like 70s weather in April.. We already had a very warm March..plenty of 70s next month

The rain is fine....but the SNOW is not, but know you were joking about the snow!....We're very dry here also and Jax does get a lot of rain every year...if it snowed (and the last snow we received was in 1989)....it would be shocking.....

I was serious about the snow. I live about 2 hours from the highest peaks of the Sierras. During really cold storms the snow is only 45 minutes away. Most of our lakes are filled by the melting snow. Then the lakes are drained for agricultural use during our dry months. So here in Cali we will take our water any way it comes. Today it is close to 90 degrees, but chance of rain and in the 60's on Friday. :rockon:

Feeling like a stranger in strange land, caught between two worlds, neither of which seem to be mine to embrace.

A purgatory if you will..................

you are not alone. it takes a while to adjust. :cool2:

Feeling excitement because new friends, met in our ASL classes last fall, are coming over to play ASL Scrabble with us. :) Also, nervousness because it's their first time coming over and we don't entertain often. Too hard to keep the house up with my arthritis and our dog has issues with strangers (a rescue from the SPCA). She is great with us, we're her "pack leaders," but strangers scare her and so we don't allow her free rein; she requires strong supervision. So I worry about that, first impressions, etc. :eek3:

Feeling excitement because new friends, met in our ASL classes last fall, are coming over to play ASL Scrabble with us. :) Also, nervousness because it's their first time coming over and we don't entertain often. Too hard to keep the house up with my arthritis and our dog has issues with strangers (a rescue from the SPCA). She is great with us, we're her "pack leaders," but strangers scare her and so we don't allow her free rein; she requires strong supervision. So I worry about that, first impressions, etc. :eek3:

I'm a scrabble player...but what is ASL Scrabble?....Would not worry so much about ur house, GreyEagle....just have a good time....and my doggie is the same way, she "nips" at stranger's legs...so I always pick her up and put her in the bedroom if I feel she's gonna misbehave.

I'm a scrabble player...but what is ASL Scrabble?....Would not worry so much about ur house, GreyEagle....just have a good time....and my doggie is the same way, she "nips" at stranger's legs...so I always pick her up and put her in the bedroom if I feel she's gonna misbehave.

Thanks! :) ASL Scrabble is just regular scrabble with the "rules" that we have to finger spell the letters of the word we want to play first, and everyone has to understand the finger spelling. Then we sign the word and then play the tiles. Nothing fancy. Just adapted. :P

My dog is part Aussie Shepherd, a dedicated "herder" who nips the same way. But she has a fear trigger that no amount of training (including private) has been able to relieve her, when people try to reach toward her and pet her. She looks so cuddly and people *want* to pet her. She is more distrustful of men, but doesn't like high energy people or people with certain kinds of "vibes." So we keep her elsewhere when we have people over, too. She is a rescue and we suspect there might have been some abuse in the past, especially by a male, given her reactions and distrust of people. :(

And I will do some t'ai chi to calm myself down of the worries. If they judge our house and us, then they aren't friend material, IMO. I really don't think they are the "white glove inspector" type, though. They are just nice people. :)

Tired. Walked around DC with my heavy backpack then hung out in the train station for several hours (didn't want to pay the extra cost to get an earlier train). Now on the train heading home.

Better now than this morning. We are expecting a major cool down for the night, but somehow I don't believe it.

This morning I couldn't walk, and had major pain. Doc called in a prescription and the pain is mostly gone, but at least I can move a little.

I am content and happy :)

I feel creaky, achy from arthritis & waiting for ibuprofen to kick in, and like I have a hangover...and I didn't drink any alcohol yesterday! :laugh2: Just had a great time with the new friends who came over, having KFC and then playing our Scrabble game for over two hours, practicing our finger-spelling for each word (next time we'll have to sign the word, too, to help us learn and remember), sharing stories and laughing hard. Great evening! Gonna take it slow today from having too much of a good time! :D

sure you are
drama-1.gif

I so don't wanna go anywhere. Just wanna stay home. Bummer!!!!

Stayed home from school today, I was barfing all night long on friday, missed my last drumline competition on saturday :( But i'm feeling better today,so i'll be going to school tomorrow. But now i have some bad allergies.. :roll: i'm falling apart haha

I am feeling sweaty. I just got home from another bike ride in the hot sun. 88 degrees outside today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back