How are people dealing with the Heat WAVE!??

I found that if I keep a big mug of cold water and sit in my carport it's not too bad. It would be better with a breeze of some sort. I force myself out there at least twice a day for 2 reasons. One, I get all kinds of the natural Vitamin D (sunshine vitamin) and two, it makes me appreciate the little bit of A/C that is blowing in this house. Sometimes I wish MIL had a ceiling fan in the carport, but then again, "if wishes were horses, then beggars would ride."

you only need to be out side for 15 minutes per day to get enough natural Vitamin D . I know some people have to really careful if they're taking pills as some made is dangerous to be out in the sun too long. I had friend that was in to heat too long and he almost pasted out, he was told by his Dr. to stay out of the sun!!

Heat index 119. Rode bike for one hour again. I feel great. My house still doesn't use a/c. Friend came over and said OMG it feels so good! I told him I don't have any a/c on and he was surprised. :D

Insulated homes are great.

You either have tall trees that shades your house or have reflective metal installed on all windows make it VERY dark and depressing.

last year bit on increasee right now on worst to terrible on saskatoon

Last edited:
You either have tall trees that shades your house or have reflective metal installed on all windows make it VERY dark and depressing.
Heat index 119 and I live in the city. My windows are the kind with argon gas inside to keep heat and cold out. Window frames are very sealed, not even one oxygen molecule can go through it. My doors are very, very sealed too. I don't live in a house built in 1900s. My basement, roof, and every single walls are insulated and wasn't a hack job like 80% of buildings out there. I would know, I worked for an insulation company for 10 years and did the insulation to this house myself.:wave:

Living large! :cool2:

Heat index 119 and I live in the city. My windows are the kind with argon gas inside to keep heat and cold out. Window frames are very sealed, not even one oxygen molecule can go through it. My windows are very, very sealed too. I don't live in a house built in 1900s. My basement, roof, and every single walls are insulated and wasn't a hack job like 80% of buildings out there. I would know, I worked for an insulation company for 10 years and did the insulation to this house myself.:wave:

:lol: Good fo' ya. :)

My uncle moved to Phoenix 25 yrs ago and was a mailman. He was so used to this kind of weather. It was nothing to him. He is now retired.

My room is freezing. Im wearing socks and slippers. :giggle: 3 registers in one room is a blessing. (One in walking closet) My house was built in 2001)

EDIT: Today is coolest day for the rest of the week. UH OH!!!

Heat index 119 and I live in the city. My windows are the kind with argon gas inside to keep heat and cold out. Window frames are very sealed, not even one oxygen molecule can go through it. My doors are very, very sealed too. I don't live in a house built in 1900s. My basement, roof, and every single walls are insulated and wasn't a hack job like 80% of buildings out there. I would know, I worked for an insulation company for 10 years and did the insulation to this house myself.:wave:

I see. Oxygen molecule? You silly.

It is horrible here. I'm in Georgia, north of atlanta and it's just almost too much to handle. My AC has been running non stop for two months and right now it's around 80 degrees in my house although the AC is running full blast. It just cannot keep up.

I've a brother who lives in alaska...
seriously considering moving there! I'd prefer the cold and 6 months of darkness over this crap.
I dislike the sun anyways :)

Ottawa is under heat advisory and it will continue for several days. Tomorrow is going to the worst one with 46C/115F in heat index. :eek3:

I feel blessed to have a 8,000 BTU air conditioner that keeps my apartment freezing cold! :cold:

I am starting to wonder where our resident climatologist is?

"Global warming is a farce..."

Right now, it 94 with a heat index of 112. Three of the feral cats have died in spite of the shelter and water that was provided. A neighbor's dog was running loose again, and is now at the vet's recovering from heat stroke. Hubby has managed to catch a cold. At work, they have him doing 2 jobs. He is outside doing some maintenance in the heat, then they will send him in to the freezer for other maintenance. He's come home early 2 days due to the cold. No fever, just massive head congestion. The cats are now sleeping in the shower stall and climb in after someone has taken a shower. I have taken to just running it with cold water to let them cool off.

Right now, it 94 with a heat index of 112. Three of the feral cats have died in spite of the shelter and water that was provided. A neighbor's dog was running loose again, and is now at the vet's recovering from heat stroke. Hubby has managed to catch a cold. At work, they have him doing 2 jobs. He is outside doing some maintenance in the heat, then they will send him in to the freezer for other maintenance. He's come home early 2 days due to the cold. No fever, just massive head congestion. The cats are now sleeping in the shower stall and climb in after someone has taken a shower. I have taken to just running it with cold water to let them cool off.

I feel for your husband, because the same thing happened to me. This morning I was in a cold room doing inventory and just before lunch did some duct work in an attic, where it was hot as Hades. Right now I am gripping the arms of my chair to keep from falling over. Guess I will take the rest of the day off.

We got rain!!!! Brings the temperature down for a while. When the sun comes back out, it's going to be a bitching sauna, though.

Wirelessly posted (sent from a smartphone. )

Its currently 98 with 107 heat index and its slightly cooler than yesterday. Its windy today which is helping a little bit. On the other note, its finally heating up in California!

Unfortunately, people will die from this heat wave so they arent living large like you.

for Californians... anything below 75 deg is cold to them :lol:
for me - anything below 55 deg is cold to me.

I want my 70's! Fall, where are you? :mad2:

I agree! Fall is my favorite time of year! They say it is going to be heat index of 110 here again tomorrow. There is a paper mill a few miles from me, and it has been stinking to high heaven with this heat!

Back