How are people dealing with the Heat WAVE!??

Wow really? How cold??

We had a sheet of grey clouds all of last week, drizzles, and cool weather. It wasn't freezing or anything but I think we can all agree this summer is very unusual! I think this week it's supposed to clear up. *crosses fingers and toes*

We had a sheet of grey clouds all of last week, drizzles, and cool weather. It wasn't freezing or anything but I think we can all agree this summer is very unusual! I think this week it's supposed to clear up. *crosses fingers and toes*

I do remember the nights where cooler in the summer in Cal. I would love some cool weather right now! Let it snow! It is going to be in the 90's most the week here! I hope the weather guy is wrong!

I hope the heatwave lets up. I don't like hearing about people being miserable from the heat. I understand heat. I live in Texas which is normally a never ending heatwave after another but, it seems all the heat is concentrated on the mid upper states.

You have no idea what's like in west TX. It's DRY and insane HEAT. I live.

for Californians... anything below 75 deg is cold to them :lol:
for me - anything below 55 deg is cold to me.

I want my 70's! Fall, where are you? :mad2:

I'm a native Californian and I grew up mostly at the coastal areas. It rarely gets above 90 degrees in the summer months. Pretty much to me anything below 20 degrees is cold to me. It rarely goes below 25 in the winter months.

it went up from 73 o 75 in my hometown. lets see where I work it is from 73 to 80. ouchie!

My hometowrn now is 81. my work its 80.. guess my hometown's temp got slow response.

Last edited:
Business as usual down here. We're used to and equipped to handle the heat, though. Please take care up there. Don't go out between 3-5 p.m. Worst part of the day.

Business as usual down here. We're used to and equipped to handle the heat, though. Please take care up there. Don't go out between 3-5 p.m. Worst part of the day.

Heat in Idaho isn't the same as in the Midwest. Humidity and the heat makes things much worse.

You want humid, come visit me in the swamps! lol My crazy ancestors came down here and stayed. Before that, the Karankawans lived here. They must have been hardy folk. They're extinct now. Infectious diseases from mosquitos took their toll.

Seriously, I see crazy people running or walking their dogs in the afternoon heat. A really bad idea!

We are having a super bad drought were I live. I can't even go play in the sprinklers and it's 88 in the house. That is with the AC/Fans running full blast.

You want humid, come visit me in the swamps! lol My crazy ancestors came down here and stayed. Before that, the Karankawans lived here. They must have been hardy folk. They're extinct now. Infectious diseases from mosquitos took their toll.

Seriously, I see crazy people running or walking their dogs in the afternoon heat. A really bad idea!

Nah, I'll pass. :lol:

Ok, how many of you guys were complaining about the cold & snow just a few months ago? :lol:

Well, at least talking about the weather is better than talking about <fill in the blank>. :D

Good call. lol The local government stopped spraying for mosquitoes because of budget cuts. It's brutal out there.

Al Gore says, "What heat wave?"

2rgdwdi.jpg

Yes that is so crazy. I tried running in the heat. I could not take it thinking how nuts they run in that damn temperature. Poor dogs.

Our A/C was fixed ...pretty cool now...closed all the windows and the door leading out to the patio. I was really enjoying the breeze for awhile...Seems we're in for some rough weather this week...due to a hurricane in the Bahamas..."Bret"...so my guess the heat will cool off more...with some rain again....It will be my 1st time living by the river during a Hurricane....hmmmm...just hoping it don't overflow the enbankments...or worse yet, an alligator washing up in my back yard!.....Fish, Shrimp & Crabs are fine, tho'....but no alligators....

Get this, I have 3 registers in my bedroom and it is so cool in here. I am really enjoying the coolness. :) I am using my lap-top.

It is 95 and 109 heat index.

I was so used to this kind of weather b/c I had landscaping job for 3 yrs straight. It was nothing. I was 175lbs and now up to 215lbs. :lol:

Back