How are people dealing with the Heat WAVE!??

Speaking of the horrid HEAT...our A/C went out last night around 8PM....and I'm still awaiting on the A/C technician to get here....so I'm guessing I'm one of thousands that are having A/C problems.....

But, we are lucky....the breeze off the river is helping tremendously...we opened our windows and got the breeze all night, plus have several fans running....it's still breezy today and so far it's bearable....hoping the A/C technician will be here shortly....

You live near a river? I'm jealous. I want to settle down near a river. Lucky :)

I agree with the idea to check on the elderly neighbors, that reminds me of what happened with that terrible Chicago heat wave some years ago-

I am actually coping ok with the heat, despite the headrushes, because I've acclimatized to it by now and I don't like airconditioning, never have. But I do see how important it is for many who are being badly affected by the heat. And you have a point about senior citizens - every summer we would read about seniors who died from heat stroke, it's really terrible. It's a good idea to check up on them.

Do you remember one summer about 30 seniors dies from the heat because no ones checked up on them!! You're lucky to be able deal with the heat. I do not like the real cold air from A/C but I need to use them.
The Council on Aging in my cities will buy A/C for seniors that can't afford to buy one. I checked up my elderly neighbor once and we both hated one another, but I still wanted to made she was OK. She did not thank me! You can't win them all!

Freezing here in the office. Will be out in the heat every night this week, though. :(

Speaking of the horrid HEAT...our A/C went out last night around 8PM....and I'm still awaiting on the A/C technician to get here....so I'm guessing I'm one of thousands that are having A/C problems.....

But, we are lucky....the breeze off the river is helping tremendously...we opened our windows and got the breeze all night, plus have several fans running....it's still breezy today and so far it's bearable....hoping the A/C technician will be here shortly....

I have an A/C that builds into the wall but the hornets made a nest in it again! So I have to put an A/C in a kitchen's window! I was going install a new A/C in the wall but thought what if the hornets came back, and I was right! I hate to spay bug spay in the A/C when my little Marty has S O B from his bronchitic.

Back