How a CI works -slide show

R2D2

Reaction score
I was looking for some crash course links for my husband on how CIs actually work (yeah I know - he's slack!) and found this. Check it out - it's really cool and in animated slides.

Click here

Click on the "forward" button to get it started.

It shows how the undamaged ear works, what happens when there is a hearing loss, how a CI is implanted and how the CI works. Very informative.

Wow kewl.. I really like it!!!!

R2D2 said:
I was looking for some crash course links for my husband on how CIs actually work (yeah I know - he's slack!) and found this. Check it out - it's really cool and in animated slides.

Click here

It shows how the undamaged ear works, what happens when there is a hearing loss, how a CI is implanted and how the CI works. Very informative.

That is absolutely fantastic!!! I've bookmarked it to have on hand for the next time somebody says that CI's are nothing but a fancy hearing aid!!!

THANKS! I'll look in it later...at this moment I am suppose to take shower hee hee!

R2D2 said:

Click here

wow, thank you R2D2! i'll let fragmenter know to check this out! thank you very much! :h5:

awesome.. but keep in mind.. all incision is different in each clinic.. i didn't have the same incision as the picture shows.

DeafSCUBA98 said:
awesome.. but keep in mind.. all incision is different in each clinic.. i didn't have the same incision as the picture shows.

That's right. That's why they do the cat scans to learn about your skull's anatomy and everything.

Finally had the time to see this thing...

Kudos to you R2D2...excellent presentation.

Two video/animations I have found while doing research are
about how the cochlea works (2 Mbyte, without CC.) and
how CI works (4 Mbyte, without CC.)..

(For both; allow time to to download before it starts..)

For the critics.... Sound is represented by "notes"... We are all aware that CI is designed for SPEECH, not for music.

I found these
here at a webside with more info...

Click on the icon for the animations - and be amazed...

Man... so much information.
I have visited some of these. They are increadible.

Should organize a topic with articles. No discussion, just articles... That would be cool!

Boult said:
Here's more information about Cochlea itself.

First, see this post of mine on how cochlea is developed;
http://www.alldeaf.com/showpost.php?p=46056&postcount=13

then I highly recommend to browse thru this same site from beginning;
Promenade 'round the Cochlea
http://www.iurc.montp.inserm.fr/cric/audition/english/index.htm

and

Physical Deafness
http://community-2.webtv.net/prc/PhysicalDeafness/index.html

Thank you for this fine information. I am sure my father will appreciate this as it will give him hope for hearing.

cochlear imlpant is cool the picture and as development to learn how fix. Who is doctor professional analyze to my cochlear imlpant. I think so Saskatoon is doesn't help fix inspection check my cochlear implant to of cochlear. I interest to ER is professional know ENT is Legal Canada all of province never regarding but I want to listen to learn how appropriate to better development.

legal is important to surgery can do remove implant cochlear

:fart: I think so possible remove implant cochlear.

> is that concern it about to cochlear implant is fuzzy in brain. I feel inside really scared but I am upset to Canada Primer Stephen Harper. I goal want to possible better see if can do remove implant.

Saskatchewan is not good is technology won't accept but I am mad to doctor is stubborn. I know honest true announce for Canada. I won't like that is about to cochlear implant.

That is about to concern it hurt to fuzzy or dizzy. I am told EMR is don't understand what is how learn first to remove implant. I want to IV is immunization sick really serious. That is not easy perfect to sciencist to for implant. I want to complaint to human right of Canadian.

I want to complaint to doctor for don't understand what is about to how learn don't or do really serious. I want to cochlear implant for cochlear implant but I want to remove implant.

I tired to fight search find out match doctors is ent for professional surgery in not have doctor or enough time development to new for technology in without to Saskatchewan. by the Saskatoon is that problem in trouble headache or sick about to development to fund for cochlear implant. Please Welcome in Saskatoon is help doctor is professional give teach you proper is listen to people doctor want to accept and listen to important to check better safe. do you want to come in entre Royal University Hospital Saskatoon. University of Saskatchewan

Travis Smith
Thanks
:eek3:

Back