House committee charges Rangel with multiple ethical violations

Status
Not open for further replies.

kokonut

Reaction score
Finally. Let this be a lesson to anybody else who try and do the same thing Rangel did.

Embattled Rep. Charles Rangel, the former chairman of the powerful House Ways and Means Committee, committed an undisclosed ethics violation, a House investigatory subcommittee determined Thursday…

The formation of subcommittee, which will consist of four Democrats and four Republicans, is rare. The last time one was convened was in 2002 to handle the case of former Rep. James Traficant, D-Ohio, who was under investigation in connection with bribery, racketeering and tax evasion convictions…

Rangel, D-N.Y., has been under a lengthy probe by the House Committee on Standards of Official Conduct for a series of ethics allegations that includes failing to report hundreds of thousands of dollars in income and assets, improper use of several rent-controlled apartments in his Harlem district, fundraising efforts for a college center that bears his name, and failing to pay taxes on property he owns in the Dominican Republic.
Rangel summoned by special ethics panel for violations | McClatchy

Oh, interesting response from Rangel about this news and note the disingenuous and dishonest response from him (note the bolded letters).

Rangel told reporters Thursday that he welcomed the opportunity for the charges to be aired in a public forum.

“It may seem a little corny,” he said, “but at long last sunshine has pierced through this cloud that has been over my head for over two years.”…

Sources said the committee and Rangel’s attorney attempted unsuccessfully to negotiate a settlement to end the case.
Rangel charged with multiple ethics violations - Politics - Capitol Hill - msnbc.com

Thank you for keeping us abreast of the multitude of criminal acts performed by Liberals. We need more dirt. Good job.

Thank you for keeping us abreast of the multitude of criminal acts performed by Liberals. We need more dirt. Good job.

Oh, yes! I always want to be on top of those "unidentified violations".:giggle:

Oh, yes! I always want to be on top of those "unidentified violations".:giggle:

I recall my thread on the criminal sexual violations from the Republican side. I like balance. Maybe I should be a tightrope walker.

I recall my thread on the criminal sexual violations from the Republican side. I like balance. Maybe I should be a tightrope walker.

You certainly seem to be gifted with that skill!:lol:

we need to expose corruption on both sides. it took this long for anybody to look into Rangel's affairs on corruption. Glad you liked my thread about Rangel's own ugly corruption.

we need to expose corruption on both sides. it took this long for anybody to look into Rangel's affairs on corruption. Glad you liked my thread about Rangel's own ugly corruption.

Corruption? Better wait to see what those "unidentified ethical violations" involve, don't you think?:giggle:

Corruption? Better wait to see what those "unidentified ethical violations" involve, don't you think?:giggle:
I heard Debbie Gibson is having his two-headed love child.

You're right. If I did any one of these things, I would have been in prison long ago. Members of Congress should be no different.

So I guess we wait n see how this fleshes out.....

Ohhhh...what a possibility! Is bestiality unethical? I guess that would depend on the animal's perspective.

Not in Congress, no. They're always trying to find ways to screw the pooch if you'll pardon the pun. :P

You're right. If I did any one of these things, I would have been in prison long ago. Members of Congress should be no different.

Right. It's sad how slow the wheel turns. But I'm guessing somebody is trying to get Rangel out of the picture before the November election. Lots of red meat there.

Right. It's sad how slow the wheel turns. But I'm guessing somebody is trying to get Rangel out of the picture before the November election. Lots of red meat there.

You mean white meat? Pork is white meat, and cannibals refer to humans as "long pig." Or is that too racist? :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back