Hot Cocoa!

love ghirardelli peppermint cocoa :thumb:

I like Ghiradelli double chocolate mix. I mix it with coffee and and frothy milk, then sprinkle some unsweetened cocoa powder on top for a nice mocha.

I want to make some Mexican hot chocolate. I've been looking up the way to do it right. Apparently I need this: Ibarra Mexican Chocolate, 18.6 oz: Amazon.com: Grocery & Gourmet Food

Agreed. Since I'm so close to Mexico, I can get a 1/2 lb. bark of Mexican chocolate at the Latin store. Gives me ten cupsand taste way better than anything of U.S.A.

YUM! I love hot coco!!! :) they have this butterfinger kind that is to die for...
I try to sip on hot coco every night durring the winter months to help me relax after a hard day.

We also do not drink coffee in our house. so we have hot coco a lot with breakfest

I also enjoy what is typically called the Mexican hot chocolate; I add cinnamon to my hot cocoa sometimes generally.
Nutmeg too.

have had Ghirardelli chocolate here and in San. Fran- yum! - but haven't tried their hot cocoa

:)

Bott, now that you mention it, I haven't had the best of luck with nestle hot chocolate either, it seemed to be glumpy...

have never seen the Land o' Lakes brand here:hmm:

Bott, now that you mention it, I haven't had the best of luck with nestle hot chocolate either, it seemed to be glumpy...

have never seen the Land o' Lakes brand here:hmm:

I think I may try a different brand soon, like the Ghirardelli. The Nestle was a very good price, so there's probably truth in the old saying, "you get what you pay for."

For the Mexican chocolate lovers, you can buy Abuelita's block chocolate in Walmart's Mexican food section now. They have even come out with an instant syrup to make it. Although I think I would rather do that the old fashioned way.

sigh...yeah, I suppose so. Too bad....

Abuelita:hmm: maybe I'll look for that-

I found Ibarra Mexican chocolate at Giant! I was really surprised to see it there. Got a pack and used it for my mocha this morning. Fantastic. My recipe:

1/2 full cup of dark roast coffee
1 wedge Ibrarra Mexican sweet chocolate
top off with steamed or frothed milk.

I make my kids hot cocoa with Hershey's Special Dark cocoa, and give them a candy cane to stir it with. That is an AMAZING cup of delight. If we don't have a candy cane a York Peppermint Patty works well too!

I make my kids hot cocoa with Hershey's Special Dark cocoa, and give them a candy cane to stir it with. That is an AMAZING cup of delight. If we don't have a candy cane a York Peppermint Patty works well too!

I should get peppermint sticks or canes to go with my hot cocca and splenda mix. I'm especially big on mocha flavors too. I think I will put insta coffee and peppermint sticks on my next week's gorcery list.

i use condensed milk and water instead of just using milk or water. i mix powder in thoroughly before microwaving. then after microwaving i add cinnamon and nutmeg.

I love hot cocoa, but I have to find some that I can have now. Luckily there is a Whole Foods nearby so I should be able to find something.

Hubby likes to put hot cocoa mix into his coffee, but he also love hot cocoa daily from November 1st to March 1st.

Love Swiss Miss Hot Coco. I always buy that brand and then finally at work they got it so I had a chance to drink it at work. :D I even go to Dunkin Donuts to get white hot coco. Yummy

At Walmart they do have white hot coco in Hersey but bit of expensive to buy.

I always put the mix in the cup first and then brew the hot water into my cup then mix it no problem no lump.

Back