Home Renovation/Construction

I just need a power chair in a really great color and widened doorways.
Maybe a few things lowered.

I will have a lot of pictures to share in the next few months. We are getting a lot of projects estimated and hopefully from there we will get everything done. All of a sudden, hubby wants to get everything done. Super excited. But, putting all new carpet in your house is a ton of work. We have so much furniture that needs to be moved. We are hoping the company knows a few guys who can help us move the furniture.

There is update... I fixed it.

image1%201_zpsodtgonfy.jpg

Just need long nail and power drill to secure the nail tightly.

Next time that happens, all you have to do is break off a length of wooden matchstick and tap it into the old drill holes......

but your list doesnt show carbon MONOXIDE. and I stand correct. all farts have methane, cows have more.

Your right, Jiro seems have no clue what Carbon Monoxide is, its byproduct from burning materials that contains carbon. There is no burning process in farting, but once it gets burned like using candle for the fun, then yes it produce tweety tiny bit of Carbon Monoxide, not enough to kill anyone.

Carbon monoxide itself is a silent killer, no wonder Jiro had no clue cause he can't hear it.

It said cooking ranges produce Carbon monoxide so does this mean electric stoves too?

Only if an idiot piled up newspaper on electric stove, yes. Like I said if it burns anything that contains carbon in it. Newspaper got plenty of carbon in it. But if used electric stove properly and intended as is, then no carbon monoxide is being produced.

If electric stove gets shorted and start fire, then there comes carbon monoxide.

Only if an idiot piled up newspaper on electric stove, yes. Like I said if it burns anything that contains carbon in it. Newspaper got plenty of carbon in it. But if used electric stove properly and intended as is, then no carbon monoxide is being produced.

If electric stove gets shorted and start fire, then there comes carbon monoxide.

LOL! I don't even hang a hand towel on my stove door , let alone store newspapers on it. I had a friend that put firewood under her woodstove to dry out and I told her that not a good idea. The wood got on fire while she and her daughter were sleeping , I just happen to go into the house to say " HI" and woke them up. My condo manger who keep telling me he been doing this for years didn't put a new battery in our hallway carbon monoxide alarm and started beeping , my neighbors hear it and put in a new battery . I couldn't hear it at all.

LOL! I don't even hang a hand towel on my stove door , let alone store newspapers on it. I had a friend that put firewood under her woodstove to dry out and I told her that not a good idea. The wood got on fire while she and her daughter were sleeping , I just happen to go into the house to say " HI" and woke them up. My condo manger who keep telling me he been doing this for years didn't put a new battery in our hallway carbon monoxide alarm and started beeping , my neighbors hear it and put in a new battery . I couldn't hear it at all.

Yea, one of my pet peeves is people saying, it never happened for years no big deal. Or even, "I never heard of it, so it won't happen" and so on. It takes one incident to make major difference. Like Jiro said "Its 2016" That attitude alone CAN kill that person because he was ignorant on something that could have kill him.

There are some local codes that requires installation of Carbon monoxide alarm in building EVEN if there is no natural or propane gas in the building. The local decided the code regardless as if "Just play it safe".

I have heard enough stories with Carbon Monoxide to the point where I don't take it lightly. I have two Carbon Monoxide detectors in my house that is tied with front door bell button (No voltage present) and when it goes off, the whole house light continues to flash telling everyone to get out of house immediately. Both of my CO alarm is 6 years old, will have to replace them next year.

Like Jiro said "Its 2016" That attitude alone CAN kill that person because he was ignorant on something that could have kill him.

Jiro's reference to "it's 2016" was along the lines about building codes keeping houses up to standard (code), and that there's a lot of technology out there (e.g. smoke alarm detectors, CO detectors, even radon pipes, etc.) that keeps houses safer than 100 years ago. He's not an idiot.

What is Relay? (Not VRS)

Nevermind the Video Relay Service. it is not what I am referring to, what I am referring to is a devices called Relay, or Relay contacts. This is what I used to tied up with most of my house light switch (3 way switch is required) and have the coil on relay tied to smoke and CO alarms.

Its really sadden me that most CO alarm manufacturers refused to make such important accommodation for the Deaf and took many Deafies lives away like LuciaDistrub that we know from here.

large_156_8-Relays-cu-800.jpg

The picture is almost exact what I have, without the circuit board. Each blue device control one 3-way switch. The purpose of this is to make it work EVEN when the light switch is in "Off" position. I also hate strobes with passion. I somewhat lost my mind when strobes light kicks in and cause short term confusion. I grew up in Deaf School where they used flood light as alarm instead of strobe. They changed to strobes after I left Deaf School.

Now, tell me how many Deafies who owns home have such devices like these? Maybe very few of them. I am not here to brag, but to educate anyone, and in hope to have these ignorant manufacturers checked my comment and realize the need of such accommodation.

I refused wired 120V on doorbell button, too dangerous that way. I used whats called no voltage relay coil, they used grounding to detect on and off position on doorbell button so there is no shocking hazard. I had confused building inspector when I installed wood burning stove. He never heard of such system that I built and was very impressed on how much safety I put in. He send me letter certify my installation as "Beyond minimum safety requirement" In other word it means that its much safer than whats required by law.

Again, here I do not tolerate any insults or ignorant from anyone. I only welcome education and respect of safety.

Your mistaken, not every houses have CO, and sadly, not many CO alarm is designed for the Deaf, hey, its 2016 why there is very limited available CO alarm for the Deaf?

Every house is susceptible to carbon monoxide. There are strobe alarms out there for this, I even posted this. I have several in my home, plus one non-strobe for the hearing. Jiro can certainly look into this for his future home. What exactly am I mistaken about? :roll: Get off your high horse.

HC-SMK_CO-KIT2_1.jpg

I hired a contractor. Using Sorenson Spanish-to-English interpreter helped a great deal.

The one I seen here which is nice is to have Nest Smoke and CO alarm along with Phillips Hue. When the alarm goes off, the Hue lights will turn red and flashes few times then it stay on solid but not sure about color, read it somewhere that it changed the color to allow to have lights pass through smoke so everyone can see to get out. So you can set up lights everywhere the only drawback is that all lights are controlled by phones. You can't just simply walk to the lamp and turn it on. You have to use phones to control the lights. Solution to this is to have few extra lamps to use only for fire and CO alarm only. One nice thing about Nest Smoke and CO alarm, it will let you know if you have power outage at home also Also it will let you know if there's fire at home. If you know someone that is still home, you can call fire Dept to let them know there's someone at home. Also, it has night light sensor. At night, if you need to go to the kitchen to get water, the Nest will dimly illuminate on, bright enough to see where you are going. You can change the brightness level.
Cost wise is little expensive but no comparision of human life.

Back