Holocaust a 'Myth'

C.C.Sinned

Reaction score
Iranian Leader Calls Holocaust a 'Myth'
Wednesday, 14-Dec-2005 10:11AM Story from AP / ALI AKBAR DAREINI
Copyright 2005 by The Associated Press (via ClariNet)
TEHRAN, Iran - Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad escalated his anti-Israeli rhetoric Wednesday, calling the Holocaust a "myth" used by Europeans to create a Jewish state in the heart of the Islamic world. His remarks drew swift condemnation from the White House, Israel, Germany, France and the European Commission.

Germany said the remarks would affect upcoming negotiations over Iran's nuclear program, and European Commission President Jose Manual Barroso said Iranians "do not have the president, or the regime, they deserve."

Ahmadinejad last week questioned whether the Nazi destruction of 6 million European Jews during World War II occurred and said Israel should be moved to Europe. He also provoked an international outcry in October when he called for Israel to be "wiped off the map."

But Wednesday was the first time he publicly denied the Holocaust. Touring southeast Iran, Ahmadinejad said that if Europeans insist the Holocaust happened, then they are responsible and should pay the price.

"Today, they have created a myth in the name of Holocaust and consider it to be above God, religion and the prophets," Ahmadinejad told thousands of people in the southeastern city of Zahedan.

"If you committed this big crime, then why should the oppressed Palestinian nation pay the price?" Ahmadinejad asked rhetorically.

"This is our proposal: if you committed the crime, then give a part of your own land in Europe, the United States, Canada or Alaska to them so that the Jews can establish their country," he said, developing a theme he raised in Saudi Arabia last week.

The White House denounced the comments and said they show why Iran must not develop an atomic bomb.

"All responsible leaders in the international community recognize how outrageous those such comments are," White House spokesman Scott McClellan said, adding that they "only underscore why it is so important that the international community continue to work together to keep Iran from developing nuclear weapons."

German Foreign Minister Frank-Walter Steinmeier called the remarks "shocking and unacceptable." He said the German government had summoned the Iranian charge d'affaires to make its displeasure "unmistakably clear."

"I cannot hide the fact that this weighs on bilateral relations and on the chances for the negotiation process, the so-called nuclear dossier," Steinmeier said, referring to European talks with Iran on its nuclear program.

The German government said Chancellor Angela Merkel would call on the European Union to press for international condemnation at the United Nations.

Israeli Foreign Ministry spokesman Mark Regev said: "The repeated outrageous remarks of the Iranian president show clearly the mind-set of the ruling clique in Tehran and indicate clearly the extremist policy goals of the regime.

"The combination of fanatical ideology, a warped sense of reality and nuclear weapons is a combination that no one in the international community can accept," Regev added, referring to allegations that Iran is developing nuclear bombs.

Avner Shalev, the director of Yad Vashem, Israel's memorial to the Holocaust in Jerusalem, said Ahmadinejad's comments required a "stronger response from world leaders."

"Every genocidal statement has to be taken seriously because the Holocaust occurred, and the world knows it. Therefore, we don't just condemn these comments, we believe that the international community and the United Nations should deal with them more seriously," Shalev said.

In Strasbourg, France, Barroso said the president's comments were "completely unacceptable."

"This shows the nature of (Iranian) regime," he said. "With the great respect I have for that country, that people, the great history of that country, I say they do not have the president, or the regime, they deserve."

France's Foreign Ministry also condemned Ahmadinejad's remarks.

Ahmadinejad said the West had harmed Muslims, invaded their countries and plundered their wealth.

"If your civilization consists of aggression, making oppressed people homeless, suffocating the voices of justice and bringing poverty to a majority of the world's people, we say loudly that we hate your hollow civilization," he said.

Ahmadinejad has been unapologetic about taking Iran on a more openly defiant course, insisting on Iran's right to develop its nuclear program - which it insists is peaceful - and often using rhetoric reminiscent of the 1980s heyday of the Islamic Revolution.

The president's views sharply conflict with those of predecessor Mohammad Khatami, a moderate who used to call for dialogue among civilizations and promoted a low-key understanding with the United States that stopped short of diplomatic relations.

Inside Iran, Ahmadinejad's remarks have been criticized by some of his conservative allies, who fear he is hurting the country's image. Moderate Iranians have called on the ruling Islamic establishment to rein in the president.

But Supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, who has the ultimate say, has backed Ahmadinejad's calls for Israel's elimination.

Ahmadinejad criticized the United States for refusing to sell Iran spare parts for its civilian planes as part of its long-standing embargo against the country.

Iran has suffered a series of plane accidents - most recently on Dec. 6, when an aging U.S.-made military transport plane crashed into a tall building in Tehran, killing 115 people. Iranian officials have blamed Washington for the crashes, saying they are partly caused by the difficulty in obtaining spare parts.

"No country is authorized to impose spare-part sanctions against another country. Nothing can justify this," Ahmadinejad said Wednesday.

Ahmadinejad said the denial of spare parts was a reason why Iran would not trust Western promises to give it nuclear fuel. The country is currently at loggerheads with the West over its insistence on enriching uranium to fuel its first nuclear reactor, which is due to start generating electricity next year.

The Europeans, with U.S. backing, do not trust Iran to have its own enrichment process since highly enriched uranium can be used for nuclear warheads. Europe has offered to sell enriched uranium for the reactor, but Iran has rejected this.

The United States is pushing to have Iran referred to the U.N. Security Council, where it could face sanctions for violating a nuclear arms control treaty.

Ahmadinejad said that if Iran gave in on the nuclear dispute, there was no guarantee the West might not refuse to sell nuclear fuel in the future.

"I assure you that we won't step back one inch from our nuclear rights," the president told the crowd, drawing chants of "Death to America!"

Iran is due to resume negotiations on the nuclear issue with envoys from Britain, France and Germany starting Dec. 21 in Vienna, Austria.

Over 6 million dead, consentration camps, death camps, expariments on humans...

all a hoax yeah sure :sure:

The writer lied. He said something so that people would see it and get mad. READ THE ARTICLE, NOT JUST THE FIRST SENTENCE!

Ahmadinejad last week questioned whether the Nazi destruction of 6 million European Jews during World War II occurred and said Israel should be moved to Europe. He also provoked an international outcry in October when he called for Israel to be "wiped off the map."

But Wednesday was the first time he publicly denied the Holocaust. Touring southeast Iran, Ahmadinejad said that if Europeans insist the Holocaust happened, then they are responsible and should pay the price.

"Today, they have created a myth in the name of Holocaust and consider it to be above God, religion and the prophets," Ahmadinejad told thousands of people in the southeastern city of Zahedan.

"If you committed this big crime, then why should the oppressed Palestinian nation pay the price?" Ahmadinejad asked rhetorically.

"This is our proposal: if you committed the crime, then give a part of your own land in Europe, the United States, Canada or Alaska to them so that the Jews can establish their country," he said, developing a theme he raised in Saudi Arabia last week.

He did not say the Holocaust didn't exist. The Holocaust existed, but the Jews were creating the MYTH of ANOTHER HOLOCAUST to take land in the middle east from the Palenstinians and call it "Israel."

He said the word "myth" and the writer took it out of context.

Also, he did not say these words in English. His words could possibly be mistranslated. Arabic is not an easy language to fit into English. Translators take a lot of liberty to translate the message into our words.

then I miss understood...

But this line still stands out -

"I assure you that we won't step back one inch from our nuclear rights," the president told the crowd, drawing chants of "Death to America!"

What I see from a spectator's viewpoint is that Iran-Israel relations is on the downslope of a long rollercoaster ride through history. There will come a point when we will be getting news that whether Israel starts picking on Iran's assets or vice versa and with Iraq being 'neutralized' to Israel's benefit, the likelihood of some conflagration increases as the clock ticks on especially the fact that Ahmadinejad had been one of the US hostage takers back then.

Richard

C.C.Sinned said:
then I miss understood...
Well, if you misunderstood it, you are in good company. Most people who read or heard that statement believe that Ahmadinejad denied the Holocaust, and that he called for the destruction of Israel.

BTW, I think Ahmadinejad needs a geography lesson:
"...give a part of your own land in Europe, the United States, Canada or Alaska..."
Last time I checked, Alaska was still part of the United States. :D

Another point. Ahmadineajad called for Israel to be "wiped off the map." Did you know that all the wall maps used by Palestinian children, and children around the world in Muslim schools, have the name "Israel" crossed off? They use markers or black tape to cover up "Israel" on their maps. That includes Muslim schools in the United States!

Reba said:
Well, if you misunderstood it, you are in good company. Most people who read or heard that statement believe that Ahmadinejad denied the Holocaust, and that he called for the destruction of Israel.

It's easy to do that when the writer writes it that way. I think most people who bothered to read into the article rather than scream bloody murder at the headline understood how it could be taken out of context.

Another point. Ahmadineajad called for Israel to be "wiped off the map." Did you know that all the wall maps used by Palestinian children, and children around the world in Muslim schools, have the name "Israel" crossed off? They use markers or black tape to cover up "Israel" on their maps. That includes Muslim schools in the United States!

The only information I can find out about "Israel being crossed off the map" is a news article in 2002 about one campus of two schools in Virginia, and their reason for that is because of their several students are Palenstinian and want their heritage represented. Not ALL the wall maps used by Palestinian children nor ALL Muslim schools do this.

On another site I saw a few days ago, they had pics of a map used at a UN meeting that didn't have Israel on it. Wish I could remember the site.

Dennis said:
... Not ALL the wall maps used by Palestinian children nor ALL Muslim schools do this.
I heard an interview where the school administrators said that it was true.

I guess we really can't know for sure unless we go to each school and check.

Here is one source:

U.S. Islamic Schools Teaching Homegrown Hate[/quote]
Wednesday, February 27, 2002
By Kenneth Adelman

NEW YORK — ...The Washington Post on Monday revealed that one such school outside Washington, D.C., uses textbooks teaching 11th graders that "the Day of Judgment can't come until Jesus Christ returns to Earth, breaks the cross and converts everyone to Islam, and until Muslims start attacking Jews."

Other accredited Islamic schools in America have world maps on classroom walls that exclude Israel. Some such schools promote class discussions that portray Usama bin Laden as "simply the victim of … prejudice" against all Muslims in America.

These astonishing facts were broken by Post reporters Valerie Strauss and Emily Wax in their front-page piece, too tepidly entitled, "Where Two Worlds Collide: Muslim Schools Face Tension of Islamic, U.S. Views."

Americans generally assume Islamic hate teaching resided "out there" — in Cairo or Riyadh. And yet it's right here — in the elite Islamic Saudi Academy just outside Washington, D.C. "At stake," the two ace reporters say, "is how the next generation of Muslims coming of age in the United States will participate in the country they live in."

... At the Al-Qalam All-Girls School in Springfield, Va., seventh graders learn that Usama bin Laden may be not a villain but a victim of Americans' biased views toward great Islamic leaders. Hence "some students question the government's claim that bin Laden is responsible for the terrorist attacks — disputing that videotapes actually show him taking credit."

Classrooms of the Washington Islamic Academy, which teaches kindergarten through fourth grade, feature world maps without Israel. "Upstairs in Al-Qalam girls school, the word is blackened out with marker, with ' Palestine' written in its place."

When the reporters asked about this, academy officials "defended the maps, pointing out that some of the students are refugees from Palestine and want their heritage represented."

... Throughout America now are 200 to 600 Islamic day schools, teaching at least 30,000 full-time students and thousands more on weekends. The Washington Islamic Academy, outside the nation's capital, teaches some 1,300 kids, including children of Arabic-speaking diplomats.

It may rank among the worst of these academies, as it is funded by Saudi money. Its high school textbook, in the reporters' words, "says one sign of the Day of Judgment will be that Muslims will fight and kill Jews, who will hide behind trees that say: 'Oh Muslim, Oh servant of God, here is a Jew hiding behind me. Come here and kill him.'"

According to Strauss and Wax, "Several students of different ages, all of whom asked not to be identified, said that in Islamic studies, they are taught that it is better to shun and even to dislike Christians, Jews and Shiite Muslims.

"Some teachers 'focus more on hatred,' said one teenager … 'They teach students that whatever is kuffar [non-Muslim], it is okay for you' to hurt or steal from that person." ...
http://www.hatefreeboston.com/022702.htm

I just wanted to add that it did appear that the president of Iran denied the Holocaust, in my reading of it. It seems he considers it a false excuse used by the Europeans to win sympathy for the Jews so that Israel would be backed by allies. Obviously a load of bullhockey, but anyway, there are others who saw that in his statements.

That is very scary to see this about some of these schools. I used to live very near Springfield when I was younger. I know that area like the back of my hand.

I agree in some ways. Some nations perceive things differently. If we went to war and one million American soldiers died, we would call it a tragedy. If one million Iraq soldiers died, we would call it a number.

Reba said:
Here is one source:

U.S. Islamic Schools Teaching Homegrown Hate
Wednesday, February 27, 2002
By Kenneth Adelman

snip

http://www.hatefreeboston.com/022702.htm

That's the very same sole source I get, it's replicated in various newspapers but all have about the same date of mid-February 2002.

No other news sources have articles that mention anything like it or expand upon the idea that many or some or a lot of Muslim schools "cross out Israel" from maps.

VamPyroX said:
I agree in some ways. Some nations perceive things differently. If we went to war and one million American soldiers died, we would call it a tragedy. If one million Iraq soldiers died, we would call it a number.

Some would call it a number...but there are some of us who do take the time to pray for the families of the Iraqi dead too. I can't think of any reason not to.

Dennis said:
That's the very same sole source I get, it's replicated in various newspapers but all have about the same date of mid-February 2002.

No other news sources have articles that mention anything like it or expand upon the idea that many or some or a lot of Muslim schools "cross out Israel" from maps.
I am curious about that.

If there was a school in my location I would like to go check it out for myself. Hmmm....

Wait, there's more!
CAIRO - The leader of Egypt's Muslim Brotherhood, the largest opposition force in the country, on Thursday joined Iran in calling the World War II Holocaust a "myth."

"Western democracy has attacked everyone who does not share the vision of the sons of Zion as far as the myth of the Holocaust is concerned," Mohammed Mehdi Akef said in a statement.

His remarks came says after similar comments recently by Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, who also described the Holocaust as a "myth" and called for the Jewish state to be "wiped off the map," sparking international outcry.

Akef's comments were published in a pamphlet that decried the United States and its ally, Israel, and came about two weeks after the banned but tolerated movement won a shock 20 percent of Egypt's parliamentary seats in legislative polls.

"He who announces himself party to their alliance is a 'democrat' while he who opposes methods in the fight against terrorism is a 'terrorist'," Akef wrote.

...Earlier this month, Akef called Israel a "cancer" in the Middle East and said its peace treaty with Egypt should be submitted to a referendum.

"I declared that we will not recognize Israel which is an alien entity in the region. And we expect the demise of this cancer soon," Akef told the state-owned English language Ahram Weekly in an interview published on December 15.

http://195.224.230.11/english/?id=15307

Reba , have you seen the http://www.pmw.org.il website with video clips? You might want to wait till after Christmas because the videos will put you in a very bad mood and not a festive Christmas mood.... so wait till Christmas is over and Enjoy your Christmas !!!! God Bless !!! :)

Back