Hiya!

catlover_Amy81

Reaction score
Hi, my name is Amy. I'm 24/f/pa, USA. I born deaf, and using sign languages and speech both. I'm single, and I live with my father and my animals. My mother passed away from cancer last few years ago. I missed her very much and it been hard for me without my mother helped me all the times, you know? I've been suffering with depression. I had so many problems and trouble at deaf school that I dropped out when I was 15 years old. I transported to the regular school with the small hearing-impaired class but unfortanutely, it closed when I was 18; because it doens't have enough money for education and hearing-impaired students. I did get a job at the animal shelter but I stopped working since my mother got very sick. After she passed away, the boss won't offer me a job back at animal shelter. Right now, I'm still unemployer and looking for a job. I don't have many, many friends to talk to. Anyway, I'm an animal lover, I have 13 cats and 2 dogs. So, um.... Any questions???

:wave: :welcome: Hello catlover Amy81, welcome to AD, it's good to have you aboard with us. Look forward to your postings. Everyone is wonderful here, supportive and very nice.

First let me say, how sorry I am on the passing of your mom. My mom passed away 3 1/2 years ago, and yes, it's hard to let go, because they are the parent we daughters come to depend on when we need some support, encouragement or just a smile. Always know that your mother is with you everyday of your life, she will always watch over you. It's hard to watch anyone with cancer, especially a parent suffer, it's a dreadful disease.

Try to find someone you can talk to about your depression and the way you're feeling, try to take that emotion of depression and change it to an emotion where you know now mom is resting, she is at peace now, but, she will always be with you.

It's a real shame that your former employer didn't have the decency and understanding to see what you were going through. Maybe that job isn't the right one for you, but, there is one out there somewhere. Don't give up on yourself, keep looking, when you least expect it, you will find that job that truly fits you.

Remember Mom is with you, as I know my Mom is with me. They are happy, and in a beautiful place. You wouldn't want Mom to see you sad and depressed all the time, so try to talk to someone about how your feeling, and how you can deal with it better, so you can start to feel better.

Good luck to you, I hope you find that job, take good care of Dad and all your animal friends. Take care of yourself!!! :hug:

OK, thank you very much. But um, I don't know what kind of a job I can do, and I really love the animals. I can't work at the animal hospital with my vet. but it makes me sick and sad about injury/sick animals, you know? I will try to keep looking for a job whichever I like.

Hello,

Welcome to AD and enjoy your stay here! ;)

Animal Lover

Why don't you go to school to be a pet groomer? I think this would be a great vocation for a deaf animal lover. Later on, you could even open your own business. Think about it!

*sighs* never mind... -_-" I don't think I can go to school to become a pet groomer because I didn't finish the school... Please just forgot about stupid jobs that people won't offer any jobs to the deaf people. I've always complain about it. I wish I want to move to different place that I wanted to go to another deaf school but it's too late for me.... :roll: Well, I didn't have enough money to move... *sighs* Oh well, my life sucks. I really wanted to meet you guys here and learn everything! I really like to know more about your lives with being deaf. Do you understand? :popcorn:

Vocations for the Deaf

To be sure, there are not many vocations out there for deaf people! You need to study the ones available and choose which one appeals to you the most.

There are many out there that deaf people usually do not take advantage of. Picture framing is one and the animal grooming is another.

What are you good at? What do you ENJOY doing? "If you love your job, you will never work another day in your life".

catlover_Amy81 said:
*sighs* never mind... -_-" I don't think I can go to school to become a pet groomer because I didn't finish the school... Please just forgot about stupid jobs that people won't offer any jobs to the deaf people. I've always complain about it. I wish I want to move to different place that I wanted to go to another deaf school but it's too late for me.... :roll: Well, I didn't have enough money to move... *sighs* Oh well, my life sucks. I really wanted to meet you guys here and learn everything! I really like to know more about your lives with being deaf. Do you understand? :popcorn:

Can try Adult Basic Education or community education to get GED then u can zoom to college, like grooming school... Not sure what tech colleges in PA offers for your specaility. I am sorry that your life is hard and tough right now but think postive and find postive way to keep yourself alive. I hate deaf school too! I had hard time til I transfferred to public school.

Oh, wait a minute... what about interputer? I don't want any interputers from the deaf school but I heard someone who know sign languages and going to be an interputer at some college but it didn't work out... Maybe we can try again in next fall or whenever. :dunno:

catlover_Amy81 said:
OK, thank you very much. But um, I don't know what kind of a job I can do, and I really love the animals. I can't work at the animal hospital with my vet. but it makes me sick and sad about injury/sick animals, you know? I will try to keep looking for a job whichever I like.
:hug: There is someone who loves animals just as much as you do, that needs someone like you to work with. Don't give up hope, something good will happen soon. Just pray and hope, something good will come along. Just don't give up!!! :angel:

Welcome to AD hope u enjoy stay here :) same here i m animal lover WOW 13 cats ? THUD!! haha sorry abt ur mother passed away :hug:

Thank you all! Hey, don't ever worry about those stupid jobs. If I want a job very much and they would no, probably I will sue them for deaf discrimination. And yeah, that'll make me feel good. Please don't talk about stupid jobs front of me, I will be still suffering and out of my control.

Hi catlover, the world inside school and the world outside school is COMPLETELY different. No one will help you if you refuse them. It is NOT too late to get high school diploma! Even 70 yrs old CAN get high school diploma. It just happend a while ago up here in my hometown. So, forget about job, try to get GED, then maybe you can get training. Some community gives out free training grant.
Finding job is NOT easy! Not just because your deaf. It is the way it is. I have looked for HUNDRED HUNDRED of jobs and finally found few. Need not give up.

Moving out is NOT going to help because problem you have there will follow you. So, try to work one problem at a time, one day at a time. A*S*K for help, and sometimes you will not recieve help, sometimes you WILL.

Sorry about your mother, ain't easy. Don't know what else to say.

Back