High School Valedictorian Refuses to Bow Down, Has Speech Censored

Status
Not open for further replies.
My point was the irresponisble way the liberals are handling this issue. If the liberals truly cared about people. They would say homosexuality is wrong as God has said for a very, very good reason and a good safety reason. Putting on a condom it does not offer you 100% protection plus also the fact that putting on a condom also still shows you are in the throes of sin, the very act of homosexual sex

Once again, you're showing ignorance. Homosexuality has nothing to do with STD's. STD's don't care what your sexual orientation is, it simply spreads. There are MANY homosexual couples without STD's (no HIV) and they're just fine. Explain that? Contrary to what you think, most gays don't have HIV.

It was gays in America that brought AIDS to a national attention and it was gays that advocated medical care for HIV/AIDS patients. It was gays that demanded research into HIV/AIDS. It was gays that pushed drug companies to create drugs to treat AIDS. Gays were very active and played a huge role in creating education about HIV prevention. It worked. The HIV infection rate dropped dramatically. The AIDS cases also dropped. The bad news is HIV infection is rising among heterosexuals and bisexuals in USA.

Yeah, the ONLY reason why AIDS spread so fast in the '80's wasn't directly b/c of homosexuality, it was b/c a subpopulation of gay men was irresponsible and slept with everyone and anyone they could get their hands on. Note that gay men aren't the only ones who are promesticus....there are tons of straight men who go to "massage parlors" and who mindlessly sleep around.
Heath, you just don't get it. We GLB people are not some giant immoral sin. We have families, we give back to the community, we pay taxes, many of us go to church, and are otherwise very moral people! Not all churches believe that God sees homosexuality as a sin. It might be a sin, it might not. Nobody knows except for God and Jesus. It really is more of an ambigious sin.....sort of like the way some people think reading Harry Potter is a sin.

Agreed with you about HIV, DD. Had the first HIV victim to come to America been heterosexual...let's say, a female, hetero prostitute...I would not be surprised if some would be painting HIV as a "women's virus" and then tout it as a sign that "women shouldn't be out of the kitchen and in the workplace." It could've happened either way.

If there is any lesson I think God would wish us to learn from HIV, it is the same thing that He wished us to learn from the maltreatment of lepers that used to happen in ancient days--that our lack of compassion has caused the suffering of so many. We ought to be repenting for how hard our hearts have been, and for the lives lost because we as a society were so quick to blame and so slow to act.

Rose Immortal said:
If there is any lesson I think God would wish us to learn from HIV, it is the same thing that He wished us to learn from the maltreatment of lepers that used to happen in ancient days--that our lack of compassion has caused the suffering of so many.

Lepers weren't being maltreated as a matter of policy, but the implementation of that policy sometimes led to maltreatment.

At the time, most or all of the very different diseases included in the category of "leprosy" were incurable by medical means and quite contagious. Lepers were quarantined and isolated because there was no other way to ensure that they did not infect everyone else. Even today, patients with very contagious diseases are isolated in hospitals. We still want to cure them of their ailments.

HIV isn't contagious in the same way so isolation isn't necessary. but the same goes for it. A cure is possible, we just need to find it.

The general point I was trying to make was that people used the diagnosis as an excuse for cruelty; that's where I see the parallel. These people were not only physically quarantined but treated as refuse. That's what I see some trying to do to the HIV-positive and that's what I don't like.

The point I was trying to make was when a person who goes to the methadone clinic on the street then gets free clean syringes then he goes with his friends and maybe his girlfriend and remember this, they are high on methadone then they shoot heroin in their arms, now they are twice as high, now here is where things start to happen, he or she is so high that he or she soons forgets what is happening and they are pretty much on autopilot they can't feel their arms or realize that they are using somebody else's needle and then they get HIV/AIDS then in the morning when they crash and are coming off the high they start to remember things and all of a sudden they remember sharing needles but they were so high they forgot going through the motions of getting high with the syringes and now thanks alots to the clean needle exchange program, They are already dead and the HIV/AIDS disease has been spread one more step further killing people in the process with the needle exchange program and not one step back towards saving more lives through abstience, proper healthy food, sleep and alots of love and support and learning how to live for God through Jesus Christ.

Now my question is who really cares more ? The conservatives or the liberals ?

STOP! STOP! STOP! STOP! STOP! STOP! STOP! STOP! STOP! STOP! STOP! This thread is off-point, please stay on the thread issue. Thank you!

nozobo said:
STOP! STOP! STOP! STOP! STOP! STOP! STOP! STOP! STOP! STOP! STOP! This thread is off-point, please stay on the thread issue. Thank you!

Amen to that !!!!! Thank you !!!!! This is about a Christian girl who simply said Thank you to God and Jesus Christ then she wanted to thank her parents. The liberal establishment screamed and covered their ears at the sight and the sound of Jesus Christ and attacked that Christian girl like a pack of savage wolves !!!!!!

8 word to says... This thread is joking then start move on.

Heath said:
Amen to that !!!!! Thank you !!!!! This is about a Christian girl who simply said Thank you to God and Jesus Christ then she wanted to thank her parents. The liberal establishment screamed and covered their ears at the sight and the sound of Jesus Christ and attacked that Christian girl like a pack of savage wolves !!!!!!

No one has any reason to take you seriously the more you insist on this line of thinking, Heath. Cut out your obsession with the "liberal establishment" and start realizing that Christianity isn't the be-all, end-all religion of the world. Respect those other religions. Thank you.

HIV isn't contagious in the same way so isolation isn't necessary. but the same goes for it. A cure is possible, we just need to find it.
The general point I was trying to make was that people used the diagnosis as an excuse for cruelty; that's where I see the parallel. These people were not only physically quarantined but treated as refuse.
Sorry for going OT, but I think that there are SOME cases where HIV+ folks SHOULD be locked up in hoisptials. Some HIV+ folks are incredibily irresponsible with their actions and sexuality.
Heath, You just don't get it.....there's no giant libral conspiracy, and very few of us are anti- Jesus....Some of us are,yeah but that's b/c of dumbasses who ramble manaicly that the Bible and Jesus is THE ANSWER.

deafdyke said:
Sorry for going OT, but I think that there are SOME cases where HIV+ folks SHOULD be locked up in hoisptials. Some HIV+ folks are incredibily irresponsible with their actions and sexuality.

Possibly, but this is no different than any other public health crisis.

My grandmother's brother's son died of AIDS in 1980 and he was gay. He never had any blood transfusion or never had needles into his skin like drugs. My Mother and Dad told me that God didn't approve his homosexuality. My Mother's cousin regretted that he made a big mistake for choosing homosexuality. He died in San Francisco, California.

Are we are discussing AIDS or freedom of speech at graduation here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back