High School Valedictorian Refuses to Bow Down, Has Speech Censored

Status
Not open for further replies.
ismi said:
And why would it be so wrong to thank Satan, if you are a Satanist? How is that different than a Christian thanking Jesus, a Jew thanking YHWH or a Muslim thanking Allah? For that matter, would a non-Abrahamic religious figure - Brahman/Ishvara, Vahiguru, Jah/Haile Selassie I - be acceptable?

Satanism is not a recongized religion here in America plus why would anybody want to thank satan after what he has done to God and to Adam and Eve as well as leading the whole world ashtray. I mean how can you thank satan ? That would be very disturbing. Normal people do not say thank you to satan.

Heath said:
Petitions do really work. We have had many victories with AFA and many Christian organizations as well as secular organizations who instinctively know that homosexuality is wrong.

Again, the topic was the focus on the Christian girl and this is not about homosexuality at this time. This is about the Christian girl and her right to speak at her graduation.

Other BS again, I'm promise that USA would going become integrated country in before 2050 and our expected to honor based on liberal and other parties, also support us. ;)

Heath, Welcome to our ignore list... :bye:

A person has entitle the opinion. Love Christian, Hate christian. Who gives a fuck. No one is perfect. The girl stands up her belief to speak her speech at graduation. The problem is there are some anti-christian people do not want to hear about it shit. Preach it at church or home. I don't hate christian people but they got me nerved because every sunday they went door to door and talk about Jesus Christ. I told them, preach people at church not our houses.

P.S. I do believe in GOD. That's it. No agurement

Heath said:
Satanism is not a recongized religion here in America plus why would anybody want to thank satan after what he has done to God and to Adam and Eve as well as leading the whole world ashtray. I mean how can you thank satan ? That would be very disturbing. Normal people do not say thank you to satan.
How do you know? You dont know the fact either. No one knows the fact. Enough said. If there was a fact, why do we have a ton of religions? Jewish people believe Jesus is Jews. Black people believe Jesus is black. Chrisitan believe Jesus is God's son. Who knows what's next? In my opinion not fact, We are GOD's children.

I am surprised and sad to see this sort of censorship. I mentioned God when I delivered a commencement address years back, and nobody batted an eye at it. At our school, we even had to try out in order to give the commencement speech, and not one of the judges said a thing to me. I wasn't preaching and it doesn't sound like this girl was either. I'm just thankful that where I was, people understood what "freedom of speech" means!

VERY ironic that the American CIVIL LIBERTIES Union would be playing the role of censor!!!

Heath said:
Satanism is not a recongized religion here in America plus why would anybody want to thank satan after what he has done to God and to Adam and Eve as well as leading the whole world ashtray.

That's one take on it. Another is that Satan is just misunderstood and that God is overly controlling and domineering and therefore Satan is right.

I don't believe in the existence of a satan-character, I'm just observing that there is more than one way to look at the story.

DefMATRIXense said:
Jewish people believe Jesus is Jews.

Um... Jesus *was* a Jew. That is a historical fact that no sane person is going to argue with. That said, Jesus isn't an important or notable person in Jewish history, so most Jews don't talk about Jesus very much.

Her speech was censored because she broke the rules. Her speech was not approved by the school. You do NOT have the freedom to say anything you want as a student! You are still bound by the school having the final say on what you do at graduation. If you deviate from what is approved, YOU WILL GET PUNISHED! In this case, she was not allowed to finish her speech.

If she followed the rules and complained later, I would support her right to complain. I do not support a student trying to use a graduation speech to further their agenda by going against school rules. I wouldn't support it if they were speaking for or against the War in Iraq, the War on Drugs, or the fight against abortion, if the speech wasn't approved by the school.

Heath, once you become a valedictorian at NTID or whatever, the president or dean invites you as a keystone speaker for the commencement ceremonies. Are you going to follow your orginal speech or revised speech drafts from the public relations office of NTID.

Are you going to follow the example of Brittany McComb?

Heath, what is your answer?

Mookie said:
Heath, once you become a valedictorian at NTID or whatever, the president or dean invites you as a keystone speaker for the commencement ceremonies. Are you going to follow your orginal speech or revised speech drafts from the public relations office of NTID.

As far as I know, he's not coming here. If he were, he'd be kicked out long before he had a chance to graduate. People like him simply aren't tolerated at RIT/NTID.

Mookie said:

Are you going to follow the example of Brittany McComb?

Heath, what is your answer?

I will follow the example of Brittany McComb. You know that I can not deny Lord Jesus Christ now or at the moment of death. God and Jesus Christ has been too good to me. I will just thank God My Lord Jesus Christ and My Personal Savior and then thank my parents just like any normal Christian man would.

Teresh said:
As far as I know, he's not coming here. If he were, he'd be kicked out long before he had a chance to graduate. People like him simply aren't tolerated at RIT/NTID.

Then that is intolerance on your part. I came to study and work hard and earn a living. What.... You are scared of the truth? That I will work hard and succeed. Is that what you hate so much huh? Politically correct people really hate God and Jesus Christ. They just won't admit it. You would be surprised I have very hard working ethics probably more than you do so I am going to college to work and study hard and earn a living.

Heath said:
Then that is intolerance on your part.

So academia is intolerant because it doesn't allow hate? Considering you hate America and almost everyone who lives here and a very large percentage of the earth's population for reasons that are factually incorrect and fabricated by people like Stomfront, JewWatch and the KKK, you're really not a very good judge of "tolerance", Heath.

Heath said:
I came to study and work hard and earn a living.

Good. Maybe you'll learn some things about the world and why your opinions are considered nonsense by those of us who are actually educated.

Heath said:
Politically correct people really hate God and Jesus Christ.

That's not true at all. We just oppose people who subvert God and use God as a justification for evil and people who think that it's correct and proper to force God down someone's throat.

I don't "hate" Jesus. The fact that I am not a Christian does not mean I do not hold some degree of respect for him or his teachings. I do, but I don't believe Socrates, Plato, Maimonides or other philosophers were gods either.

Heath, I agree with you to stand firm on your faith. But becareful what you say and do, when you. Don't brag of what u do, but everything you say, think,eat, drink, do it humbly for the glory of the Lord. In some way, if someone saying something that contradict, its ok to share your point, but must be guide by the Holy Spirit instead of follow ur impulse. Paul said share it gracefully. Smile. I know you can do it.

I was the salutatorian of my high school, couple days before I gave out my speech on the graduation day, I had to show my salutatorian letter presentation to my principal to see what I was going to give a speech... So therefore Freedom of Speech doesn't mean you can say anything you want... for example yell "bomb" on airplane??? you know what will happens, so it's just a similar concept. I know law is law but dont argue with me there, I didn't make the law...

Dennis said:
Her speech was censored because she broke the rules. Her speech was not approved by the school. You do NOT have the freedom to say anything you want as a student! You are still bound by the school having the final say on what you do at graduation. If you deviate from what is approved, YOU WILL GET PUNISHED! In this case, she was not allowed to finish her speech.

If she followed the rules and complained later, I would support her right to complain. I do not support a student trying to use a graduation speech to further their agenda by going against school rules. I wouldn't support it if they were speaking for or against the War in Iraq, the War on Drugs, or the fight against abortion, if the speech wasn't approved by the school.

And if the school's rules are in error?

I think this is more along the lines of civil disobedience than anything.

Teresh said:
So academia is intolerant because it doesn't allow hate? Considering you hate America and almost everyone who lives here and a very large percentage of the earth's population for reasons that are factually incorrect and fabricated by people like Stomfront, JewWatch and the KKK, you're really not a very good judge of "tolerance", Heath.

Where in the world did you get that idea I hate America, FYI I don't hate my country and I love my country. We as White Americans gave black people what they wanted in the 1960's and now look what is happening with black america, they do not appreciate what they have and the black people keep on killing white people and their own people even though those times are way past so who are the real haters here? I ask you ? I know what tolerance or intolerance is. I also happen to think for myself which you don't think for yourself. Look at what is happening in this world today. Immigration, the liberal establishment trying to train people so that they will not think for themselves and allow themselves to be destroyed for the " betterment of America " huh? Immigrants cross the borders and what does the liberal establishment do ? Nothing. Many Americans and hey .... I am not talking about Stormfront or any of the organizations here. I am talking about Americans in general do support having border protection from illegal immigration whose goals are to wreck the USA through the Mexican government. Why do the Mexican army shoot at the US Border guards who return fire in self defense. Why is the Mexican army provoking the US Border patrolmen who are doing nothing more than protecting the American border and rounding up illegal immigrants to be deported back to Mexico.

Good. Maybe you'll learn some things about the world and why your opinions are considered nonsense by those of us who are actually educated.

I am a very educated man and everybody has their own opinions, and what may be considered non sense makes sense for another people. I will think for myself but I am not going to have people control what I think or to not think.

That's not true at all. We just oppose people who subvert God and use God as a justification for evil and people who think that it's correct and proper to force God down someone's throat.

That Christian girl was not forcing anything down anybody's throats and she was simply saying Thank you to God and Jesus Christ !!!!! I mean how more simple can it get than that?????

I don't "hate" Jesus. The fact that I am not a Christian does not mean I do not hold some degree of respect for him or his teachings. I do, but I don't believe Socrates, Plato, Maimonides or other philosophers were gods either.

Everybody respects and pays lip service to Jesus Christ but if people really understood Jesus Christ and his teachings then they would not hate Jesus Christ so much which is exactly what is happening now as we watch what is happening with that Christian girl who was really innocent and did nothing more than just Thank God and Jesus Christ then her parents. That was it.

Teresh, I also think you are not aware of what happened last night and what I decided to do .....

http://www.alldeaf.com/showthread.php?t=30082&page=1&pp=20

Teresh said:

Don't worry, Teresh...

Heath will have to learn from professors in diversity. I wonder if he will follow the professional behavior/body language from the sissy professors.

He will also have to share the dorm room with a roommate who is from Nigeria.

He will probably have to be on the project team with Muslims students.

He will probably obtain a fair grade from the liberial professor in English class. Of course, English Dept does not have many strong Christian-mind professors at the technology school.

Wait and see if Heath will select the table of which group at the caferia.

ACLU believes its a violation of the 1st Amendment because it would lend the idea that she's trying to evangelize the audience on public's expenses.

Unfortunately, it's not a black and white issue - just when is it appropiate to censure? We censure a lot of things - we can't say f**k on TV or we'd be fined. We cannot show some nudity.

What was once obscene may no longer obscene today. For example, it was obscene to show a pregnant woman on TV but since I love Lucy, it became more acceptable.

Gay kiss was obscene but nowadays, it's not as obscene.

Freedom of speech isn't something you can just say whatever you want to please. You just have to take consideration of others, including the minorities.

Heath said:
Where in the world did you get that idea I hate America, FYI I don't hate my country and I love my country.

You oppose the US Constitution, the document which gives legal validity to our great republic. The document *is* America, and since you oppose the document, you oppose America.

Heath said:
We as White Americans gave black people what they wanted in the 1960's and now look what is happening with black america, they do not appreciate what they have and the black people keep on killing white people and their own people even though those times are way past so who are the real haters here?

Blacks do not hate whites. You only want to believe that because you want to feel positive in yourself that you are a normal and decent human being while still being a firm racist. In other words, you are a standard racist--You claim to not be one, that you do not "hate" the members of another race. yet you espouse the ideology of a racist and promote that ideology among others.

Heath said:
I ask you ? I know what tolerance or intolerance is.

In speech and action, I can say fully, no you don't.

Heath said:
I also happen to think for myself which you don't think for yourself.

I learn things from other people and make up my own mind with regards to what I think and I believe in. I am free, both in my thoughts and in my actions.

You, however, do not think for yourself because you only look at one side of anything--you don't consider the counterpoint or the opposing argument. Moreover, you deny that there even is another view, insisting instead that your view is correct. In psychology, this is called a messiah complex.

Heath said:
Immigration, the liberal establishment trying to train people so that they will not think for themselves and allow themselves to be destroyed for the " betterment of America " huh?

Legal immigration is not a bad thing, it's a good thing. Remember, unless you are a 100% pure-bred native American, something I know for a fact you're not, you are descended from immigrants. If you hate immigrants, you hate yourself.

Heath said:
Why do the Mexican army shoot at the US Border guards who return fire in self defense.

I have serious doubts that that actually happens. If it did, Mexico would have been attacked a long time ago. A foreign government attacking government personnel of another nation is considered an act of war. Cite a source.

Heath said:
Teresh, I also think you are not aware of what happened last night and what I decided to do .....

http://www.alldeaf.com/showthread.php?t=30082&page=1&pp=20

No, I was not aware of that. I admit my heart skipped a beat when I read it, I was so shocked. I'm proud of you, Heath.

Mookie said:
Heath will have to learn from professors in diversity. I wonder if he will follow the professional behavior/body language from the sissy professors.

I'm most wondering how he'll take having Black, Hispanic, Asian, Indian, etc. professors.

Mookie said:
He will also have to share the dorm room with a roommate who is from Nigeria.

Or his roomate who's gay.

Mookie said:
He will probably have to be on the project team with Muslims students.

The SAU Cafe at RIT is advertising right now that on every Wednesday they have people from Pakistan House come in and prepare Halal (Muslim dietary laws) food. I was really surprised.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back