Hi hearing woman teaching asl in high school

Stephymc234

Reaction score
My name is Stephanie and I'm new to the site and would love to make new friends. I live in the St. Louis mo area. Hope to hear from you soon!

It was great to have you here. Welcome. I'm new as well. I have a question for you if you don't mind. How do you feel about being an interpreter for High School?

Who says she's an interpreter in High School? Topic says she's teaching ASL in High School.

I'm excited to teach asl. I will be teaching 3 classes of level one signing. I am finding it difficult to find resources as deaf culture and sign language materials seem to be scarce. I am very slightly hard of hearing but got interested in learning sign language when I was in middle school and took continuing Ed classes and then attended a couple of summer camps for hard of hearing and the deaf which I loved. Feel free to ask any more questions.

I'm excited to teach asl. I will be teaching 3 classes of level one signing. I am finding it difficult to find resources as deaf culture and sign language materials seem to be scarce. I am very slightly hard of hearing but got interested in learning sign language when I was in middle school and took continuing Ed classes and then attended a couple of summer camps for hard of hearing and the deaf which I loved. Feel free to ask any more questions.
:welcome:

It seems odd that you're having a hard time finding resources, especially in the era of the internet.

Are you qualified to teach ASL?

ASLTA | American Sign Language Teachers Association

Agreeing with Reba!

I'm also a bit puzzled that there aren't any Deaf/Hoh (or CODA) ASLTA certified teachers able to teach ...

Back