Hi from the sunrise side of MI

chucky69

Reaction score
Hi All!

Just a quick Intro.;

I found this site- quite by accident. I was researching hearing impairments/truck driving a few nites ago, and this site, well- actually a topic (lol), happened to show-up in a Google search.

Cruised around the various topics/forums- and liked what I saw- so I signed-up 2day.

I am married (20 yrs already! :jaw: - lol)w/ one grown daughter, and one @ home yet.

I am a unemployed local truck driver @ the moment, with thoughts that I will have to get my Class A CDL and go OTR b4 Winter. That is ...... "IF"- I can pass the physical for the hearing part @ some trucking Cos.
But I have a tendency to over-worry to begin w/ anyways!

My hearing problems consist of the following;
1) The inner-ear bone in my L. ear is not positioned correctly, which leads to .....
2) I have @ least 90% hearing loss in that ear,
3) Tinnitus in both ears- mostly low2Moderate range.
4) R. ear was- untill a few yrs ago, almost a-ok. But know that has even slipped, to the point where I - "Should", be wearing an aid. But between the cost, and I only have no more than 40% hearing loss (my estimation) in that ear - I think I can do for now, without one.

So (4 now) that's my story- and I'm stickin' to it!
(lol)

-charles

Hello :):)

Good luck with Class and pass the physical ;):)

Hi, Charles. Being from Michigan myself I certainly understand the whole unemployment/layoff crisis we are experiencing. Our economy really blows right now. Nice to meet you and look forward to gettin to know you!

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. I surely hope you enjoy reading and posting all the threads here. Have fun with us. I know you are use to hearing normal sounds but when you lose your hearing it is not the same as what you hear normally. Now you are going to have to get use to hearing no sound if that is what your 90% hearing loss is. Being late deafend is hard to accept but that is what you have to learn how to cope with it every day of your life. Just don't worry we will help you get through all the threads that you can post in. Take one day at a time. See you around. :wave:

15f59ur.gif

Welcome to AD and I hope you enjoy the stay with us and happy posting away! :)

Hello and :welcome: to AD! Enjoy your way around this interesting site. :)

Welcome enjoy your time here, there are some really nice people on here. Been all over MI a few times, a beautiful state!

Back