Hey everyone..

letu know i am doing ok but very sore and hurt.. so take it easy around here.. and most important rest.. will see dr in 1 week.. i hate being in bed cuz of i habit clean and do something but i cant do anything ugh.. no heavy lifting too.. grrr.. so my hubby is so sweet, he bought me tweetybird with dance and sing, movie name hairspray * i already wanna that* finally i got my own.. hehe.. cant wait watch today.. smiles..

A friend of mine had her gallbladder removal. It causes by eating grease food from fast food.

We need to avoid grease food for our health's sake.

well my dr say dont know what cause people got gallbladder stone so it ANYTHING cause alike foods or drinks or stress.. cant tell what cause..

Sweet! :) Just rest a lot then you'll recover quickly!!!!

:hug:

letu know i am doing ok but very sore and hurt.. so take it easy around here.. and most important rest.. will see dr in 1 week.. i hate being in bed cuz of i habit clean and do something but i cant do anything ugh.. no heavy lifting too.. grrr.. so my hubby is so sweet, he bought me tweetybird with dance and sing, movie name hairspray * i already wanna that* finally i got my own.. hehe.. cant wait watch today.. smiles..

I'm glad that your surgery went well. Take it easy. :)

well my dr say dont know what cause people got gallbladder stone so it ANYTHING cause alike foods or drinks or stress.. cant tell what cause..

You are right, it's not always just greasy food as my grandma had them all the time and ate healthy... it's sometimes to do with the water as she had hard water in country so she use to boil the water to drink it. Also genetic as well and sometimes not drinking enough water or change of diet.

Hope you all the godspeed you need to get well...

sorry I was late posting haven't been here for awhile. Technology today to remove gallbladder is simplier by using laser and quicker to heal than it was over 2o years ago which my mom had hers done and had a LONG LONG cut from below breast to the belly button.

Hey Tweetybird and your husband and for others to read.

What causes gallstones?

Scientists believe cholesterol stones form when bile contains too much cholesterol, too much bilirubin, or not enough bile salts, or when the gallbladder does not empty completely or often enough. The reason these imbalances occur is not known.

The cause of pigment stones is not fully understood. The stones tend to develop in people who have liver cirrhosis, biliary tract infections, or hereditary blood disorders—such as sickle cell anemia—in which the liver makes too much bilirubin.

The mere presence of gallstones may cause more gallstones to develop. Other factors that contribute to the formation of gallstones, particularly cholesterol stones, include

Sex. Women are twice as likely as men to develop gallstones. Excess estrogen from pregnancy, hormone replacement therapy, and birth control pills appears to increase cholesterol levels in bile and decrease gallbladder movement, which can lead to gallstones.

Family history. Gallstones often run in families, pointing to a possible genetic link.

Weight. A large clinical study showed that being even moderately overweight increases the risk for developing gallstones. The most likely reason is that the amount of bile salts in bile is reduced, resulting in more cholesterol. Increased cholesterol reduces gallbladder emptying. Obesity is a major risk factor for gallstones, especially in women.

Diet. Diets high in fat and cholesterol and low in fiber increase the risk of gallstones due to increased cholesterol in the bile and reduced gallbladder emptying.

Rapid weight loss. As the body metabolizes fat during prolonged fasting and rapid weight loss—such as “crash diets”—the liver secretes extra cholesterol into bile, which can cause gallstones. In addition, the gallbladder does not empty properly.

Age. People older than age 60 are more likely to develop gallstones than younger people. As people age, the body tends to secrete more cholesterol into bile.

Ethnicity. American Indians have a genetic predisposition to secrete high levels of cholesterol in bile. In fact, they have the highest rate of gallstones in the United States. The majority of American Indian men have gallstones by age 60. Among the Pima Indians of Arizona, 70 percent of women have gallstones by age 30. Mexican American men and women of all ages also have high rates of gallstones.

Cholesterol-lowering drugs. Drugs that lower cholesterol levels in the blood actually increase the amount of cholesterol secreted into bile. In turn, the risk of gallstones increases.

Diabetes. People with diabetes generally have high levels of fatty acids called triglycerides. These fatty acids may increase the risk of gallstones.

(Didn't your doctor give you information in detail about gallstones and all about it?)

Hey Tweetybird and your husband and for others to read.

What causes gallstones?

Scientists believe cholesterol stones form when bile contains too much cholesterol, too much bilirubin, or not enough bile salts, or when the gallbladder does not empty completely or often enough. The reason these imbalances occur is not known.

The cause of pigment stones is not fully understood. The stones tend to develop in people who have liver cirrhosis, biliary tract infections, or hereditary blood disorders—such as sickle cell anemia—in which the liver makes too much bilirubin.

The mere presence of gallstones may cause more gallstones to develop. Other factors that contribute to the formation of gallstones, particularly cholesterol stones, include

Sex. Women are twice as likely as men to develop gallstones. Excess estrogen from pregnancy, hormone replacement therapy, and birth control pills appears to increase cholesterol levels in bile and decrease gallbladder movement, which can lead to gallstones.

Family history. Gallstones often run in families, pointing to a possible genetic link.

Weight. A large clinical study showed that being even moderately overweight increases the risk for developing gallstones. The most likely reason is that the amount of bile salts in bile is reduced, resulting in more cholesterol. Increased cholesterol reduces gallbladder emptying. Obesity is a major risk factor for gallstones, especially in women.

Diet. Diets high in fat and cholesterol and low in fiber increase the risk of gallstones due to increased cholesterol in the bile and reduced gallbladder emptying.

Rapid weight loss. As the body metabolizes fat during prolonged fasting and rapid weight loss—such as “crash diets”—the liver secretes extra cholesterol into bile, which can cause gallstones. In addition, the gallbladder does not empty properly.

Age. People older than age 60 are more likely to develop gallstones than younger people. As people age, the body tends to secrete more cholesterol into bile.

Ethnicity. American Indians have a genetic predisposition to secrete high levels of cholesterol in bile. In fact, they have the highest rate of gallstones in the United States. The majority of American Indian men have gallstones by age 60. Among the Pima Indians of Arizona, 70 percent of women have gallstones by age 30. Mexican American men and women of all ages also have high rates of gallstones.

Cholesterol-lowering drugs. Drugs that lower cholesterol levels in the blood actually increase the amount of cholesterol secreted into bile. In turn, the risk of gallstones increases.

Diabetes. People with diabetes generally have high levels of fatty acids called triglycerides. These fatty acids may increase the risk of gallstones.

(Didn't your doctor give you information in detail about gallstones and all about it?)

yea i have a book of gallstones and i read it and they say dont know why how cause people got this, "what cause?" the dr is mean that dr say cant tell WHAT EXCALTY cause people got this? cant tell it.. that what i say first place in reply above.. i say ANYTHING cause it..

You are right, it's not always just greasy food as my grandma had them all the time and ate healthy... it's sometimes to do with the water as she had hard water in country so she use to boil the water to drink it. Also genetic as well and sometimes not drinking enough water or change of diet.

Hope you all the godspeed you need to get well...

sorry I was late posting haven't been here for awhile. Technology today to remove gallbladder is simplier by using laser and quicker to heal than it was over 2o years ago which my mom had hers done and had a LONG LONG cut from below breast to the belly button.

yea that what dr told me abt cut long long ouch.. but now laser simple.. thanks god.. that okay u dont have post all the time but u just pray for me.. smiles..

yea i have a book of gallstones and i read it and they say dont know why how cause people got this, "what cause?" the dr is mean that dr say cant tell WHAT EXCALTY cause people got this? cant tell it.. that what i say first place in reply above.. i say ANYTHING cause it..

Yeah I know that your doctor doesn't know what caused you to get gallstones. I just wanted to post just in case you don't have information about it. Good luck on your speedy recovery by the way.

Yeah I know that your doctor doesn't know what caused you to get gallstones. I just wanted to post just in case you don't have information about it. Good luck on your speedy recovery by the way.

yea that ok for u put post.. :) thanks for share with us!

A friend of mine had her gallbladder removal. It causes by eating grease food from fast food.

We need to avoid grease food for our health's sake.

Well, that wasn't the reason why I had mine removed. the cause of gallbladder stones was from losing a lot of weight quickly or starvation diet, this is what it stated on my medical record.

yea that what dr told me abt cut long long ouch.. but now laser simple.. thanks god.. that okay u dont have post all the time but u just pray for me.. smiles..

I dunno anything about long cut, I had mine done back in 1996, I have three small cuts on the right side of my stomach, Most gallbladders are removed by laparoscopic cholecystectomy and under anesthesia.

When I first had gallbladder stones back in 1992, the doctor gave me oral medication to dissolve the stones, but it came back after my second son was born in 1995. The pains were horrible, it was almost like I'm going through childbirth again. Urgg.

Here's some pictures of what a gallbladder stones look like. Gall Stone Cleanse

Tweetyie, you're going to be sore for at least 2 weeks or so, I know how it feels not being able to do much around the house, but I did anyways. and my family thought I was nuts LOL.

Glad you're ok, get plenty of rest. :hug:

the long cut that my mom had done was from back in late 70's or early 80's, today is alot better using laser and less cut.. smile

the long cut that my mom had done was from back in late 70's or early 80's, today is alot better using laser and less cut.. smile

Ah, now that's reminds me, my "real" mom who had caesarean section back in 70's was long cut, my friend had hers back in 80's was a small cut, but when I had mine in 1990, it's a long cut, very werid. I guess it's depends on the doctor? hmm :dunno:

I dunno anything about long cut, I had mine done back in 1996, I have three small cuts on the right side of my stomach, Most gallbladders are removed by laparoscopic cholecystectomy and under anesthesia.

When I first had gallbladder stones back in 1992, the doctor gave me oral medication to dissolve the stones, but it came back after my second son was born in 1995. The pains were horrible, it was almost like I'm going through childbirth again. Urgg.

Here's some pictures of what a gallbladder stones look like. Gall Stone Cleanse

Tweetyie, you're going to be sore for at least 2 weeks or so, I know how it feels not being able to do much around the house, but I did anyways. and my family thought I was nuts LOL.

Glad you're ok, get plenty of rest. :hug:
yea i had laser surgery alike yours.. yea thats right dr say heal in 1 week but no heavy lifting for 2 weeks yike.. i hate being in bed LOL! if i do this then my hubby will growling at me.. *giggle* but take easy on it.. i will see dr next week.. also dr say cant count how many i have stones cuz of too many many small stones i was surprise so will find out next week abt stones i will ask dr more qq.. maybe i had it long time inside who know.. cuz of i noticed 3 or 4 yrs that i had drain out from my belly that from stones??? so i will ask dr abt that.. i just wonder..

I been sick since thursday and last sunday i went ER and found out that i have gallbladder stone so i went dr this morning and he say that i have gallbladder stone lot inside and cant tell how many inside but after surgery will tell me how many inside so tmw at 1pm my hubby take me there hospital and get ready before 3pm start surgery.. so just pray for me.. i am nerves abt this...

Yea, sorry I was catching up the news yea, my granny had it twice times but she was much better after surgery also I had gallbladder after three months of my twins born.. So I hope u r doing alright so far!

Back