Hey all...it's been a while....

mizwytch

Reaction score
Just wanted to say glad to be back. It's been a rough and rocky road for a long while now...and it's still looking a bit bumpy for a while to come. The reason I have been gone for so long it that my husband had a stroke a while ago...it's been a little over a month or so now. He is still recovering, but is still weak and has a hard time using his right side now. This on top of getting hit by a careless bimbo who thought texting whoever was more important than watching what she was doing when making a left hand turn at a busy intersection when the light was red and the crosswalk sign was on. His left shoulder rotator cuff is torn and will not heal without surgery. He also has 2 aneurysms in his brain. So things are pretty tough right now. In any case...we are still hanging tough and holding on.

Wishing a quick recovery for your husband with strength and endurance for you both along the way.

Thanks y'all. I've missed being on here. It's gotten harder to interact with him because I can't hear and he has a hard time writing now...and I'm not very good at lip reading as of yet.:doh:

Thanks y'all. I've missed being on here. It's gotten harder to interact with him because I can't hear and he has a hard time writing now...and I'm not very good at lip reading as of yet.:doh:

Welcome back, mizwytch! I have a suggestion that may be of help to you in your newly found predicament.

Create a home language between the 2 of you with eye movements as replies.

ie: blink once = yes; blink twice = no etc. You could use various variations such as moving eyes to the left or right, up or down. That kind of thing. Anything that your husband has the mobility with.

All the best.

I'm very sorry that life has been so rough for your family lately. I hope things get better for you soon. :hug:

Thanks for letting us know what happened.

Welcome back, mizwytch! I have a suggestion that may be of help to you in your newly found predicament.

Create a home language between the 2 of you with eye movements as replies.

ie: blink once = yes; blink twice = no etc. You could use various variations such as moving eyes to the left or right, up or down. That kind of thing. Anything that your husband has the mobility with.

All the best.

Thanks for the ideas. We are slowly working on setting up some sort of communication that works for both of us. He can talk...I just can't hear anymore. We had been communicating by him writing on a note pad or via an IM...but he has a problem writing right now...even typing...*sigh*...it's just taking time.

I'm very sorry that life has been so rough for your family lately. I hope things get better for you soon. :hug:

Thanks for letting us know what happened.

Thank you Reba. :ty: I hang on to the positive...it helps.

Sorry to hear about your hubby and of the difficulties you've been going through. Hope things will get better sometime soon!

Sorry to hear about your hubby and of the difficulties you've been going through. Hope things will get better sometime soon!

:ty: *yawn* I've been up for almost 15 hours now...I think I'm going to have to crash here shortly y'all. My sleep schedule is all buggered up. I'm up all night, sleeping from around 10-12 till about 6 or 7 in the evening. It's a bitch trying to get it sorted too...I'm NOT good at fighting sleep and staying up when I finally get tired. :zzz:

Ohh, I'm so sorry! Sending lots of positive thoughts down your way.

Oh no. Beclak has an excellent tips.

I am so sorry. Let me send you tons of positive vibes and thoughts you way.

I am sorry! Hope your husband will get a well soon!

I am very sorry about your husband. Wishes for a full recovery. :(

:wave::aw: mizwytch,
am sorry to read about the challenges you're facing; we are having similar:hug:
I'll be thinking of you...
glad you're back:aw:

Thanks for the ideas. We are slowly working on setting up some sort of communication that works for both of us. He can talk...I just can't hear anymore. We had been communicating by him writing on a note pad or via an IM...but he has a problem writing right now...even typing...*sigh*...it's just taking time.

My suggestion was meaning mostly by means of visual communication with minimal need for movement. I was thinking it could work for the both of you in mind. :D

Back