help stop the bully

darn it... first two "11" didn't show up... I guess I should type lot slower

How can I tell my parents to stop teasing me like about my slowness? Anytime they teased me, they would tell me to get over it or I am just teasing. Also, one of parent would look at me as he trying to take my food slowly and a smirk smile. I am adult and I am not sure to how to speak up. I am afraid to tell them how I feel because I am worried their responses would be.

How can I tell my parents to stop teasing me like about my slowness? Anytime they teased me, they would tell me to get over it or I am just teasing. Also, one of parent would look at me as he trying to take my food slowly and a smirk smile. I am adult and I am not sure to how to speak up. I am afraid to tell them how I feel because I am worried their responses would be.

How old are you?

amc, I'm not sure what your exact situation is. but the answer is really going to depend on you and your willingness to stand up for yourself. It's sad that parents sometimes do not teach their kids how to stand up for themselves, so then you have to figure it out on your own. Find someone that you can confide in that can witness the actions and help you to see it from an outside view. maybe you need help identifying what is a good teasing and what is a bad teasing. Then learn some strategy for both situations. When it's a good teasing, its best to tease them right back. But when it's a bad teasing, it's best to put a stop to it right away.

It kind of embarrassing. 30.

Don't feel embarrassed. Up until the day my father died at age 90, I was under his control. I mean, he would bark at me and I would fight the urge to stand at attention and salute. :)

Back