Hello!

Freya

Reaction score
Hello!

I'm Freya, I'm in my 20s and I'm from Germany. Almost deaf since birth. I was looking for answers about some questions I had on my mind so I thought I might ask them here in this forum.

I don't know though where exactly in this forum I could ask them. I would like to ask about deaf or hard of hearing people with Aspergers. As a newbie here - can I just create a new topic? I used the search function and I think there have been some topics about it... but I'm not sure...

Anyways it's nice to meet you all! :)

Welcome.

Sure you can do whatever with your post and create a thread. Enjoy

big hello.....are you fluent in german sign language?

Thank you! :)

are you fluent in german sign language?

I can sign but I'm not very good at understanding it from others I don't know. My mother who is deaf is the only person with whom I sign. :aw:

i see. do you wish to connect with other Deaf in germany to maybe become fluent?

Welcome Freya :wave:
Language germany is so very complicate!
How you can learn that?

Thank you everyone. Danke! :ty:

Welcome Freya :wave:
Language germany is so very complicate!
How you can learn that?

I don't think it's so complicated after all.
You just need the will to learn it. If you got the will, you just start at zero. First basics, then simple sentences... the more you understand how the language works, the further you can advance.

However I'm aware it's often easier said than done. I'm a language geek so to me it's very easy to absorb anything.
I know a bit Romanian, too. Salut, eu sunt Freya. :)

Hey Freya! Glad to see another European on the here. I've been to Germany quite a few times and would love to go back soon. Look forward to talking to you and seeing you around the forum :D

Thank you everyone. Danke! :ty:

I don't think it's so complicated after all.
You just need the will to learn it. If you got the will, you just start at zero. First basics, then simple sentences... the more you understand how the language works, the further you can advance.

However I'm aware it's often easier said than done. I'm a language geek so to me it's very easy to absorb anything.
I know a bit Romanian, too. Salut, eu sunt Freya. :)

You are a girl smart,very smart!:D
Where you got learn romanian?From tv,or your friends ?
Have you id skype,for more talk? :)

Nope, I just wanted to know how Romanian works. It belongs to the Latin languages but it's sadly overlooked because Italian, Spanish, Portuguese and French are wide-spread so I read about it and picked up some words. :)

I don't have Skype, I'm sorry. Not comfortable with chatting. :aw:

Or other chat? Gmail? Or ? :) Why you feel incomfortable? :P
Romanian is same with spanish,italian and portuguese...depend of word.

I just don't like it. Sorry.

Yes, that's what I said. But because it's mostly spoken in Romania not many people know about it.

I dislike social networking sites.

I like exchanging mails. If you're still interested, you can still PN me. :)
Then I can take the time to think about how to answer.

Back