Hello to all

ScubaGuy

Reaction score
Hey everybody, :wave:

my name is Matt and I am from Northern NJ. I am hearing. I just graduated from RIT, major: IT minor: CJ and I almost have a certificate in Deaf Studies from NTID (2 more classes). I found this board a little while back and have kinda been lurking. I finally decided to join because I had some questions (to be posted in the correct forums) and I wanted to meet new people

I have been taking ASL for about a year and a half now and I do not want to let it go.

I meet somebody back in 7th grade at a roller rink who was deaf. Since then I have been interested in learning ASL. We needed a better way to communicate. The staff at the Rink was getting pissed we were using all the paper plates. But we both stoped going to the Rink. Once I got to RIT I decided to take some classes and have enjoyed it since. One day I saw him walking down the quarter mile. I couldn't believe it. We had a short coversation and we went our ways. Since then I have seen him once or twice.

Anywho I am glad to be here.

Thanks!
Matt

Hi Scuba guy! welcome to Alldeaf and enjoy reading and posting in here! Im sure you will have fun too! U gonna be a teacher or what? if you have any questions, ask away and we will try to answer your questions if we can!
:)

Defee,

thank you for the greeting. This summer I am actually going to the Caribbean to become a divemaster. I will be sailing around for about a month doing my studying and exams and also helping to teach teenagers how to dive. Should be a great summer!

I know you! We have met in the past. You had some great photographs.
Wow, good to see you again! PM me if you don't know who I am. I used to work in the same bookstore where you worked at. :)

Maybe I am wrong, but if I am wrong, sorry! Welcome to Alldeaf.com in any case!

ScubaGuy said:
Defee,

thank you for the greeting. This summer I am actually going to the Caribbean to become a divemaster. I will be sailing around for about a month doing my studying and exams and also helping to teach teenagers how to dive. Should be a great summer!
Wow! sounds like a lot of fun! Caribbean is a beautiful area! so you have fun and be careful too! Id throw them books away for the summer if i were you! haha, just kidding!...

ScubaGuy said:
Defee,

never mind, i already sent it but got a notice that it didnt go thru..thats weird. see my post above...

:wave: Matt ...

Welcome to AD and enjoy your stay! Have fun postin' with ADers! :mrgreen:

Hey Matt! Welcome to Alldeaf.com and enjoy all the postings! You'll have a blast laughing and crying with us. Heh. We're one big family, aren't we? :grouphug: :wave: Welcome, Matt!! :D

Welcome to AD! :thumb: Hope you've enjoyed 'lurking' in here and finally getting around to registering! :D

Cheers!

WEE another Scuba diver here! its great to see one joining... Myself i'm certificated advantace diver... living in minnesota... well been diving to lake superior before, and other lakes in minn.. yeah minn have more than 10,000 lakes :P

Anyway,
Welcome to AD.. enjoy your stay..

Back