Hello there !

Ritournelle

Reaction score
Hi everyone :)

My name's Juliette and I'm from France, so my apologies if I make any mistake somewhere ^^ I'm 20, learning foreign languages in the university and I'd like to teach French abroad, in an english-speaking country !

I was born with a hearing loss, but it went worse when I was a teenager. I have hearing aids now that help me a lot, but I still rely on lip reading and ST for the videos, even in French.
I could manage without learning LSF (french sign language) so I have never been taught but I wish I had learned it. And now with my boyfriend we're learning ASL (I watched Switched at Birth okay?) but I will certainly talk about that in the appropriate section :)

I don't really know what I expect here, but I thought it could be cool to chat with people that share the same challenges in their daily lives!

Welcome to allDeaf.
Why not learn french sign language? Do you know any french Deafies?
Anyway
Bonjoure....

Hi everyone :)

My name's Juliette and I'm from France, so my apologies if I make any mistake somewhere ^^ I'm 20, learning foreign languages in the university and I'd like to teach French abroad, in an english-speaking country !

I was born with a hearing loss, but it went worse when I was a teenager. I have hearing aids now that help me a lot, but I still rely on lip reading and ST for the videos, even in French.
I could manage without learning LSF (french sign language) so I have never been taught but I wish I had learned it. And now with my boyfriend we're learning ASL (I watched Switched at Birth okay?) but I will certainly talk about that in the appropriate section :)

I don't really know what I expect here, but I thought it could be cool to chat with people that share the same challenges in their daily lives!

:welcome: to AllDeaf Forum.

You can learn how to sign LSF in your country or if you prefer to travel to Quebec in Canada where they speak French or sign LSQ. It is never too late to learn how to sign French sign language. You have to find a Deaf class in France if you want to learn it.

But if you prefer oral only and want to teach speaking French language, then that is your choice. :hmm:

Hey, thanks everyone ?

Why ASL ? We just thought it would be fun haha. I already had learned a few things in the tv show, and we prefer English to French anyway. Plus we don't know any French deafies and it's really only for both of us, for the evenings when I want to switch off my hearing aids. So we only need simple stuff.
We don't really afford to take classes for LSF, it's way too expensive. And anyway, we're planning to settle in the US someday :)

Back