Hello everyone. i am new here

Ruby333

Reaction score
Hi, I am in the SF Bay Area. I am HOH since birth. I have many friends in the deaf community but I can not converse with them because I can not use ASL due to a brain fluke. I know sign lanuage but can not comprehend sign in pictures form (ASL). I can sign SEE but no one likes to use it or they do not know how since it is not common.

It is hard to be in the hearing world too because I can not hear in large groups, in resturants, in loud places and I get tired of lip reading when I can grasp it.

So I do not really belong in either group. I feel like I do not belong anywhere. It sucks. I am limited in social gatherings etc. So I thought I come to this website to see how others deal with socialization without ASL

Hi, I am in the SF Bay Area. I am HOH since birth. I have many friends in the deaf community but I can not converse with them because I can not use ASL due to a brain fluke. I know sign lanuage but can not comprehend sign in pictures form (ASL). I can sign SEE but no one likes to use it or they do not know how since it is not common.

It is hard to be in the hearing world too because I can not hear in large groups, in resturants, in loud places and I get tired of lip reading when I can grasp it.

So I do not really belong in either group. I feel like I do not belong anywhere. It sucks. I am limited in social gatherings etc. So I thought I come to this website to see how others deal with socialization without ASL
i understand i just became deaf after having seizures

Back