Hearings?

NKidd

Reaction score
Hey i am curious abt something, this is alldeaf right? how come there are some hearing members in here??? Nothing against them but i thought alldeaf is for deaf ppl only???? maybe i am wrong?

prostock19, and few are hearing in here but doesn't mean they aren't allowed here really they are still welcome here right guys? :)

There is no rule that says alldeaf is for deaf only. I am hearing but the original reason I came to alldeaf was because of all the deaf forums out there alldeaf had the youngest members. That helps me because I have a daughter who is deaf and I learn a lot reading all the posts about everybody's experiences growing up deaf.

bbnt said:
There is no rule that says alldeaf is for deaf only. I am hearing but the original reason I came to alldeaf was because of all the deaf forums out there alldeaf had the youngest members. That helps me because I have a daughter who is deaf and I learn a lot reading all the posts about everybody's experiences growing up deaf.

Ahh thats cool, I never thought of it that way. heh

plus there are hearies here who just simply like to hang out with other deafies or have relative, friends, partners who themselves are deaf and like to be involved in the community or another possibility that they are 'terp majors or career 'terps -- thats my other thought of why hearies join up on AD

The reason why I am is because of my ex-girlfriend, who is deaf (she is also a member here). Because of her, I met many great Deaf people. Because of that, I have taken a great interest in the Deaf community.

*coughs* yea sure? are you sure?
or just because.. go after *:deaf: pussies*....

Oops.. (runs and hides)..

hehe :nana:

LMAO!! :rofl: I think you're right, MsGiglz, I have had hearing people confess to me they like Deaf people better. :X Deafies are all action and no talking!!! Hubba-hubba!! :naughty:

MsGiglz said:
*coughs* yea sure? are you sure?
or just because.. go after *:deaf: pussies*....

Oops.. (runs and hides)..

hehe :nana:
OMG!!!! That is TOOOO FUNNY. I don't have a comment for that one.

bbnt said:

Hey, bbnt...never knew you were hearing! :shock: Kewlies...my husband did the same when he and I met online 6 years ago. He's hearing and he was joining deaf lists and chat rooms to learn about deafness and so forth due to his son being deaf.

:applause:

Although this site is targeted towards members of the deaf community, hearing people with open minds are certaintly welcome. The way I see it is: more awareness -> less ignorance.

Saline Eyes said:
Although this site is targeted towards members of the deaf community, hearing people with open minds are certaintly welcome. The way I see it is: more awareness -> less ignorance.

ITA! Everyone is entitled to post here is what I like about. :) I really appreciate that hearing people are open minded about deaf cultures very much!! ;)

Saline Eyes said:

:werd: i agree Saline Eyes!

Saline Eyes said:

I second Saline's comments! :) It's good to see hearing people joining AD as it shows that they're curious and open minded and wanting to learn about deafness and the deaf culture, the more understanding they have about us, the less ignorance. ;)

Back