hearing/deaf

Originally posted by BabyPhat21
I wonder...........I notice more oral people tend to lean towards hearing people but they can do both...

Also that Deaf people who only has ASL as their primary form of communication tend to go for Deaf people but I have noticed more Deaf girls and Hearing guys than Deaf guy and Hearing girls (except for one night stands/sex)

I dont know.....if it is true

I'm oral myself, and I still prefer deaf partner. :P

not matter with me hearing or deaf.. i get use with many hearing girls. deaf girl few times

I would perfer deaf to date with hearies just cuase nothing but headaches to teach to communicate freely and not be looked down on!

Originally posted by Amy
.......I'm married to a hearing man.. I love him dear but just wishes he was deaf or a pro on signing.........

i always ask my husband what his son say or what going on or what what what?? i just hate asking! when i was with a deaf man i didnt have to ask! i understood everything going on! I never miss out on anything!!!! it sure get lonely and miss my culture. my husband is not always a patient man.. welll he used to be! til we got married he changed.. been together for total of 3 yrs but married umm soon 2 yrs next few months.. well i love him but i would love to change him to being deaf! hahaha there is some day i wish im out of this relationship.. some day i cant imagine without him... ohhh well life is not always easy! :D

Amy, i cant help but think thats so unfair that he doesnt seem to understand how hard it is for us to live and communicate with normal hearing people.... One of my worst fears has been that people will be annoyed at me or impatient when I dont hear things. But they arent, There have been some, but I immediately tell them to bugger off if they cant be nice to me, and help me out a little.

Imagine what would change if your husband suddenly had something happen to him that made it just that little bit more difficult to do things that he used to find easy. like wheelchair. or blind..or DEAF

Or even, WHAT IF he suddenly had to rely on you to help him do something!?? I bet you anything he'd be more understanding and patient with you. I think you need to talk to him, make sure he understands what yr dealing with when he doesnt help you out or use sign....

good luck!;)

dont matter to me as long the communication is fine, cuz I am hoh, can use voice and signs

Originally posted by pimpdaddyposse
it doesn't matter hearing or deaf but I highly prefer deaf cuz hearing has no patience...

thats not totally true....because im hearing and i have patience when it comes to signing. Ive had a few deaf girlfriends. some of them were the best i ever had, gf wise not sex. i wouldn't say i prefer one over the other. it really depends on the girl. i know a few girls would never even talk to me because im hearing. actually a lot of people period, man or woman wouldn't talk to me because im hearing, so ive learned to just keep my mouth shut, so to speak, about me being hearing until they get to know me. ive been signing since i was 7 and im almost 21 now so thats about almost 14 years. and ive been around, grown up with deaf people and the community all my life. so it really depends on the person. not all hearing people are ignorant. anyway, doesn't matter hearing or deaf for me. just depends on the girl

I did try for hearing lady and not seem right.... I had deaf ladies and make me feel like I am their MOM.. shessh! I would like to see my lover to be respect me better than me being MOM! LOL I had deaf boyfriend in high school and we workout just FINE but hearing boy I grew up was soooo STUBBORN. I think deaf is best! Hearing ppl should work on our deaf community little better. shessh!

importantly, the communication comes first.....

i used to date/have casual relationship with deaf guys before. they were so sweet, well-educated, and nice guys, because the communication, common sense, sense of humor, being role model, and personality are important keywords to me than making judgment about between deaf and hearing person. it must be someone really special. however, it depends on what kind of person you prefer to feel comfortable with, because i know many deaf people have their concerns about the small world. i know how they feel. sometimes, i do, too. but i have to be careful. right now, i've been seeing an hearie one lately. many deaf people thought that i looked an hearing person, but not. they even thought that my hearie one was deaf, but not. that's funny about the opposite of us. hee hee hee

I think that it doesn't matter. I used to go out with hearing guys. And it's rare to find intelligent deaf guys. But it doesn't matter. Communication is part of importance in every relationships, right?

I prefer to have deaf partner to communicate with me easier. Sometimes, it is hard to find a deaf partner but lucky, I met my man, who was from Oregon for his vacation time in Denver, Colorado and met me here in Denver. I used to date one hearing guy and we used to communicate through emails and AIM. We met each other twice at dance club. He left me without letting me know that we were not working out. What a IDIOT GUY!!!

my gf is hearing but she is doing very good at sign language. She is goal to be interputer. it is my first time sweetheart with her. First the time I feel so hard to trust her because almost time hearing is dump me for no reason cuz of deaf. that is why i dont want hurt me again. I was test with her sometime.. but she is really show me a LOVE wow i did not expect that one kind. So i start to fall in love with her forever. we together about 2 year and 6 month that is not bad.

Originally posted by bbnt
I am hearing but I have been asked if I would ever date a deaf woman and my reply was " There would be no difference for me as far as dating deaf or hearing women because I don't understand hearing women either
:crazy: :crazy: all of us (women) are that bad...

Well, obviously there aren't many, if any, wrong answers....just whatever fits/floats your boat.....

Hmm Hearing or deaf relationship? Its a little different for me. I like to talk with deaf friends by using sign language, but when I am around with Hearings, I often turn off my sign language and speak. I like dating hearing guys because I get to have some time to improve my english and speaking. Right now I am not in a relationship but I am dating this guy who is hearing, and he likes to tease me by using weird or stupid sign language, it doesn't really bothers me but I like to laugh. We mostly talk.

It don't matter to me as long the girl is hot. LOL
But seriously, deaf girls are easier to work with than hearing girls because the foundation is already there for a good relationship

I just lost my hearing lover due she cant communicate.

bbnt said:
I am hearing but I have been asked if I would ever date a deaf woman and my reply was " There would be no difference for me as far as dating deaf or hearing women because I don't understand hearing women either

The person i was with was hearing she couldnt communicate, just talk to me I am hard of hearing see.. but she had a problem with herself not my fault..it had nothing to do with sign language.
deaftarot42

It does not matter to me as long as there is communication between me and a girl. Just show your heart to this person. Things will work out as well.

Back