Hearie Jokes

If you really consider it inappropriate I'll take it down, from what I've seen so far you all are more polite then most of us.

Just let me know and I'll take it down.

I see it as from a hearing point of view, that we are not good at being honest or at handling honesty

There was nothing bad said on either side. However, the implication is there. That deaf people aren't as polite. Which can actually be true. I don't see it as appropriate for a hearing joke thread, though. Which very much tells me a lot.
It is a joke! I do not think the post is offensive. It is part of Deaf Culture.

There was nothing bad said on either side. However, the implication is there. That deaf people aren't as polite. Which can actually be true. I don't see it as appropriate for a hearing joke thread, though. Which very much tells me a lot.
My take was that the hearie's talk too much and the deaf get to the point.

I'm pretty much you all have brilliant jokes about us hearie people.

Anyone want to share any?
I don't think most people Deaf have enough interest in hearing to make them joke subjects.
Deaf jokes revolve around deaf, even deaf trees.

I don't think most people Deaf have enough interest in hearing to make them joke subjects.
Deaf jokes revolve around deaf, even deaf trees.

I'm also intrested in those :)
But maybe we need a different thread for them. Are there any active jokes threads?

I apologize if I seemed over-sensitive. It seems like the latest posts I'm not the majority so maybe I overreacted.

I'm familiar with that comic strip- It's drawn by a Deaf guy...but this one is kind of interesting... AC is right though it kind of paints a too broad picture of Deaf people- while it may be true not all are on that level.

A video on a "joke" that was done on a class of mainly hearing kids, in reaction to a Law that has been pushed through in Belgium promoting inclusion. I don't agree with the motion that has been passed so, I will not comment on it. I just liked the movie.

Back