Hearie Howdy From Oklahoma!!!

Chewie

Reaction score
I'm a new "hearie" from Oklahoma with lots of questions - some are very specific and some - I just want to know more about the deaf culture and where I can fit in.
I know about three signs (although that is how I found your site - looking for info on ASL vs. SEE)...I have an undergrad degree in Speech-Language Pathology and had intentions on becoming an Audiologist...well i never finished that and I still kick myself sometimes.
I am sure just that last sentence turned many of you off from talking to me - I debated whether to put it in there or not...
I don;t even know what I am saying.

Hello - hope I hear from some folks!

w2c5fk.jpg

At AllDeaf!

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. Hearie like you have a lot to learn about Deaf Culture and ASL plus our frustrating experiences into the hearing world which we have tried to understand with lipreading but was unsuccessful. Communicating is very important with ASL to help clarify ourselves to better understand what hearing people say. If they do not use ASL and to please write down on papers to communicate with Deaf people. Anyway, I hope you enjoy reading and posting all the threads here. Have fun with us. See you around. :wave:

Back