Healthy Thanksgiving food

VacationGuy234

Reaction score
I may try this stuffing recipe:

Whole Grain Stuffing | Fat Fighter TV

I'm always on the lookout for the healthy stuff. I'll be going with the white turkey meat and low to fat free gravy along with a good bottle of Chardonnay.

And, for desert, a whole wheat cinnamon/nutmeg apple wrap.

I tell ya, I live like a King.

you so lucky in states do pumkin pie,i thought that was thanks giving thing

Let me know how does it taste like.

I do not believe in having healthy thanksgiving becuase its THANKSGIVING to share the DAMN good greasey food and rich dessert and sour sweet bitter drinks. :drool: I know that sucks when thanksgiving is over then i will have to do all over again with heathly food that is not special occassion month or so. :ugh3:

Well, to be fair I don't have to eat healthy on Thanksgiving, but it is fun and I don't feel any regret.

To be honest, some of my healthy stuff taste better. Once you stop eating all the processed foods, they don't taste the same.

Case in point, New England Fried Clams will throw you for a loop if you are not used to all the fat.

what about christmas

Xmas isn't usually traditional in such a broad sense. Most families and cultures have individual traditions.

I could give healthy Italian like spaghetti with shrimp in a red sauce recipe, but basically, there are too many different traditional dinners on Xmas.

To eat healthy turkey, you better buy Plainville Turkey. Sure, it may cost 50 Dollars but the reason for this cost is it IS far healthiest turkey around. No anti-biotics, no chemicals added, etc. Purely clean turkeys raised in Plainville, NY near Syracuse, NY! There are turkeys left in grocery stores if you can find them or find them on the net for Christmas. Check out www.plainvillefarms.com

We had Plainville Turkey for Thanksgiving and oh! It was SO delicious! Really good! Not like other brands.

If you want Plainville check the website. If any of you are nearby Central NY, check Price Chopper and I am sure Wegmans have them. Check them out!

Wirelessly posted

I am with FF, it's tough to be 100% healthy on Thanksgiving. I loved eating all the good food . I am healthy eater all year round and take one day or should I say two days out of the year , including Christmas is when I go for it lol

Last edited:
To eat healthy turkey, you better buy Plainville Turkey. Sure, it may cost 50 Dollars but the reason for this cost is it IS far healthiest turkey around. No anti-biotics, no chemicals added, etc. Purely clean turkeys raised in Plainville, NY near Syracuse, NY! There are turkeys left in grocery stores if you can find them or find them on the net for Christmas. Check out www.plainvillefarms.com

We had Plainville Turkey for Thanksgiving and oh! It was SO delicious! Really good! Not like other brands.

If you want Plainville check the website. If any of you are nearby Central NY, check Price Chopper and I am sure Wegmans have them. Check them out!

Oh yea, I buy from Plainville. It is the best and the turkey sausages are really good too.

Wirelessly posted

I am with FF, it's tough to be 100% healthy on Thanksgiving. I loved eating all the good food . I am healthy eater all year round and take one day or should I say two days out of the year , including Christmas is when I go for it lol

For me, every holiday i eat JUNKIE food, Oh included summer time, Oh yes included my birthday. I eat junk food. :ugh3: :o

Well, to be fair I don't have to eat healthy on Thanksgiving, but it is fun and I don't feel any regret.

To be honest, some of my healthy stuff taste better. Once you stop eating all the processed foods, they don't taste the same.

Case in point, New England Fried Clams will throw you for a loop if you are not used to all the fat.

So, how was it? Mines soo good. all fat stuffing and it was good. :)

I did a slightly different version of it and it did come out good. I used Smart Balance butter and added more mushrooms and celary. We had both regular and low fat stuffing.

As far as junk food, I had Lipton Onion Dip with Fat Free Greek Yogurt.

Happy Birthday. What junk food did you have?

I did a slightly different version of it and it did come out good. I used Smart Balance butter and added more mushrooms and celary. We had both regular and low fat stuffing.

As far as junk food, I had Lipton Onion Dip with Fat Free Greek Yogurt.

Happy Birthday. What junk food did you have?

junk food i eat everything pretty much. LOL

I don't really care what's healthy and what's not healthy. Thanksgiving (and Christmas) come once a year and I'm gonna eat what I want. :)

This year for Thanksgiving, I had smoked turkey, cooked turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, corn, and rolls. :)

Back