Have you noticed that all hotels do not have floor number 13??

Originally posted by e
What's up with silly thing about 13 being bad luck to buildings? Do anyone knows true stories about 13th floors? If someone knows, then prove the stories why it's true! I think it's silly and I lived in apt # 113.

haha #113 is different than 13 =) well - i'm not exactly sure how it happened. everybody has the different stories, ya know so we can't know for sure. from what i've heard - a lady got beaten to death. and another one someone pushed a man fell off from one of 13th floor windows in the SAME room where the woman got beaten.

Plenty. Tridecaphobia, fear of the number 13, is one of the most common superstitions. Even horror writer Stephen King is said to get the shivers about that two-digit number -- one three. He's not alone. Fact is, airplanes usually don't have a 13th aisle and most tall buildings are missing a 13th floor.
All this is said to date back to biblical times when Jesus invited the 12 apostles to the Last Supper. Judas (the traitor) was presumably unlucky #13. Because the crucifixion happened on a Friday, the number 13, especially combined with Friday, is still considered unlucky. In fact, the British Medical Journal has noted traffic studies show more accidents occur on Friday the 13th than Friday the 6th.

However, others believe that you create your own bad luck -- or better luck -- on Friday the 13th. If you focus on things going wrong, you probably won't be disappointed. If you believe it's going to be a great day, you'll probably be right.

Back