Have the Jehovah Witness people come to your door?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really never like JW.... When I was in HS my mom told me that JW stopped by at my mom's house and my mom told them that we are not interested in joining.... then they found out that there is a deaf girl living there which it was me.... They keep coming back and asked for me so one day my stepdad looked thru the peekhole and saw those jw people so he took his pants off and took a towel... then wrapped around him and opened the door... the jw said their names and blah blah .. he offered his hand to shake their hands and OOPS his towel was dropped down and they got embarrassed and left.... then ever since they never come back.....

what more I don't like JW cuz they don't celebrate holidays even birthdays..... A woman that we know for a long time decided to convented into JW.... her daughter was only seven years old and now she cannot celebrate her birthdays at all she was so confused and depressed and she almost killed herself when she was 8 years old..... so the CPS took her out and put her with her other relatives... I think it is wrong to push your kids at those ages into becoming JW cuz it'll confuse them most !!!

Originally posted by SilenceGold
lmao..

I should do that too...but I'm more worried about Lisa gettin' bad ideas of if I was really serious.

What if they did come in?

You better practice how to swing your pecker like Bean did. So, you can be prepare to defense yourself to keep JW ppl away from your door.

they came my house once, and i brought out my 18-inches long shotgun and shot the shit out of them

Originally posted by pimpdaddyposse
my parents doesn't know that I'm gay yet. If I tell them, I may be afraid to have no place to stay... so I wanna wait until go to Gally to tell them online and see what's their react so I will know if I want to come back home for vacation or never... I'm also afraid to tell my mother right now cuz she usually blabs a rumor even though it's a big/small deal or personality thing to JW ppl so I don't want JW ppl come storming in my mom's house and cussing at me... so I want to break the news to them online and not see their faces sobbing but rather hear their words...

BTW I'm :rofl: at all of the comments...

Sorry, I did not see this comment. pimpdaddyposse.

Oh wow... I do not know what I will react of either of my son tells me that he is a gay. I may freak out for while. I don't know what else I will say. Wish you a good Luck. Pimp

by the way, we will be visiting Gallaudet between Aug 3rd to 9th. When will you be at Gally?

Sabrina

Originally posted by Sabrina
Sorry, I did not see this comment. pimpdaddyposse.

Oh wow... I do not know what I will react of either of my son tells me that he is a gay. I may freak out for while. I don't know what else I will say. Wish you a good Luck. Pimp

by the way, we will be visiting Gallaudet between Aug 3rd to 9th. When will you be at Gally?

Sabrina
I have to be at Gallaudet for New Student Orientation on August 17 but it's a possibly I fly earlier to stay with my aunt until Gally time...

I have had several visits by JW's and everytime I'd just nod my head and take the booklets they had -- those 'Watchtower' crap. I also had a friend who converted to JW for several years and kept on preaching me about Christ and that I'd burn in hell if I didn't convert to JW soon. :roll:
But now, that friend's no longer with JW and has apologised to me for all the bible-thumping preaches she's thrown in my face in the last 7 years. Still, she's still into religion -- now a Christian and preaches me from time to time. I've already told her that I'm not interested in having bible-thumpers in my face about religion. She's left me alone about that part. :)

I don't see what the point of complainting about someone coming to your door to tell you about ' God ' or about their religion...all we can do is say, I believe in something else.....

It doesn't bother me at all , I had serveral Jehovah Witness at my door step serveral times a month and I just tell them I'm Christian and I believe in something else, of course they would give me a booklet and tell me a few things about what they believe in .....still I nodded, smiled and say ' Thanks for stopping by! ' .... :D

I just politely say, "I am a born-again Christian. Jesus Christ is my Savior. I will take some of your literature, IF it is free, and IF you take some of mine." They never accept the offer, and just leave. Simple, quiet, and true. :)

JW and LDS Missionary have come to my door. It doesn't bother me because I know it is part of their job to do that. LDS missionary spend 2 years of their lives doing mission work, and sometimes it is hard work. Ideally, should give them a glass of water or something, and just tell them that I am not interested in becoming a member of the LDS church. I thank them for doing their hard work and wish them a good day.

heh they're "advertising" people to get them into the religon, that's what their jobs are. I am NOT interested in it, they would come to my door and talk me into it, I would say I'm not interested and thanks for coming, and I don't give them my contact because they will keep coming to my door and nag me. That's how it goes, haven't had anyone who's JV or LDS or whatever come to my door since for more than 1 and half years here in my apt.

I am lucky that JW never stop by my house at all... I think they are try to brainwash deaf people into joining their religion because most deaf have low reading level (no offense)... I am smart enough to say no thanks. I heard from some friend of mine that if you are JW, and have sex with boyfriend/girlfriend then you are barred from their church for like 6 months. I wonder if its true. I have seen some JW church around in Twin Cities area while driving by.

I just start speaking in tongues which, of course, scares them away! LOL J/K I am patient with them in much the same way as some of you mentioned.....

I know alot of people are so frustrating with JW keep coming to their house. I am one of them. Two yrs ago, I didnt have the door bell light. I completely forgot abt them. Till I set up the door bell light last winter. The light went off and I went to the door. I saw JW standing there. I said to myself aww gawd, not now... So I couldnt tell them to stop. One friend who is a good friend of mine were there. So we chat about the bible blah blah. Then she and her person came over again and again. One day, she called me and I told her I am not going to listen anymore because my next door gave me bible for christmas and the mormon people show up within a few days apart. I had enuff. She shut up and will not bother me anymore. I thanked her. Months later, JW show up again with different people. I told them that I do not want them to bother me. So the woman said oh okay I'll remove your name from the list. I thanked her. The next day Mormon showed up. I told them I am deaf. They waved bye then left. The next day JW people show up, I told them the same thing. They left me alone. I havent heard from them since but when I was out. I came home and saw the booket stuck between my screen door. I grrr about it. They cannot give up what Ive told them. So from now on, if my doorbell light goes off. Ill peak the window to see whos at the door. hehe I did once. they gave up waiting and left.. :laugh2: I am bad! ;)

Lucky no JW stopped by my house.... I think that JW try to brainwash deafies because they take advantage of them.... I am not going to join that cult! I heard from a friend that If you are a JW and have sex, they find out then you are barred from the church for 6 months I think.. wonder if its true? It seems like JW are act like Amish People, they rather plain life!!!! no fun!!!!

racheleggert said:
I am lucky that JW never stop by my house at all... I think they are try to brainwash deaf people into joining their religion because most deaf have low reading level (no offense)... I am smart enough to say no thanks. I heard from some friend of mine that if you are JW, and have sex with boyfriend/girlfriend then you are barred from their church for like 6 months. I wonder if its true. I have seen some JW church around in Twin Cities area while driving by.

Well, I´m interesting to collect every reglious. I have few JW friends which they went same school as me. I accept what they are as they accept what I am. They know that I like to read bible story etc. They also know that I´m not interesting to join JW but they are not force me to do it. I was study with them over bible. I must say that their story are interesting. Of course I ask them alot of questions. They respond my questions honestly.

1. No sex before marriage.
It´s understandable if you was having sex before you join JW. They forgive you for that. "sinned"...

2. No divorce.
They will not speak you for 6 months if you are divorced.

3. They will not speak you for rest of life if you withdraw from JW reglious. They will forgive you & speak you again if you go back to JW reglious again.

4. No blood transfer from strangers.
They have to let their child die if they lost alot of blood. They demand special water to save their child life instead of blood.

5. No Christmas, Easter & Birthday present, also no parties because they beleive it belongs Satan. There´s long interesting discussion between me & them why there´re no parties etc. Should I post here? I don´t mind to tell you the story why they don´t celebrate xmas, easter, birthday etc.

JW are not only one who trying to brainwash people to join their religion but other regligions, too.

Honestly, it doesnt bother me if JW knock my door... I remember that Germans complaint about them so the court told JW to not do that but they are able to do something on the street only to ask people with magazine.. They stand outside at shopping mall to hold the magazine to make us to notice. Alot of people ignored them. They still carrying on like this for many years... oh dear. I would not stand outside during winter time... ggrrrhhhh.

racheleggert said:
Yes, that's true. The believe that deaf people are more easily brainwashed to do things so deafies are their main targets. I think I posted here earlier about it. A friend of mind found out that one of their guys went door to door using a complete listing of every deaf resident in the city of Rochester, New York. :eek:

Mine.. *hmmmm* Nope nothing happends to me..

If they knock my door and ask me about JW stuff.. I would say.. sorry, Im not interested.. More manners and polite them.. as long respect..

Only 1 block from my place (Across the road) that where is Christian Church.. why JW cares to come this property road zone area never came this area.. (interesting)

racheleggert said:

Yeah, it's true -- my friend who I mentioned in an earlier post -- she was barred from her JW church sessions because she had sex with a guy she was interested in and in the same church congregation. :roll:

Just this morning, I was in Dandenong having a walkabout in town when I was approached by an elderly lady -- she proceeded in shaking a pamphlet in my face and I caught the word, 'WatchTower' - I said no thanks, not interested and smiled at her politely.

I used to listen to JW's and accept to share Bible study with them as some of my cousins are JW, until my husband told me they are not welcome in our house as he strongly believe if I want to learn more about God, I should go to Kingdom Hall or any church not in our house, I agreed with him about it, and funny enough I don't have a time to go there as it is heavy pressure to attend Kingdom Hall for meeting, pray and assembly etc, they will look down on me if I miss one!

My husband believe Jehovah Witness pry on deaf people as easy target and I agreed with him since I learnt from JW that they keep a list of deaf residences and write a comment etc.

One Sunday morning at 6.00AM - yes SIX O'CLOCK - they came to knock our door, it makes my husband furious, and he went to answer the door saying "Leave me alone and I want to earn a quiet Sunday, not listen to your bible, FO" slamed the door hard.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back