Have anyone ever had an open relationship?

Oddball

Stay weird
Premium Member
Reaction score
It is not me wanting an open relationship. It could be married couple, bf/gf, or companions who are into open relationship. I am curious about pros and cons on open relationship. Or anyone on AD had experiences in open relationship. Like/Dislike. Debate!

To be frank, I think it's wrong, not only to mention that it's somewhere gross to share your spouse as if she's a toy with your friends or total strangers. What about STDs? Condoms don't always prevent that.

An marriage is about a commitment.

There is no such thing as an open marriage because people aren't committed to each other despite their legal status.

i don't do that either cuz who know can hurt each of people who is in the relationship

Maybe I'm naive but whats an "open" relationship? You talking about doing threesome while being married?

It is not me wanting an open relationship. It could be married couple, bf/gf, or companions who are into open relationship. I am curious about pros and cons on open relationship. Or anyone on AD had experiences in open relationship. Like/Dislike. Debate!

I once knew a guy whose's a bisexual and is in a relationship with a straight couple, it's weirdo but interesting

OP Something to avoid at all costs.....

Open marriages are fine if both participants don't lose sight of the objective....that is to have sex without a relationship with others outside of the marriage......but more often than not feelings ARE involved and thats when things can go horribly wrong. Wrong in the sense that the marriage is split.

I know...quite stupidly I agreed to an open relationship after nearly ten years of an ordinary one....it is more than apparent now that the partner concerned wanted out of our relationship as the first person he had an open affair with he left me for her and later married her too. My current partner also (at the instigation of a friend and his wife) tried this open marriage thing and the two wives became lovers leaving the two men out in the cold. The other man's grass is not always greener. :nono:

For someone seeking an open marriage means IMHO that the relationship is not being fulfilled and isn't it more worthwhile to sort things out rather than take any easy option. Think very carefully .... in the end it may cost you your marriage.

I don't think it is a good idea. When a person brings it up, it means he or she is looking for something better than what their partner can offer in the relationship.

I can say that I've never been in an open relationship and I don't think I would want to because it isn't my thing.

However, if it is for some people who likes doing it - good for them. It's their choice and surely, they have to be aware of what it will bring into the relationship.

I have to wonder - If they did the open relationship only to spice things up, Why would they do it and how good can it be? There are different ways to spice the relationship without going into an open relationship. Sure, it takes 2 to tango but to bring more people in the mix will probably spell out for a disaster.

I don't think it is a good idea. When a person brings it up, it means he or she is looking for something better than what their partner can offer in the relationship.

i concur. if my other half asks for an open relationship, i'll dump her for other woman. it doesn't worth my time, my feelings and my money to deal with this crap.

needless to say but i feel sorry for people who would go for an open relationship. in my eyes, they're suckers. if people have "down" moments with their other halfs, it's simple -- work with them or dump them for others. no "strings attached" shit.

i concur. if my other half asks for an open relationship, i'll dump her for other woman. it doesn't worth my time, my feelings and my money to deal with this crap.

needless to say but i feel sorry for people who would go for an open relationship. in my eyes, they're suckers. if people have "down" moments with their other halfs, it's simple -- work with them or dump them for others. no "strings attached" shit.

I totally agree with what you said.

Open Relationship can cause the complication, and there is no way to resolve the problem. Does that cause the happiness?
If a couple is in open relationship, a partner seeks other person to cause the jealous and rage.
To be honest, I never been in open relationship and it is really lame.
I don't want my relationship to be in disaster to cause the unhappiness for my life.
Right now, I am not happy with my current boyfriend, and life is sucks!

I have a friend alike that.. Never forget when I asked her husband what happen with his swell Red Lip! He was so embarrassing and got Herpes! So His loving wife say nothing! So He did with another woman and His wife with another man no problem ! :eek2:

So here can be harmful with herpes, disease, Aid, etc.. :dunno:

I've always hated the concept of open-dating. It seems immoral to me and just wrong. I'd be so angry if a girl asked me to consider it.... probably dump her on spot too.

Wow Ijust read on this thread... I never have open relationships because it will screw a relationships U P! as if a person want like that and other person may would be jealous because he/she love this person... so myself I never thought about it at all because I LOVE my GIRL! :)

Open relationships are like a normal relationship..

Some people use them (if both parties in the relationship agree) as a way to bring spice into the relationship. Some couples get off on their spouses or significant others having sex with other people. And 95% are very careful and extremely picky about who they have sex or whatever. So it's not a bad thing like most of you are imagining.

I know all this because I've seen a lot of open relationships. I've been friends with people in those kind of relationships.. And I haven't seen any problems with it.

And it doesn't always screw up your relationship, sometimes it's been known to improve relationships. There are a lot of postives in a open relationship, and yes, some relationships can break up because of Jealousy or whatever. but that is if the people in the relationship are not honest with each other.

I do believe in open relationship. I can be in a one to one relationship, but my opinion, that would be too limited.

Peace out.

I dont believe in open anymore. we had done once with one female and it lead us jealous each other. It was only fanstay sex but emotion and jealous are suck.

Back