Has anyone ever had to deal with this dilemma?

Yeah, I totally relate to what you are saying, NextGen.. It's so frustrating and discouraging to meet other Deaf "date-potentials" who are not up to par emotionally and intellectually.

Cheri said:
:werd: That is the same way with me too. Sometimes being intelligence can be too boring. I love the fun baby. heh!
Well, I agree with you. The key is the balance. Balance.

I can relate to that.

Lucky I met my DH at RIT, he went to RIT not NTID...I had a lot of friends who went to NTID but was not my intelligent level. It was difficult.

It is frustrating and discourgaging to find a person that you can relate to everything. Got a best friend up in Michigan who is frustrated finding a right woman who can share his level right now.

Have you tried Silent Supper. I was hesitant to go but realized more hearing people went there who knew asl (family, ex gf/bf, etc) and few deafies with intelligent levels. Try those, we just went last month and was sure interesting and more comfy to make more friends that can start an converstation than boring one! Just an suggestion...I know it is kind of uncomfortable, just go one and see, if not that good, then don't go back.

Yes i know exactly what you mean.. but it even applies to hearing people too.. their levels are different. Some are intellectual and high society, while others are.. well, the opposite. Its important to find someone that suits you. It doesn't neccessairly mean deaf specifically.

Back