Hard of hearing and tired of asking to repeat

It's like asking your ex to do you favours, you could ask, it just isn't something you want to do.

Unless they lowered the age of senior citizens to 23, I don't qualify. The nearest costco is almost 100 miles away one way and I don't know where a rehab place is. I don't have a doctor, I don't medically get checked out in any way shape or form, I can't afford one. But you are right, I should leave the Vet thing out, I see what a mess it made here.

If a HA is what I need, as long as it works, I'm not too picky.

None of the walmarts in my area have those, not even the bigger ones.

I have no health plan.

I did not say to leave the vet thing out , I said you could call the vet office and they may be able give you a list of agencies that have nothing to with the military.

It's like asking your ex to do you favours, you could ask, it just isn't something you want to do.

Unless they lowered the age of senior citizens to 23, I don't qualify. The nearest costco is almost 100 miles away one way and I don't know where a rehab place is. I don't have a doctor, I don't medically get checked out in any way shape or form, I can't afford one. But you are right, I should leave the Vet thing out, I see what a mess it made here.

If a HA is what I need, as long as it works, I'm not too picky.

None of the walmarts in my area have those, not even the bigger ones.

I have no health plan.

I did not say to leave the vet thing out , I said you could call the vet office and they may be able give you a list of agencies that have nothing to with the military.

FREE Hearing Test - Healthy Hearing Now - Call today 757-431-1999healthyhearingnow.com I just found a list of web sites for free hearing test in Virginia . I Forgot where you lived and Mass rehab is for my state . They will help people get a hearing aid if they want to go to collage or get a job. This is why I really think it's crazy to not use the vet office to help you find ways to get the help you need. I give up!

In the case of someone who can't afford HAs right now, a "piece of crap," as you so nicely put it, might be better than nothing to someone seeking any form of help.

Hey, if it doesn't work and never really did, it's crap. We had a person closer to us that was nice enough to help him. She sent it off for repairs again and it died - yet again, a month later. He never wears them now and I can't say I blame him. "Crap" is a fitting discription of the hearing aids we give our vets for "free." I did mention that Phonak was one of the brands covered by the VA and it's had more favorable reviews than the garbage they gave my father....not that he's willing to go through that again - and why not? The big issue with VA services is not all services are local.

My father can't go to Lynn which is twenty minutes away, or Bedford, about a half hour away. No...he has to drive all the way to Jamacia Plain because that location is the only one that deals with hearing aids. How stupid is that? Why can't the VA service hearing aids regardless of location? The two biggest strikes against the VA from the clients' point of view are products that don't work and distance most have to travel to get the services they need. I don't know how it varies from state to state, but in Massachusetts: Jamacia Plain is the only location for hearing services, Lynn only deals with precription meds and Bedford - no idea.

No one should have to work that hard to get help. The VA should be able to service all the needs of vets in their residental area - not make them travel for an hour or more. I wouldn't do it and I don't think a 77 year old man should have to either..however the VA only helps clients that are willing to travel to them - regardless of distance. They don't make anything easy on the clients. This is probably why Costco does so well. Less hassle, better selection.

Hey, if it doesn't work and never really did, it's crap. We had a person closer to us that was nice enough to help him. She sent it off for repairs again and it died - yet again, a month later. He never wears them now and I can't say I blame him. "Crap" is a fitting discription of the hearing aids we give our vets for "free." I did mention that Phonak was one of the brands covered by the VA and it's had more favorable reviews than the garbage they gave my father....not that he's willing to go through that again - and why not? The big issue with VA services is not all services are local.

My father can't go to Lynn which is twenty minutes away, or Bedford, about a half hour away. No...he has to drive all the way to Jamacia Plain because that location is the only one that deals with hearing aids. How stupid is that? Why can't the VA service hearing aids regardless of location? The two biggest strikes against the VA from the clients' point of view are products that don't work and distance most have to travel to get the services they need. I don't know how it varies from state to state, but in Massachusetts: Jamacia Plain is the only location for hearing services, Lynn only deals with precription meds and Bedford - no idea.

No one should have to work that hard to get help. The VA should be able to service all the needs of vets in their residental area - not make them travel for an hour or more. I wouldn't do it and I don't think a 77 year old man should have to either..however the VA only helps clients that are willing to travel to them - regardless of distance. They don't make anything easy on the clients. This is probably why Costco does so well. Less hassle, better selection.

Lynn Veterans' Office

I found the web site for VA office in Lynn and it said it's an one
stop place for Vets. I guess this has to an old web site. It does not made any sense to made a Vet drive all the way to Jamacia Plain ,as they'll have to go more than one time to get a hearing aid. At least there should be someone to drive a Vet there. What if a person it not able to travel far ,does that mean they do not get a HA?? That is insane!
If this was my dad I would be making phone calls .

The big issue with VA services is not all services are local.

I don't know about other states but I know in my state(California) there is a van that comes and picks up Veterans in order for them to get over to the VA. Maybe the OP could look into that if it comes to his last resort and he actually needs to visit the VA.

Back