Happy St. Patrick's Day!

SJCSue

Reaction score
I want to wish you a Happy St. Patrick's Day.

Happy St. Patrick's Day! Dang, looks like we will need more corned beef, since the crew are undoubtedly pure Irish and had it for breakfast! Corned beef and potatoes and cabbage for breakfast! For lunch it will be potatoes, corned beef and cabbage! For dinner it will be changed a wee bit to cabbage, potatoes and corned beef!
May you be in Heaven a half hour before the Devil knows you're dead! :wave:

Hottie women, kiss me in tongue. Because My last name is 100% Irish

:laugh2:
Happy St. Patrick's Day! Dang, looks like we will need more corned beef, since the crew are undoubtedly pure Irish and had it for breakfast! Corned beef and potatoes and cabbage for breakfast! For lunch it will be potatoes, corned beef and cabbage! For dinner it will be changed a wee bit to cabbage, potatoes and corned beef!
May you be in Heaven a half hour before the Devil knows you're dead! :wave:

:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

This year's St. Patrick's Day is gonna suck for me! I am pretty sick (stomach virus) and I forgot to wear green and no way I am going to drink beer, much less green beer! My stomach just can't take it. I'll turn green if I drink beer. ;)

Where's my green beer? :fruit:

Green beer is a St. Patrick's day tradition in many homes, restaurants, and pubs. You don't need to be a chemist to mix this celebratory drink. All you need is beer and food coloring. Simply add food coloring to your favorite beer, mix it up and enjoy.

The beer
Choose a lighter beer, one that will take the color easily. If your favorite beer is of the darker variety, it will take more coloring.

The color
It was suggested by a commenter on Slashfood, where we were reminded of this cool St. Patrick's day tradition, that blue food coloring works best; by mixing it with the yellow beer, you should achieve a true green color. I tried both blue and green food coloring. Take a look through the gallery and decide which one you think worked best.

For the purists among us who don't want to tamper with good beer, enjoy a Guinness. If you're in the St. Patrick's day spirit, but aren't really a beer drinker, follow me through the break and I'll share some other green cocktails along with a few non-alcoholic ones.

gb2.jpg

Add 5-6 drops of green food coloring. Mix.

gb3.jpg

Green Beer!

Happy St. Paddy's Day from the resident Irishwoman. :D :D :D

Back