Happy Birthday Peter Gabriel

TXgolfer

Dream Weaver
Premium Member
Reaction score
What are the odds?

Peter Gabriel turned 63 today.

Even wilder, Today is also the Birthday of Peter Tork of The Monkees...He turned 71 today.

(BTW, the odds are 1/73)

Happy birthday!!

peter-gabriel-1-4.jpg

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

OMG I'm dying. You're awful. I love it! Hahaha

I actually looked him up, and found out Peter Gabriel is a flutist, but I am still not clear on what influence he had on popular culture and why anyone would become obsessed with him.

I actually looked him up, and found out Peter Gabriel is a flutist, but I am still not clear on what influence he had on popular culture and why anyone would become obsessed with him.

He is a pop star. He was with Phil Collins in the band Genesis and then he went solo in the 80's. His songs were kind of goofy, but popular.

And an odd/uncommon quality to his voice. Sort of haunting.

He is a pop star. He was with Phil Collins in the band Genesis and then he went solo in the 80's. His songs were kind of goofy, but popular.

And an odd/uncommon quality to his voice. Sort of haunting.

That doesn't really mean anything to me.

I don't know who Genesis was, and I have no idea what they are famous for.

It's a weird thing to come up on this board and it makes me kind of frustrated when I can't understand the references.

That doesn't really mean anything to me.

I don't know who Genesis was, and I have no idea what they are famous for.

It's a weird thing to come up on this board and it makes me kind of frustrated when I can't understand the references.

Sorry.

What are the odds?

Even wilder, Today is also the Birthday of Peter Tork of The Monkees...He turned 71 today.

(BTW, the odds are 1/73)

So...
did he
Shock the Monkee?

My parents played his 'So' album a LOT when it came out. When they got their first CD player, they bought it again so they could have the tape in the car and the CD at home. The surreal lyrics of some of the songs may have been a bit much for my young mind...

I got my dad the So 25th Anniversary Edition for Christmas - I think it broke his MP3 stereo the first time he put it in and tried to rip it.

Wirelessly posted

soulchill said:
What are the odds?

(BTW, the odds are 1/73)

So...
did he
Shock the Monkee?

LMBO

My parents played his 'So' album a LOT when it came out. When they got their first CD player, they bought it again so they could have the tape in the car and the CD at home. The surreal lyrics of some of the songs may have been a bit much for my young mind...

I got my dad the So 25th Anniversary Edition for Christmas - I think it broke his MP3 stereo the first time he put it in and tried to rip it.

The videos probably didn't help any either!

I'm with you Botts. I never got into the "wild" bands of my day. I was born in the wrong decade as I like(d) the big band sound.

Back