Hangover Cures?

Levonian

Reaction score
I guess this is the perfect day to start a thread on this subject. My neighbor gave me some ginger candy for Christmas. I opened the bag and started eating some of them today, and within a few minutes I noticed that my hangover was almost gone. At first I thought it was just my imagination, but just for the hell of it I typed ‘hangover’ and ‘ginger’ into Google. I got 65,000 hits! I found all sorts of information about using ginger to cure a hangover. Does anybody else have any hangover cures that they have used that really work?

Last edited:
drink water cuz hangover is result of dehydrated from drinking excessive alcohol - reason why dehyrated is cuz u have pee and pee

Bingo, drink a cup of water before you go to bed and a cup when you wake up. That helps me a lot. Eating also helps not to make you so drunk on an empty stomach or it would be easier to throw up.

To avoid hangovers, drink plenty of water and eat plenty of bread if possible. When I go to parties, I usually bring a couple of those Hostess chocolate cupcakes. Eating a couple when I arrive to the party prepares myself before I drink. After playing a round of beer pong or drinking a couple bottles of beer, I drink a cup or 2 of water before drinking more. That's why I never get a hangover. Heh!

Well i had a SMALL smidge of champange for a toast of the new yr, it was nice i like the dry champange not the brut BLAH too strong! anyhow it was nice tho :) but i restrict myself to one or two drinks as im not the kind to drink so much i had a bad experince several yrs back so vowed myself never again!

I went to a NYE party.. drank a lot but I did eat tho.. was a little drunk but didn't get a hangover the next day. My hubby had a tiny one.. poor him :P I'll have to suggest him to drink water or something so he wont get hangovers next time :D

I didn't drink on the nye at all...i smoked some doobies :D

I never get hangover even though i drink excessively sometimes. I think the trick is to stick with one alchol like if ur gonna be drinking beers..stick to it.Unfortunely for me I have to give it a lil "break" seeing that i am a diabete and it skyrockets my bloodsugar when i drink.

One sure hangover cure is not to drink!! You won't get a hangover if you don't drink.. :P

butterflygal said:
One sure hangover cure is not to drink!! You won't get a hangover if you don't drink.. :P

This is true. And, I hate to be the one to burst everyone's bubble here ... lol But, there's really NO true hangover cure, except, good 'ol time. Drinking water probably does PREVENT a hangover from occuring, but once you have one, the best thing to do is give it time.

Sorry, guys... lol

Last edited:
hmmm....I thought a cure for a hangover is just hit your head with a hammer than your problem is solved?.... :twisted:

VamPyroX said:
To avoid hangovers, drink plenty of water and eat plenty of bread if possible. When I go to parties, I usually bring a couple of those Hostess chocolate cupcakes. Eating a couple when I arrive to the party prepares myself before I drink. After playing a round of beer pong or drinking a couple bottles of beer, I drink a cup or 2 of water before drinking more. That's why I never get a hangover. Heh!

Wow, impressive... I did the same thing like you did and know what happened to me? I puked! Sugar and alcohol don't mix well for me. Did the same thing at someone's birthday party years ago... I drank few bottles of corona beer and a peice of cake and I went straight to the bathroom. Jeez. White bread contains sugar in it, but it doesn't make me puke. Thought it was interesting. :dunno:

Katzie said:
Wow, impressive... I did the same thing like you did and know what happened to me? I puked! Sugar and alcohol don't mix well for me. Did the same thing at someone's birthday party years ago... I drank few bottles of corona beer and a peice of cake and I went straight to the bathroom. Jeez. White bread contains sugar in it, but it doesn't make me puke. Thought it was interesting. :dunno:
Perhaps, you don't handle sugar well. I handle my food and drinks well. I guess we're all different. :dunno:

^Angel^ said:
hmmm....I thought a cure for a hangover is just hit your head with a hammer than your problem is solved?.... :twisted:

LOLOL Angel... I prefer to just not drink. It saves a lot of time and misery. lol

I find its always useful to drink milk before a heavy drinking session, as it effectively lines your stomach. Or you could eat starchy foods beforehand such as pasta which I find helps. I guess it depends on the individual - everyone is gonna react to alcohol differently.

In the end i guess the best hangover cure is to not drink at all in the first place!

eshov said:
I find its always useful to drink milk before a heavy drinking session, as it effectively lines your stomach. Or you could eat starchy foods beforehand such as pasta which I find helps. I guess it depends on the individual - everyone is gonna react to alcohol differently.

In the end i guess the best hangover cure is to not drink at all in the first place!
:ugh: I hear that milk makes it worse. Ever heard of those "puke wars"? That's when people are drinking milk and puking it up in competitions. The reason for this is because people can't hold their milk once mixed with alcohol.

I always drink one or two bottle of beer in the morning and hungover gone.

^Angel^ said:

ah, angel.. that's funny and cute ..
in fact i gave up drinking cuz
i almost always got hangover
even with lots of water did NOT work for me at all...
so i'm contented with a glass of coke and/or
ginger ale... i cannot tolerate any hangovers :)

Back